2 opposing Trump views
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 12, 2021, 10:22 p.m.

Trump Is the Biggest Threat to the GOP | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-biggest-threat-gop-opinion-1607248

"The future of the GOP has nothing to do with a substantive, populist agenda. It is all about the man, Donald Trump, both positive and negative. I do something masochistic and profoundly unusual by sitting and listening to all of those Castro-esque, long, rambling speeches at his rallies. He has nothing to say on policy."

"Trump is a malignancy that threatens the survival of the GOP, and I don't see a future for the party unless he gives up his 2024 presidential ambitions."

Comments
By metmike - July 12, 2021, 10:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump Forced the GOP to Recognize Its Failures | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-forced-gop-recognize-its-failures-opinion-1607245

"Between Trump's immigration plan/"build the wall," a lot of us knew we had a problem here, but we really didn't want to face it. I think Trump has succeeded in energizing voters in such a way that our political leadership has to actually address the question of illegal immigration."

By mcfarm - July 13, 2021, 8 a.m.
Like Reply

"He has nothing to say on policy." That may be one of the silliest statements ever made. The author might have said he hates Trump and drop all the rest because that is what the bottom line is.

By mcfarmer - July 13, 2021, 8:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike, a couple interesting pieces, obviously a person couldn’t form a reasoned response without spending some time on them.

I’ll listen to the long interview (over an hour) while working in the shop today, getting ready to cut some more hay.

One thing in relation to this topic however; a person has to separate Trump the person from the administration’s  policies. I very much support, and have for a long time, many of the initiatives the administration put forward.

The person however is just a train wreck of an individual. He could have easily been re-elected if not for shooting himself in the foot so very unnecessarily. The whole McCain deal  alone was enough to sink his ship. Totally without gain. Totally without anything other than ego.

He drug so very many good folks down with him, and many of those are so far underwater with him they have no choice but to ride it out to the bitter end. I hope this chapter is closed without permanent damage to our country.

By metmike - July 13, 2021, 10:31 a.m.
Like Reply

That pretty much sums it up mcfarmer.