Quote of the Day
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Jan. 19, 2021, 11:57 a.m.

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't know you're picking his pocket.  Hell, if you give him someone to look down on he'll empty his pockets for you."

-  Lyndon B. Johnson

Comments
By TimNew - Jan. 19, 2021, 12:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes.  Dems have a rich history of this sort of thing. Whats amazing is how they've convinced their loyal followers that it's the opposition who are racist..  

By GunterK - Jan. 19, 2021, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Joj, thanks for this quote. It made me think.

Johnson was a man from a different era. Today, we are struggling with much more complex ideas.

A NYU professor just recently coined the term “multiracial whiteness”. She tried to explain why so many black and latino voters supported Trump “Multiracial whiteness' separates them from their own race””, she says. 

She went on to claim that being white is no longer someone's racial identity but is also a 'political color' which can lead to 'a discriminatory worldview in which feelings of freedom and belonging are produced through the persecution and dehumanization of others.'

In other words, the many black and latino voters who supported Trump, are actually “white supremacists”.

I think, I have to go back to college for some refresher courses.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9163347/NYU-professor-slammed-Wash-Po-op-ed-claiming-multiracial-whiteness.html

By TimNew - Jan. 19, 2021, 2:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Gosh Gunter.  It sure take a lot of work to be a liberal.  Those mental gymnastics would paralize most people.

By mcfarm - Jan. 19, 2021, 3:39 p.m.
Like Reply

LBJ said and did many worse things than this quote and then he was so chastened he became the leader of the dem party and showed them all a thing or two about how dems use people for power.

By TimNew - Jan. 20, 2021, 4:07 a.m.
Like Reply

LBJ and Saul Alinsky are pretty much the fathers of the modern dem party.   I'm sure they are looking up, smiling with pride.

By metmike - Jan. 26, 2021, 2:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Other great quotes of the day:

Quote of the day November/December 2020+Jan 2021            

41 responses |             

Started by metmike - Nov. 4, 2020, 8:27 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60823/

By metmike - Jan. 29, 2021, 1:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Action without vision is often wasted, and vision without action is just a dream. Action with vision is what brings hope to the world.unknown author. The Rotarian

By TimNew - Jan. 29, 2021, 2:08 a.m.
Like Reply

Great quote.     I hear people say things like "I had that idea long before anyone else. I should be a bajillionaire"...  Ideas are great,  don't get me wrong.  They are the starting point of everything.   But making an idea a reality is where the rubber meets the road.  Lot's of effort between the idea and the finished product on the store shelf.

I've always felt there were two main driving forces in business.  The visionaries and the implementers.  The visionaire comes up with the idea, gives the implementer high level direction and the implementer then brings the product to the shelf.  This is an over simplification as there is a hierachy of implementers with each level driving/directing the next.

Anyway,  some times,  you get someone who is both a visionaire and implemeter.   These people have names like Henry Ford,  Bill Gates,  Steve Jobs,  etc.  

By joj - Jan. 29, 2021, 8:30 a.m.
Like Reply

"We are commanded to love our neighbor only once in the Torah, yet we are commanded by the Torah 36 times to love and protect a stranger - something utterly more difficult.  In the challenge of building such distant relationships, we can find opportunities for change and growth."

-   Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz

By TimNew - Jan. 29, 2021, 8:56 a.m.
Like Reply

I like that.  But I've always been a fan of the Jewish Philosophy (what little I know) and Jewish Scholars, the few I've known.  

By metmike - Jan. 29, 2021, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for another wonderful quote joj!

And wonderful comment Tim!

Torah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah

What is the difference between the Torah and the Old Testament?

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Torah-and-the-Old-Testament