North Korea
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - March 24, 2021, 11:02 p.m.

North Korea launches ballistic missiles into Sea of Japan (msn.com)

This was under control when Trump was president

Comments
Re: North Korea
0 likes
By TimNew - March 25, 2021, 3:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Just add it to the growing list of Biden "success" stories. The length of the list is extremely "impressive" for a mere 3 months.  

By metmike - March 25, 2021, 9:58 a.m.
Like Reply

I’m no Biden fan and his policy’s are a disaster ....at least for the United States they are but cmon guys, we haven’t even seen Biden’s response to the crazy mans testing of this administration.

How soon you forget his history.

As a chess coach, this would be like my opponent, in a major competition, making their first move of the game and his followers announcing CHECK MATE before giving me an opportunity to respond.

By TimNew - March 25, 2021, 2:27 p.m.
Like Reply

So what would you rather discuss?  Oil Prices?  Equities?  Southern Border? Climate Policy? And thats the short list.

It is probably too soon to be passing judgement,  but by all indications,  we're off to a pretty bad start  in pretty short order.

By metmike - March 25, 2021, 4:23 p.m.
Like Reply

"So what would you rather discuss?"

As always Tim ANYTHING you want to discuss, anytime including this topic.

In fact, it would be wonderful to hear more of  everyone's views on how Biden should handle North Korea and anything else related to that in this thread.

By GunterK - March 26, 2021, 12:43 a.m.
Like Reply

For the last few decades, every US president has tried to subdue NK with sanctions. It didn't work!

Trump was the only president who ever had a meeting with their leader. I am quite sure, while Trump was visiting NK, he talked about how great NK could become, if they opened their country, built some golf courses and Trump Hotels. They already have a  brand-new ski resort

Nothing came out of their meeting. However, I am quite sure, Trump made Kim think about this proposal. Had Trump been in power another 4 years, I believe this would have come to fruition.

Pres. Biden cannot meet with any leader, of any foreign country. Because during such a meeting, the other Leader might ask a question.... and what we do know about Biden so far...  he cannot answer any questions, unless they are scripted.

So, how will Biden handle NK?.... probably more useless sanctions

How ill Pres Kamala Harris handle NK?   Nobody knows.

By metmike - March 26, 2021, 1:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Great comments Gunter.

Trump was definitely unconventional and it worked.

He went from taunting and threatening the guy and calling him names to turning him into  a friend.

Clearly managed him better than previous leaders. 

Meeting with him was widely criticized and we were told would backfire.

No backfire just results.

We'll see with Biden. Hopefully, things don't get too out of control and Biden doesn't blame Trump for it.

Biden has already made enemies with Putin and reignited the cold war but who cares about Putin, right?

According to many, Putin needs to be shunned anyway because he doesn't believe in Greta and the climate crisis and the plan that our new Mommy and Daddy, the United Nations, has for us with the Climate Accord being the vehicle to enforce it.