Indiana/ Kentucky All-Star game
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - June 11, 2021, 9:42 p.m.

one of the best thing I do every June is attend the Indiana/ Kentucky all=star basketball game. It benefit the blind and raised hundred of thousands for that cause. Tomorrow nite will be my 61st straight year minus last years covid crap cancellation. Years ago it was so competitive with out of this world players on both sides but the last several years Kentucky has not been able to compete...so sad but its been my major summer event for all those years. To think of all the hall of fame players I have seen and now my son has a player from his team to make the team this years....incredible really. Name a few, Oscar Roberton, Larry Bird , George McGinnis, Jimmy Rayl, Billy Keller,Rick Mount, Damon Bailey, Steve Alford,Calvert Chenney, Tom and Dick VanARsdale, Bob Ford  from MM home Evansville..so many great ones all ready gone to their reward including this year when we lost Bobby Leonard.

Comments
By metmike - June 11, 2021, 11:55 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Almost all those names you mentioned are familiar to me. Wow. What a rich history of awesome IN players.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow night in Indy.

IN crushed KY earlier this evening in the first game.

By metmike - June 12, 2021, 12:02 a.m.
Like Reply

SEE IT: Indiana Kentucky All-Star Boys basketball at Owensboro Sportscenter

https://www.courierpress.com/picture-gallery/sports/2021/06/12/photos-indiana-kentucky-all-star-boys-basketball-owensboro-sportscenter/7663876002/

The Indiana All-Stars defeated the Kentucky All-Stars 93-70.

I was looking at the picture below and thinking............."dang, this guy's vertical leap must be off the charts!"(along with being 6 ft 10")

By metmike - June 12, 2021, 12:04 a.m.
Like Reply
By mcfarm - June 12, 2021, 10:16 p.m.
Like Reply

well we won again tonite. Was not the prettiest game I ever saw and Indiana should of won by many more points. My son's player {Taylor} played a heck of a game and his energy gave Indiana a huge boast in the second half. He will go to Butler and help them rebuild. Purdue had 3 recruits in the game and 2 of those guys will be helpful to them. Another all-star game in the books for me. Saw many old faces one guy I had not talked to since my freshman year at Purdue when we lost the intramural championship to his team {Frank Kendrick} Freshman were not allowed to play varsity back then and we had the {honor} ha of playing against a stacked team. He later started 3 years for Purdue and was a stud.

By metmike - June 13, 2021, 12:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Congrats and thanks for sharing mcfarm!

Can't see anything posted online yet but will try to find an article again later!