Incitement Requires Intent and State of Mind
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Jan. 15, 2021, 3:54 p.m.

One Republican senator who says he’s been in touch with senior White House aides about the matter claims the president was “delighted.”

“I don’t have any idea what was in his heart about what he wanted to happen once they were in the Capitol, but he wanted there to be chaos,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) said, during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh HewittFriday morning.

“And I’m sure you’ve also had conversations with other senior White House officials, as I have,” Sasse continued. “As this was unfolding on television, Donald Trump was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as you had rioters pushing against Capitol Police trying to get into the building.”

joj:  This is why Republican Ben Sasse is open to conviction of Trump.

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 15, 2021, 7:05 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/politics/schumer-roberts-threats-supreme-court/index.html so you are saying Schummer never had any intent? And are you really trying to compare what Trump said to these comments? Man the left can rationalize more than all the crazies in Iran put together

By joj - Jan. 15, 2021, 7:46 p.m.
Like Reply

"I should not have used the words I used," he said. "They didn't come out the way I intended," he explained, and added "my point was that there would be political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices stripped away at a woman's right to choose."

He was referring to the ballot box, which indeed did swing the Senate and the White House to the Democrats.  And one other thing.  I missed the domestic terror that resulted from Schumer's words.  Because there was none.

But way to ignore the subject matter of my post.  Trump's state of mind.  What's it like being in a personality cult?  Anyone who disagrees with Trump is either deep state or enemy of the people.  

Incitement resulting in violence is an impeachable offense in my opinion.

By mcfarm - Jan. 15, 2021, 7:52 p.m.
Like Reply

sure esp the part where he repeats PEACEFULLY....must of missed shcummer, harris and biden when they urged peacefully for the last 9 months, don't seem to remember that as they dumped on our policemen and bailed out of jail the burners, killers, rapers and looters. Of course that blm and antifa so we were not supposed to notice the fires.

By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2021, 6:40 a.m.
Like Reply

I am always amazed at the leeway the left gives to their own.  "I said these words,  but what I really meant...'   And the left says "Of course sir,  we understand,  you are under a lot of pressure".

But for anyone on the right?   "I heard what he said,  but I know what the BASTARD actually meant..."

And of course, 2nd, 3rd hand opinion is damning evidence for Trump or others on the right while first hand in person is "Open for interpretation" for leftists.

It's amusing as hell,  except that it affects elections

By joj - Jan. 16, 2021, 4:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Ben Sasse has pretty solid conservative credentials.  But I guess since he's not part of the Trump personality cult, his views don't count.

By TimNew - Jan. 16, 2021, 7:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Maybe Ben Sasse believes what he hears.  Maybe he's even right.  I dunno.   Fact remains,  your "criteria" for credible evidence is incredibly maleable based on whther the ecidence is against a "D" or an "R" as evidenced in this and most threads.