The new Covid19 variant... the Delta Variant
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - June 27, 2021, 7:36 p.m.

The news is full of the new variant of Covid19, the Delta Variant. It is supposedly the most dangerous of all the variants.

Pres. Biden mentioned it, and asked everyone to hurry up and get vaccinated. And Dr Fauci just published a 2-min video, warning us of this variant. He said that the vaccines would protect us against this variant with a 90-96% efficiency, and asked us to get vaccinated right away.

But wait…..
The WSJ just reported that in Israel, half of the Delta-infected people have already been fully vaccinated. What happened to the 96% protection???

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccinated-people-account-for-half-of-new-covid-19-delta-cases-in-israeli-outbreak-11624624326

But wait…. it gets MUCH weirder……

The UK government agency Public Health England just published a study that showed that this Delta variant has killed more vaccinated people than unvaccinated people.

Yes, you read this correctly !

Here are the details…

The Delta Variant killed 70 out of the 27,192 vaccinated individuals, which is a 0.26% mortality rate. (This includes people who had 1 or 2 shots).

If you focus on fully vaccinated people, it is worse.... 50 out of 7,235 died… which is a 0.69% mortality rate.

In the meantime, out of 53,822 unvaccinated (but infected) people only 44 died, which is a 0.08% mortality rate

You can find the tables on pages 13-14

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/996740/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_17.pdf

I am not a virologist.... I have no explanation for this.

But shouldn’t somebody inform Dr Fauci about this?

Comments
By mcfarmer - June 27, 2021, 7:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Well I will state the obvious, at least to me.

Vaccines don’t always keep you from getting a disease. What they do is give your immune system a heads up to be looking for this particular bug and enable it to mount a defense faster than otherwise.

This means that for some folks they will come in contact with the bug, their immune system will quash it immediately and they will be none the wiser.

For others it means their immune system will have a more difficult time and they will display symptoms. The goal is to reduce the severity of the symptoms.

Did the article mention hospitalization rate ? I’m hoping the hospitalization rate for vaccinated folks would be much lower than for the unvaccinated. Please correct me.

Edit:

I found it in one the tables you mentioned. These are the patients that required emergency care.

hospitalization for two dose vaccinated was 190

hospitalization for unvaccinated was 1571

total cases was 2604

a difference of 6 deaths may not be significant, we don’t know all the statistics.

Interesting none the less.

By GunterK - June 27, 2021, 8:29 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarmer, the numbers are all in the link. I didn't check all of them, but I did a few to reply to you.  Yes, for hospital stays, for example, unvaccinated people also did better than vaccinated ones... although the numbers are not as dramatically different as they are for the kill rates.

For some reason, this Delta virus is more interested in hurting vaccinated people.

Your general comments about "vaccines" are correct of course.... but let's not forget, today we are not talking about "vaccines' in the traditional sense.... we are talking about DNA manipulation therapie

Either way, Dr Fauci's comment about the vaccines giving you 90-96% protection against the Delta variant, are simply not true, if this UK study is correct. 

Again, I am not a virologist.... it's just that this study out of the UK is a shocking new development.

By mcfarm - June 27, 2021, 8:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter for the report. Atleast we know Fauci is consistent....consistently wrong or lying or both.

By GunterK - June 27, 2021, 9:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you, mcfarmer, for checking out the numbers I quoted. You left out some important information about these numbers. I know you did it to be sarcastic

For those who didn’t look at the tables…

The numbers you picked (of the many categories) are for ER visits, and they are..

Fully vaccinated people… 190 out of 7,235 > 2.6%

Unvaccinated people…1571 out of 53,822 > 2.9%

In this case, the vaccinated people win by a hair. In several other categories I checked, the unvaccinated people win by a hair.

The scary discrepancy was among people who were killed by the Delta, as shown in my original post.

Either way….. as far as the Delta Covid is concerned, the efficacy rate of the vaccines seems to be 50%, at best. (the mortality rate is much worse… but then, maybe we need more data points)

By mcfarmer - June 27, 2021, 10:12 p.m.
Like Reply

“either way….. as far as the Delta Covid is concerned, the efficacy rate of the vaccines seems to be 50%, at best. (the mortality rate is much worse… but then, maybe we need more data points)”

No, that’s wrong. We don’t know how many vaccinated were exposed and never sought treatment.

I also don’t think you understood my numbers as I do.

I‘m not interested in going into it further. Thanks for the viewpoint.

By GunterK - June 27, 2021, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

you said "...No, that’s wrong. We don’t know how many vaccinated were exposed and never sought treatment...."

true... neither do we know how many unvaccinated people were exposed and never sought treatment.

2 unknown numbers... numbers that could be anything...This point is totally meaningless.

Apparently you didn't pay much attention to the UK study... their numbers are about people who got infected with the Delta Variant and did seek treatment.  And from these very same numbers, one can conclude that the vaccines are at best 50% effective (confirmed also by the WSJ report)... however, the mortality rate associated with the Delta Variant is 3 times higher among vaccinated people than unvaccinated ones..... and this is a shocking revelation

I am also done with this discussion.

I hope that others here will find this info at least thought-provoking

By GunterK - June 28, 2021, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

I do need to add a follow-up post…. when I am wrong, I admit it (referring to my exchange with mcfarmer)

First a comment about the link to the WSJ article of my original post….

This article says that of the people infected with the Delta Variant in Israel, half of them have been fully vaccinated. The other half was unvaccinated.

Israel is 57% fully vaccinated. Assuming that an equal number of the population (vaccinated vs unvaccinated) was exposed to the virus, does this not mean that the vaccine did not work at all for this variant?

Coming back to mcfarmer…. I see his point. Of all the people in the UK who sought medical help, a much larger portion was unvaccinated…. meaning, the vaccine must have helped (in the UK).

However, it’s the mortality rate that bothers me, as I pointed out in my original post.

With a little bit of further study, I found this on this subject…..

People who had their first jab leas then 21 days ago… 1 dead

People who had their first jab more than 21 days ago… 19 dead

People who were fully vaccinated… 50 dead

In other words, the more you let this spike-protein laden DNA therapy work in your body, the more the Delta Variant kills you.

Quite strange… isn’t it?

By mcfarmer - June 28, 2021, 8:02 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the correction, but you need to finish.

How many unvaccinated died ? In that group it was 44.

We don’t know enough to tell if a difference of six is significant. Is the exposed group in the thousands ? Tens of thousands ? Millions ? Maybe it says in the report somewhere, I just skimmed it. Most likely they don’t know.

Possibly our intervention methods have gotten good enough that if you get it your survival rate is about equal.

Or possibly our intervention methods are not as effective on vaccinated folks, we don‘t know.

Thanks to everyone for their astute  observations.