Jan 6th Commission
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 20, 2021, 2:32 a.m.
Comments
By TimNew - May 20, 2021, 4:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Are there questions they need answered?    If so, what are they?  What is not known about one of the most public and heavily scrutinzed events of our generation?

Or is it just another of many examples of political theater?  Rep Ryans' performance was absolute political theater.   But, when I hear someone claim that solving the climate crisis is crucial,  I tend to lose interest.

A trivia question.    How many investigations are currently ongoing, into the events of Jan 6th?

By cutworm - May 20, 2021, 7:52 a.m.
Like Reply

The Senate minority leader informed Republicans on Wednesday that he is opposed to the 9/11-style commission that would probe the deadly Jan. 6 riot, as envisioned by the House. And in the wake of McConnell’s remarks, Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) — who had expressed support on Tuesday for the idea — said he could no longer back the commission in its current form.

“We’ve had a chance to hear from House leadership about what they saw in the bill. It doesn’t appear right now that they believe that it is bipartisan in nature, which to me is extremely disappointing,” * Rounds said. “The way that the bill is written right now, I would feel compelled to vote against it.”

McConnell had signaled on Tuesday that he was undecided but came down more firmly after another day of deliberations and explained his views in a Wednesday floor speech. The Kentucky Republican called the House’s proposal “slanted and unbalanced” and said the ongoing congressional investigations are sufficient to probe the pro-Trump riot at the Capitol.

“It’s not at all clear what new facts or additional investigation yet another commission could lay on top of the existing efforts by law enforcement and Congress,” McConnell said. *

* Emphasis are mine

McConnell turns Senate Republicans against Jan. 6 commission - POLITICO

By TimNew - May 20, 2021, 8:34 a.m.
Like Reply

One of the republicans who has "No grasp of reality" according to Rep Ryan in his, IMO, childish rant. 

Moolenaar votes against another Jan. 6 Capitol investigation (ourmidland.com)

“Right now there are investigations into Jan. 6 being conducted by separate committees in the House and Senate, the Department of Justice and the FBI, as well as more than 400 criminal prosecutions," stated Moolenaar, a Midland Republican. "My hope is that people who violated the law are prosecuted and that Congress will make responsible, bipartisan improvements that keep the Capitol safe and support our brave police officers, so something like this never happens again."

By TimNew - May 20, 2021, 8:34 a.m.
Like Reply

removed duplicate post.

By metmike - May 20, 2021, 1:46 p.m.
Like Reply

My questions are:

What do we think we might find that we don't know already?......like Tim is saying and

How do we plan to use that?

I would seriously like to have answers to those questions, they were not just rhetorical.

I have been extremely vocal about condemning Trump's diabolical behavior since the election(Biden steal). And yes, Jan 6th  would never have happened if he had conceded and he did motivate these people and is responsible.

However, the damage that happened on that day was probably 1% of the damage that has occurred to our democracy from Trump's behavior.....which continues.

The dems want to maximize the political damage that this specific event has caused the Republicans. The longer they can drag it out and make it a top headline in the news, the more political damage they can cause to their opponents.

We already know more about this event(with videos, and names and investigations) than almost any event in our country's history. 

The actual damage from that day, has been amplified to seem like 10X the real damage by the MSM and dems. 

The only reason to do yet another investigation is totally political.

Personally, I am all for making Trump ineligible to run for office and most people in prison for political crimes have not damaged our country, even a fraction of what he did and continues to do. 

But is this what the dems are after? Protecting our country from future events like this?  How exactly will they do that? I'd like to see an objective reasoning that justifies this new investigation to accomplish that............then, I would be for it.

Otherwise, it's crystal clear that this is just more partisan political posturing and hatred between the party's that is dragging our country down even more. 

This stratospheric display of hatred and intolerance constantly demonstrated by our politicians is now the acceptable norm...........and the MSM, places like FOX and CNN use it and build on it.

And its posted everywhere on the social media, which also is one of the biggest sources for spreading hate. 

Do people not realize that these mass killings are not because of guns(high powered guns kill more people faster) OR from mental illness.

It's from HATRED! Hatred is starting to be a defining and acceptable condition in many realms of society.

We don't even recognize it when we see it.............because it's almost normal.

Yes, it's pointed out and obvious from extreme groups on the left and right but I'm talking about mainstream society. Mainstream social media. Led by mainstream politics. 

It's becoming the new norm.

This commission just seems to be another example of it.

Unless somebody can show me how it will produce a result that helps unite and to strengthen our country.   Actually that was redundant. By far, the thing that we need the most to strengthen our country is unity. This ain't it. 

Ironically, making Trump ineligible to run again(I would like that very much) would be the biggest gift the dems could give the republicans.

However, having this investigation, in the absence of that is just going to upset his loyal flock more and strengthen his support and their hate for the left....and cause those that hate trump..........to hate him even more.