Grains—Export Sales
1 response | 1 like
Started by stomper - May 20, 2021, 1:34 a.m.

Great technical pictures to analyze. Let’s get started. 

CN dropped thru the 62% but closed 4 days around it. Strong, it seemed to me. CZ stopped right at the 50 DMA and bounced hard up. Held the 62%. I had to take advantage of this so I bought at 5.34. (Still long CN at 6.34 with a resting gtc buy at 6.72).  

WN had a lower BBand penetration so I bought for the reaction, in at 6.82. 

Was itching to pull the trigger on some SN at 15.30 which is below the 9 but above the 20 DMA’s. Decided to not overload my account.

Bean oil reacted to the penetration of the upper BBand and fell to the 9 DMA and held. Okay, stay the course. 

Export sales.
I don’t want to over expose so tonight I took $500 profit from the CZ and closed the WN for another $150. Wheat’s gonna rock, I can feel it in my bones, but not til the weather cooks it.
Bean oil—this sales report is data from last week. What happened in the Mkt last week? New contract high, breaking 70. Ya think maybe some of those in the oil trade knew about upcoming biz that they got long in front of the report? Just wearing my tin foil hat for a bit. (I can see the climactic scene in Trading Places OJ pit...)

One thing I’ve seen absolutely nothing about is China’s grain importing infrastructure. I’d love to see their operation. I cannot comprehend the magnitude of the inbound grains. I spent a few years as a ship’s chandler here in Chicago and saw grains and freight loaded and unloaded. In fact, I serviced the very first Russian ship that came to the US to load soymeal for their home country. 1970’s. Got stories to tell about them, and a recipe for a Moscow borscht that’s an absolute knockout. Anyway, with the huge number of ships going there with NA and SA grains, they must have an incredible transport system in place. Boggles the mind. Mine, at least. 

Just some rambling thoughts from a geezer. 

Trade on!

Comments
By bowyer - May 20, 2021, 8:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Quick question from an amateur . I see you used 9, 20, and 50 day MA. How do you determine which one is significant  to put on a trade ?