Massive carbon taxes on the way!
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 16, 2021, 3:58 p.m.

I strongly disagree with this but its what the government will be using:

Cost of Carbon Pollution Pegged at $51 a Ton

The Biden Administration raised the benchmark, and may do it again within a year'

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cost-of-carbon-pollution-pegged-at-51-a-ton/

Comments
By metmike - March 16, 2021, 3:59 p.m.
Like Reply

The social costs of carbon cancelation

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/03/15/the-social-costs-of-carbon-cancelation/

$10/ton =      09c/gallon on gasoline   

$10/ton =  $.53/mcf for natural gas    

$10/ton =$21.01/short ton of coal        

$51/ton =       44c/gallon on gasoline                  

$51/ton =  $2.74/mcf for natural gas              

$51/ton =$117.14/short ton of coal

The price tag was set at $22/ton in 2010, raised to $36/ton in 2013, and just as arbitrarily increased to $40, before finishing the Obama era at $51/ton. President Trump disbanded the IWG and had the SCC slashed to less than $10/ton. Within hours of taking office, President Biden resurrected the working group, reinstituted $51/ton as a starting point, and directed federal agencies to devise a definitive SCC by 2022.

This “updated” version will reflect “recent developments in the science and economics” of climate change, including the costs of other greenhouse gases, the White House said. It will also factor in US commitments under the Paris climate treaty, and especially “considerations of environmental justice and intergenerational equity.” Climate “scientists,” economists, “ethics experts” and “diverse stakeholders” will all participate in the process, which many expect will devise a final SCC of $100 or even $200/ton.

The IWG methodology for developing SCC estimates is so infinitely flexible, so devoid of any rigorous standards, that it could produce almost any estimates that Biden and his climate czars feel is needed. Adding “justice” and “equity” to the mix makes it doubly malleable, doubly prone to abuse by an administration and Democrat Party that are obsessed with “manmade climate change” (even Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Defense appointees must be committed to ending the “climate crisis”) and are determined to make America “carbon neutral” by 2050.

Social cost of carbon is intended to advance that agenda and a 981-page “CLEAN Future” bill requiring that electricity generators provide 80% carbon-free energy by 2030 and 100% “clean” power by 2035.

Right now, over 80% of all US and global energy come from fossil fuels – and China, India and other countries are building thousands of new coal-fired power plants, on top of the thousands they already have. So even total cancelation of fossil fuel use and CO2/greenhouse gas emissions by the United States would be imperceptible and irrelevant amid the world’s enormous and increasing levels of both.

Social cost of carbon is a key tactic in a war on reliable, affordable American energy; on jobs, human welfare and human rights; and on US and global lands, wildlife and environmental quality. It will be used to justify raising carbon taxes and prices to at least $160 per ton of CO2 and imposing Covid-on-steroids lockdowns every two years, supposedly to keep average global temperatures from rising more than 1.5 degrees C from pre-industrial/post Little Ice Age levels, which alarmists claim would be catastrophic. 

The SCC enables agencies and their allies to attach any price they wish to every conceivable cost of using fossil fuels: hotter and colder, wetter and drier climate and weather; more frequent and intense hurricanes; reduced agricultural output; forest health and wildfires; floods, droughts and water resources; “forced migration” of people and wildlife;  worsening health and disease; flooded coastal cities; even “reduced student learning and worker productivity,” due to warmer planetary temperatures.

The SCC also lets practitioners completely ignore the obvious and enormous benefits of using fossil fuels, and emitting carbon dioxide – such as enhanced productivity via affordable air conditioning in summer and heating in winter; improved forest, grassland and crop growth (and greening deserts) due to more CO2 in the air; greater home and human survival rates amid extreme weather events; and having the jobs, mobility, living standards, healthcare and longevity of modern industrialized life.

In fact, hydrocarbon and carbon dioxide benefits outweigh costs by 50:1, 400:1 or even 500:1! Will Team Biden and others in the anti-hydrocarbon movement acknowledge any of this?"

By metmike - March 16, 2021, 4:02 p.m.
Like Reply

CO2 is a beneficial gas greening up the planet based on ALL authentic science..........biology, agronomy, zoology, climate science.

Now that they have the power to impose the agenda I've been telling you about for over a decade,  we will all get to see WHY they declared it pollution in politics only and created a fake climate crisis out of a climate optimum.

Watch and learn as they tell you its all to save the planet and it does exactly zero for the planet based on authentic science.

But after they start imposing the agenda, they will start telling you the truth.............there is no climate crisis people!

And they will claim that it was because of the agenda they imposed. Hurray we averted the apocolype/climate crisis because of all the political actions that we took....... and tell us we can't change it or the climate crisis will come back.

That is exactly what they will do with extremely high confidence. 

By cutworm - March 16, 2021, 7:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Don't blame me I voted for Trump!

I'd rather have an arrogant president that is on the right side of the issues than what we have now.

By 7475 - March 16, 2021, 8:46 p.m.
Like Reply

AMEN my brothers!

By metmike - March 17, 2021, 2:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Cutworm,

I would be defending and supporting trump if his ownly problem was being arrogant......which I did some of the time....like during the entire 2.5 year mueller witch hunt or him being unfairly blamed for the border crisis, or the COVID pandemic but he totally obliterated all of his credibility for me with his diabolical behavior after the election.

He also was the reason the dems united to support one of the weakest candidates in history.

Tens of millions were voting against Trump not for Biden.