Cuomo Resigns..
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Aug. 10, 2021, 12:39 p.m.

Pretty sure he was out one way or the other.    Everyone was turning on him,   and his style was not one that gained many friends.

But,  sleazy as his behavior appears to have been,  I'm still amazed that sexual harrasment charges did more damage than his terrible judgment that lead to the deaths of many seniors compounded with his lying about it..

This country is BBR (Broken beyond recognition/Broken beyond repair.)    Take your pick.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigns over sexual harassment (msn.com)

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 10, 2021, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

Maybe it was the fact that even his dog was running away from him (-:

He made things SO MUCH worse for himself over the past week. 

Gov. Cuomo            

19 responses |                

Started by metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 11:45 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/73079/

By jmk - Aug. 10, 2021, 1:50 p.m.
Like Reply

I will make a prediction. Cuomo has made a deal with the powers to be that if he resigns suddenly all of the other investigations will cease. You might see civil suites about nursing home scandal etc.,but the formal inquiry  will become mute. Not to say there might be a minor criminal charge with no jail time for a touching case, but the general thought will be it is over with.

By mcfarm - Aug. 10, 2021, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply

and then rising from the ashes, a miracle I tell you, a miracle

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2021, 2:02 p.m.
Like Reply

That’s possible but making deals only goes well for the people who can bargain from a position of power.

His position had zero bargaining power. The only choice he had was to resign to stop the massive damage to himself  from mounting.

If there are victims that want justice, maybe resigning just gave it to them. If they want more, he may be in trouble because the justice dept is not going to say.......hey, he resigned, what else do you want??

The victims will have almost everything in their favor. Personally, I find that true, provable damages to these particular victims would not be great but in high profile lawsuits, with the narrative on your side, you can win some big bucks settlements.

By jmk - Aug. 10, 2021, 2:43 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike, you said the Justice dept is not going to let this go if victims want more. Are you forgetting witch party runs the Justice Dept? I really hope I am wrong on this. Am I right in thinking the State will have to pay his legal bills as opposed to his being impeached? 

By TimNew - Aug. 10, 2021, 2:55 p.m.
Like Reply

I would not be at all suprised if this scandal died a quiet death.  Not at all, in the least.

But Cuomo is politically dead.  He broke the rules where you are supposed to play nice with some important people. His ego convinced him he was invulnerable. 

By mcfarm - Aug. 10, 2021, 6:42 p.m.
Like Reply

I just hope and pray this is not the first step in all being buried about the old folks homes....something tells me that part has been put on the back burner and may never see light again.

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2021, 10:01 p.m.
Like Reply

jmk,

I hear you on that because of some big cases involving presidents. 

The Mueller investigation was very corrupt, from beginning to end. Intended only to get Trump.

The Hillary Clinton investigation too........to overlook her for sure crimes. 

Then protecting Hunter and Joe Biden........crazy stuff.

But I take things one case at a time instead of assuming the DOJ is always corrupt(which isn't true)  and the entities going after Cuomo will be totally different anyways. 

I'd bet that most investigations and prosecutions in this country come up with fair results and verdicts, regardless of the party. That's what I will assume here because I don't know otherwise in NY. 

Take note of the fact that the investigation that led to this resignation NAILED HIM and appears to be very professional and objective. ......no cover ups there.

The other thing is that he's no longer in office. That can make a difference. Nobody could be trying to do a favor or have a favorable/unfavorable  outcome like was the case with Trump, Clinton and Biden. That can be everything, if there's corruption. 

But civil cases are a different deal. Anything is possible. Not a legal expert but one or more of the victims lawyers could contact his lawyers and they could work out an agreement to keep it out of the press, where she/they agree to keep their mouth shut. That happens ALL THE TIME.

However, in this case, the women have already testified in the investigation, so his motivation to keep them quiet is not as great.........the cat's out of the bag so to speak. 

Cuomo is not your typical dude either. He is sincerely convinced, I believe that he did nothing wrong and only resigned because he would have been impeached with certainty.  He could want to fight like hell in civil court........I don't know.

I thought one of his comments was very telling today in his speech. He said that he didn't think that he crossed any lines but it was because the lines were moved and he didn't realize it.

That could be genuine, although some of the groping was crossing everybody's line but he could have justified it in his head. 

I just remember how it was back in the 1970's/80's and I was a well known SINGLE tv celebrity for 1.5 years before meeting my wife(and staying loyal to only her after that). Before I met her, I would go into bars and have women that would throw themselves at me(I was a body builder and good looking)  that like to party and I really loved "being with" women.

Since they were on board with no rules barred, I justified using them for a good time(for the both of us) but in retrospect, I was the celebrity and they were enamored by my status, so I took advantage of them more times than you would believe because of that.......but justified it as it being both of us having a good time. I feel very bad for them....... wish I could go back and not do it but it was 40 years ago and times were different, I was ignorant and had poor morals. 

I was starting to get into a heap of trouble with alot of women who wanted more and knew where to find me..........then I was blessed to find my soul mate and wife.

Today is our 36th wedding anniversary. Smartest thing that I ever did!

So it would be a hypocrite of me to be too harsh on Cuomo. What he did was wrong, especially with him having all the power and it evidentially not being mutual. But his infractions, were mild enough so that it seems pretty far fetched to file criminal charges and I'm not sure what the damages would be in civil court.

Saying that the governor groped me on one occasion and I haven't been able to sleep for 10 years?  Or made several passes at me and made me feel uncomfortable. A guy like that needs to go, especially pretending to be for the me too movement in todays age and not acting the way that he preached but if this doesn't go much farther in court or elsewhere, it could very well be that there are thousands of more important crimes, including violent sex crimes to spent time prosecuting. 

It will likely all be republicans wanting his blood and insisting he got special treatment if no charges are filed.

The last week’s events were the complete OPPOSITE of special treatment. 

The man was totally held accountable by both parties and completely embarrassed/disgraced to the max and lost the most important thing a person like this can have. His pride and his job.  He went from being on a throne to  being tossed into the sewer......friends and previous supporters abandoning him.   

He's paid his price. This hurts him more than anybody losing their job.

His legacy as one of the greatest governors in the great state of NY..............just got flushed down the toilet.  Yeah, he's paid the ultimate price already.

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2021, 8:28 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm posting this as an example of very poor " tabloid" journalism by the NY Post.......in the past one of my favorite sources. They are using their hatred for Andrew Cuomo  and obvious bias to celebrate with "yellow" journalism. I'm sure many of their readers will enjoy it but it's here as an example of BAD/BIASED journalism.

It's not always the left side of the MSM that does this.

‘Cuomosexuals’ lament fall of groping gov: Cuomo was my shamelessly sexy God

https://nypost.com/2021/08/11/former-cuomosexuals-lament-fall-of-ny-gov-andrew-cuomo/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=1262051

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2021, 8:36 p.m.
Like Reply

This one, I totally get as acceptible because it's totally satire from a publisher than only does satire intended to be FUNNY........while making a political point. 

The NY Post is not in that business.

Cuomo Announces New Book On How To Treat Women With Dignity And Respect

https://babylonbee.com/news/cuomo-announces-new-book-on-how-to-treat-women-with-dignity-and-respect

By metmike - Aug. 18, 2021, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

NY lawmakers to continue Cuomo investigation, reversing course after backlash

State lawmakers initially said impeachment proceedings would end with Cuomo's resignation

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-lawmakers-cuomo-investigation-reversing-course

New York state lawmakers announced Monday the investigation would continue into outgoing Gov. Andrew Cuomo, three days and a wave of backlash after initially saying the impeachment proceedings would end with his resignation.

"The Assembly Judiciary Committee will continue to review evidence and issue a final report on its investigation of Governor Cuomo," New York state Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie and Assembly Judiciary Chair Charles Lavine, both Democrats, said in a joint statement. 

CUOMO IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS SUSPENDED BY NEW YORK STATE ASSEMBLY

"In doing so, the committee will take all appropriate steps to ensure that this effort does not interfere with various ongoing investigations by the United States Attorney concerning nursing home data; the attorney general concerning the governor’s memoir; and local law enforcement authorities in five jurisdictions – Manhattan, Albany, Westchester, Nassau, and Oswego – regarding possible criminal incidents of sexual misconduct," they said.

By metmike - Aug. 26, 2021, 5:37 p.m.
Like Reply