When will things be normal again
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - April 1, 2021, 11:03 a.m.

You might know but if not let me be very clear

I want to forget the mask, social distance etc. I want to live a normal life, travel eat in a restaurant and go to the coffee shop with no mask -- nothing

I fear this will last longer than most of us think, including me

I will bet Fauci, the CDC and other fear mongers will have us wearing masks etc for at least a full two more yrs at the very least

When the goal post keeps moving, that is my signal this isn't over any time soon

I wonder what the history books will say 50 yrs from now when they assess our actions

I will bet they will say the science was wrong and if the sick and easily infected with high risk were removed from the community, the rest of the population would have done just fine

But when spring break etc brings a spike in infections maybe I am wrong

I have had my 1st vaccination, will receive a second some time and after the second jab, willing to forget the mask etc.

I should not be a danger to the community if the vaccination propaganda is to be believed

But I bet I will wear a mask for at least two more yrs.

Ontario, Canada goes into full lock down starting this Saturday.  The fear mongers worry about Easter house gatherings, thus we are limited to the number per household among other things that come with a full lock down

Sure happy I got a hair cut this past week. I was looking really bad

Comments
By bear - April 1, 2021, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

at this point, the covid problem is no worse than the flu. 

so, go ahead and get back to normal.  stop wearing your mask.  shake hands. hug your friends. etc.   

there are many places around our small town, where i do not wear a mask.  but if the store owner asks me to put one on, then yes i will wear one.  (that is just being polite to the store owner).  our local town does not enforce anything.  

you can choose to be careful if you have someone in your home that is high risk.  otherwise, don't worry about it.  

By bear - April 1, 2021, 1:02 p.m.
Like Reply

if you are prosecuted, and if i am on the jury, then i will say Not Guilty.  

here in arizona, there is a little know loop hole in the law.  if i think the law is morally wrong,  then i am allowed to decide whatever i want as a juror.  

By metmike - April 1, 2021, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Fauci got busted badly on his and others mask charade a couple of weeks ago.

As we all know, if you are vaccinated, you are protected from COVID and you can't give COVID to other people. 

If you had COVID.......same thing.

This is why people are being told to get vaccinated......it's protects them from COVID.

With that being the case, why in the world do they continue to insist that vaccinated and people that had COVID wear masks?

The population that is like that, almost immune from getting or transmitting COVID is approaching 50%.

When asked this, I though Fauci would say something like "because we can't tell who was vaccinated or not in public"  or "to set a good example, applying a rule that should be uniformly imposed"

Nope. He MADE UP his own science.

He actually said that we need to wear masks(worthless cloth masks, not the N95 ones that actually work) to protect ourselves from the COVID variants that MIGHT be out there.

Wow!

The science shows that wearing a cloth mask does not help protect YOU much and him(Biden and others) continuing to insist that we wear almost worthless cloth masks, well after the risk has plunged, suggests there is a governmental control element involved.

Because it sure ain't authentic science!

Rand Paul obliterates Fauci's junk science"theatre"            

5 responses |               

Started by metmike - March 18, 2021, 1:44 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/66803/

By metmike - April 1, 2021, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63690/#67352

By metmike - April 1, 2021, 1:08 a.m.            

New positive cases have bounced slightly higher the last week+ but are still down 75% from the early January peak(that will hold.............forever!) dropped from 265K/day to 65K/day).

10% of the population has had verified COVID + many more never tested had it! 30%+ have been vaccinated with the 1st shot. 40%+ of the population, many that need it the most now have protection. The graphs have been telling us that we built up enough herd immunity to peak back in early January!

Find this data here: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

By cutworm - April 1, 2021, 10:24 p.m.
Like Reply

There is no more "normal" as you know it. The policies of the Biden administration is changing the US forever. We are past the point of returning to your "normal"

Thomas Sowell: Biden is America's point of no return - YouTube

By metmike - April 2, 2021, 11:32 a.m.
Like Reply

cutworm,

Thank you very much for bringing to MarketForum, one of the most brilliant minds able to utter many thousands of profound statements that display his complete understanding of our world, including why it is like it is and what would need to change for it to go in another direction!!

If only we had somebody like him as president or even had our politicians taking his wise advice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

Thomas Sowell (/sl/; born June 30, 1930) is an American economist, social theorist, and senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution.

Born in North Carolina, Sowell grew up in Harlem, New York. He dropped out of Stuyvesant High School and later served in the Marine Corps during the Korean War. Upon returning to the United States, Sowell enrolled at Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude[1] in 1958. He received a master's degree from Columbia University in 1959, and earned his doctorate in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968.

Sowell has served on the faculties of several universities, including Cornell University and University of California, Los Angeles. He has also worked at think tanks such as the Urban Institute. Since 1980, he has worked at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, where he presently serves as the Rose and Milton Friedman Senior Fellow on Public Policy. Sowell writes from a libertarian conservative perspective. Sowell has written more than thirty books, and his work has been widely anthologized. He is a National Humanities Medal recipient for innovative scholarship which incorporated history, economics and political science. 

Sowell's latest book, Charter Schools and Their Enemies, was published in 2020.