Bill Maher expressed disinterest in critical race theory, saying he was "out" if it meant segregating children by race
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Nov. 1, 2021, 6:28 p.m.

Link:

Bill Maher: If critical race theory means 'separating 5-year-olds by race,' then 'I'm out' (msn.com)

Liberal talk show host Bill Maher expressed his disinterest in critical race theory, saying he was "out" if it meant segregating children by race.

Maher said he was "for it" if authors such as Toni Morrison were taught but not if it meant changing how teachers treated children.

"If that's what critical race theory means," Maher said. "If it means separating 5-year-olds by race and telling some, 'You're oppressors,' and the others, 'You're the oppressed,' and giving up on a colorblind society and resegregation and racism is the essence of America — then I'm out."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent point from Maher imo! Dr. King said to not judge people based on the color of their skin but instead based on the "content of their character." I wonder what he'd think about this.

Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 1, 2021, 6:50 p.m.
Like Reply

who should be surprised that CRT is racism. Just more crap piled on crap by marxits.

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2021, 6:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful points. Thanks.

By kris - Nov. 2, 2021, 5:20 p.m.
Like Reply

"And then there’s shaming. That definition has been rewritten to mean anything that suggests I’m not 100% perfect.

I’m not fat shaming when I call bull**** on the idea that a person can be healthy at any size.

We’re so through the looking glass on this that Weight Watchers changed their name to “WW.”

The weight loss people can’t mention weight loss.

Adele was shamed for losing weight, like she was a traitor to what, unhealthiness?

When I have reported the statistic that 78% of the people who died or were hospitalized with COVID were overweight, that’s not fat shaming, that’s fatsplaining.

It’s what the CDC should be doing"

Bill Maher

But of course the CDC won't be doing any explaining, Bill knows that very well too. Glad he called them out though.

Solution: ship all them fatsos out to North Korea, automatic weight loss program over there, problem solved !

By metmike - Nov. 2, 2021, 5:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Over 11 million Americans have had or still have Long COVID which is symptoms that go on for 6 months, sometimes longer.

Being overweight is also a factor.

Obesity Increases Risk of Long-COVID, Study Finds

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210608/obesity-increases-risk-of-long-covid-study-finds

"In the 10 months after their initial COVID-19 infection, 44% of the patients required hospital admission and 1% had died.

The risk of hospital admission was 28% higher in those with moderate obesity (BMI 35-39.9) and 30% higher in those with severe obesity (BMI 40 or higher).

The need for diagnostic tests after infection was 25% higher among those with moderate obesity and 39% higher in those with severe obesity, compared with those of with a BMI of 18.5-24.9."

Association between Long COVID and Overweight/Obesity

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8469321/

metmike: Why are overweight people at higher risk?

Why Are People with Obesity More Vulnerable to COVID?

Chronic inflammation and immune breakdown appear to be key reasons

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-are-people-with-obesity-more-vulnerable-to-covid/

By kris - Nov. 2, 2021, 5:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Y'all don't give Brandon enough credit. 

He has THE solution: bring back The Great Depression = no more fatsos = no more covid = reelected by a landslide in 2024.

The brilliance of that man I'll tell ya ....

By WxFollower - Nov. 2, 2021, 7:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow did this thread go off the rails! <G>

By metmike - Nov. 2, 2021, 9:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry,

Yes  I try to respond to  the previous/latest post but the last one...............I have no idea what it means. Do you?

By metmike - Nov. 2, 2021, 9:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Maybe this will help get it back on track:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

Critical race theory (CRT) is a body of legal scholarship and an academic movement of US civil-rights scholars and activists who seek to examine the intersection of race and US law and to challenge mainstream American liberal approaches to racial justice.[1][2][3][4] CRT examines social, cultural, and legal issues primarily as they relate to race and racism in the US.[5][6] A tenet of CRT is that racism and disparate racial outcomes are the result of complex, changing, and often subtle social and institutional dynamics, rather than explicit and intentional prejudices of individuals.[7][8]

CRT originated in the mid-1970s in the writings of several American legal scholars, including Derrick Bell, Alan Freeman, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Richard Delgado, Cheryl Harris, Charles R. Lawrence III, Mari Matsuda, and Patricia J. Williams.[1] It emerged as a movement by the 1980s, reworking theories of critical legal studies (CLS) with more focus on race.[1][9] CRT is grounded in critical theory[10] and draws from thinkers such as Antonio Gramsci, Sojourner Truth, Frederick Douglass, and W. E. B. DuBois, as well as the Black Power, Chicano, and radical feminist movements from the 1960s and 1970s.[1]

CRT scholars view race and white supremacy as an intersectional social construct[7] that advances the interests of white people[11] at the expense of persons of other races.[12][13][14] In the field of legal studies, CRT emphasizes that formally colorblind laws can still have racially discriminatory outcomes.[15] A key CRT concept is intersectionality, which emphasizes that race can intersect with other identities (such as gender and class) to produce complex combinations of power and advantage.[16]

Academic critics of CRT argue that it relies on social constructionism, elevates storytelling over evidence and reason, rejects the concepts of truth and merit, and opposes liberalism.[17][18][19] 

Since 2020, conservative US lawmakers have sought to ban or restrict critical race theory instruction along with other anti‑racism programs.[8][20] Critics of these efforts say the lawmakers have poorly defined or misrepresented the tenets and importance of CRT and that the goal of the laws is to more broadly silence discussions of racism, equality, social justice, and the history of race

By WxFollower - Nov. 2, 2021, 9:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

I’m trying to figure out what that post could possibly have to do with Maher’s concerns with how CRT is taught.

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2021, 12:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry, 

This is actually the perfect topic to discuss here. Thanks for starting the thread and for your comment mcfarm!

By TimNew - Nov. 3, 2021, 5:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Think of it like someone injecting Trump into a completely unrelated subject/discussion.   

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2021, 7:11 a.m.
Like Reply

No opinion on CRT?

By TimNew - Nov. 3, 2021, 7:36 a.m.
Like Reply

I've stated my opinion on the subject many times.  Oddly enough, Maher and I are in agreement more and more often these days.  Whoda Thunk?!?!?  Guess that shows how far the leftists have come when a liberal and a conservative form an alliance.

Technically,  CRT, by definition, is not what's being taught in schools.

What is being taught is a bastardization of the original.   That Essentially, the US operates much like Mississippi in the 50's and whites are inherently racist.  The entire success of the US is based on racist principles that are intertwined in everything we do.  The very concept of race is an invention meant to oppress.  White Privelege,  White Guilt, all the nonsensical particles of the "New-Speak" of the "Woke" Crowd.

I guess the racists who push these ideas can't see anything as other than racism. And make no mistake, labeling an entire race with any trait is racist to the core.  Even when applied to whites!!  And now these same "Woke" folk are actually insisting on segregation.  Someone here asked not long ago how MLK would view todays "civil rights" efforts, and I am nearly certain he'd be in tears over what has become of his amazing efforts and acomplishments.

By TimNew - Nov. 3, 2021, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Just re-read this and realized that I did not make clear the HUGE difference between liberal and leftist.  Many people confuse the two today,  much like they confuse conservative and republican.  But while a republican can be a conservative,  a leftist cannot be a liberal.   And I am not talking about traditional liberals,  who were actually the forerunners of libertarian thinking.  I am talking about contemporary liberals.    They are left leaning, w/o a doubt,  but they are not leftists.   Liberals are all for personal liberty,  leftists are not. Leftists demand conformity.  Liberals do not. The list goes on,  but in a nut shell, those two statements go a long way to defining the two factions.  There are excellent essays on the subject and you are welcome to search for them,  or I'll be happy to provide if there is an interest.

Oddly enough,  true liberals have far more in common with true conservatives than leftists,  but are far more likely to vote for leftists. It's a mystery, or a testament to low information voters being manipulated by sound bytes.

In any event,  I hope that  what I am hearing coming out of Va and NJ is the sound of liberals waking up to just who and what they have been voting for.  It's essential to the future of this country. 

Perhaps the leftists have gotten too confident and therefore, too honest with what they want to do.

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2021, 2:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim,

I agree with alot of that.