Trump is Losing His Mind
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Dec. 21, 2020, 7:36 p.m.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/trump-losing-his-mind/617446/?fbclid=IwAR3dAeyo1P7_3UaXcO1k1dTGVgN5Zd_wtPCmgvDdHyILPsqZmx2HVM55pZI

Entertaining Flynn's suggestions of Martial law being imposed.  His inner circle grows ever smaller as even his most ardent supporters (Mark meadows) put the kabash on that one. 

30 more days as this unhinged man contemplates what rails he will smash through.

I wish it was only his fleecing his throngs for 200 million dollars which is mostly going to the Trump's shell company and NOT to his campaign/legal fund.

30 days is a long time...Holding my breath...

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 21, 2020, 9:15 p.m.
Like Reply

I heard the same things on CNN too today.

Trump is supposedly like an injured animal and extremely dangerous. No telling what unpredictable things that he will do now and he will try to maximize the damage to as many people and our country that he can going out in the next 30 days.

This is always when/where  the Trump haters wreck a perfect situation for them to look credible and just report facts on loose cannon Trump self imploding. 

They already have the kill but they are not satisfied, so they have to exaggerate and turn Trump(for the umpteenth time) into somebody having a complete mental breakdown that has lost all  touch with reality and is on a mission to burn down the house and doesn't care about anybody.

The truth is that he is greatly embarrassing himself because he won't accept the results of an election that he completely believed was based on fraud.

For the Trump haters, let him do it, enjoy the show.  I for one will not miss him when he's gone because of this kind of behavior but everybody should also remember what happened with  Clinton.

She acted with much more grace, ok wrong word because though she conceded initially, afterwards, she told us why Russia and Trump stole the election and there were stories of computer hacking and all sorts of things..........just not even in the same league and Trump and company. 

However, the biggest punishment to her by several orders of magnitude was having her legacy as first woman president of the greatest country of the world taken away from her suddenly in a few short hours that Tuesday Night.

Life in prison, even the death penalty would not have been a tougher sentence.

And so Trump is suffering from a similar devastating loss in many ways. The penalty, for those that wish he would be getting much worse than this..............could never be anywhere close to the penalty he is suffering right now.

Being defeated last month is more of a penalty than anything else that you think he deserves or that you could ever imagine..........by a very wide margin.

Maybe it makes the other side feel better to kick him as hard as possible for as long as possible but its happening and I am not suggesting it not be posted here. In fact, I would appreciate joj posting more of it because its the real world. 

A world that is underrepresented here, so more power to you joj!

It will be quite interesting as we go along in 2021, what the top news stories are for the left.

We know that the right here will be upset with Joe Biden for breathing their oxygen(-:

But I will focus my reporting on a different gas, CO2 and Joe BIden (-:

By TimNew - Dec. 22, 2020, 4:45 a.m.
Like Reply

As I See assorted "Fluff" pieces written about the Bidens,  I try to recall a single article that even slightly resembled such coverage  of the Trumps.   Perhaps I have selective memory,  but to say they were rare would be an overstatement.

Biggest, most controversial news I've seen so far is how sexist it is to question Jill Biden's use of "Dr",  in her name.

Fact is,  the consensus I've seen is that most think it's a bit pretentious to present yourself as a doctor when your degree is in education.  Back when I was in college,  the Pschologists I had as professors introduced themselves as Doctor "so n so" in the classroom, official settings,   but never in a social setting.  IMO, a Clinical Psychologist comes much closer to the definition of Doctor than someone with a degree in Education.

But either way,   it's not a story deserving of the coverage.  Get ready for 4 years of it. 

By 7475 - Dec. 22, 2020, 9:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi Tim

Here's a thought.

Is this Jill Biden Dr. thing another of our generation's bias'?

I dare say most of us grew-up with the image of a "Dr." as one of those people who helped sick people and wore a white lab coat. Would that notion also qualify as being racist and prejudiced these days?

Now I haven't inquired but is our own metmike a Dr of meteorology or something close to that-sure seems a likelihood given his weather related and climate related research and postings.

If not, could the Forum bestow an honorary degree to him---or would that be some sort of conflict of interests? 

Cant have conflict of interests these days, now can we?

Just sayin'

John

By mcfarm - Dec. 22, 2020, 9:22 a.m.
Like Reply

good point John...from now on it will be DR MM...just as a little jab to the libs if nothing else

By TimNew - Dec. 22, 2020, 10:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Is this Jill Biden Dr. thing another of our generation's bias'?

Dunno John,   but I think if you asked 1,000 people of their impression of what a doctor is, at least 999 of them would use your "lab coat" description. And that, IMO, includes every generation.

Which is why using the label "Doctor", when your Phd is in education is considered pretentious.  If you want proof of how the majority of people think about it,  have a republican with a Phd label hiself as "Doctor" and watch them come out of the woodwork.

What makes it entertaining is that it would be the same people who defended Jill Biden,  even after they defended her.  A day later, a week later,  it wouldn't matter.  And they would not even see the hypocrisy.  They never do  :-)

By joj - Dec. 22, 2020, 10:56 a.m.
Like Reply

I couldn't give 2 hoots about the Dr. Jill Biden story.

But I'd bet a hefty sum that you all didn't object to "Dr" Henry Kissinger walking about without a lab coat.  And I'd double those winnings that there wasn't even a story about it.

You are like fish that think the universe only has water.

By TimNew - Dec. 22, 2020, 2:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Going back 40 or 50 years,  I guess you're right.  I didn't think much of Kissinger touting the Dr title.  Get back to me when Dr Jill comes close to his accomplishments.   

You may not care about the Dr Jill story,  but the leftist media is all over it.  Shall I present the results of a google search?

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2020, 2:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Appreciate the nice comments from Dr. Tim, Dr. mcfarm, Dr. John and Dr. joj (-:

What is a Doctorate Degree?

https://www.geteducated.com/career-center/detail/what-is-a-doctorate-degree/

A doctorate degree is the highest level of academic degree in most fields. For research or university teaching, the degree is usually a PhD, while applied professional doctorates include the Doctor of Medicine (MD), the Doctor of Education (EdD), and the Juris Doctor (JD), among others. But, you can earn a doctorate in almost any subject area. For example, most states require licensed psychologists to hold a doctorate degree in psychology.

Typically a doctorate degree takes four years to complete, post-bachelor’s degree. If you already hold a master’s degree, you may be able to complete a doctorate in the same subject area with only three years of additional full-time study.

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2020, 3:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Funny related story.

In the 1980's, for most of the time, I was the only REAL meteorologist on tv in this city. 

I have a 4 year degree in Atmospheric and Oceanic Science from the University of Michigan's engineering department. This qualified me as being a degreed meteorologist, which at that point, was how the term was applied......you had to have a 4 year degree in it(with tons of chemistry, physics and math) to use that term to describe a person doing weather on tv or elsewhere. 

If I had taken a position in the field of oceanography, I would have immediately be called an oceanographer because of the same degree (the atmosphere is a fluid that follows the same physical laws as the oceans and they both work together to cause weather).

If I had gotten a job as a climatologist, I would have been called a climate scientist. Many of these people have phd's but not all of them.

I have studied climate science for 20 years, self learning vs institutional and often refer to myself as an atmospheric scientist when discussing climate...............but am a meteorologist when discussing weather.

Ok, the story finally......I should be called a wind bagologist for my lengthy posts (-:

In the 1980's, I was the only person that DESERVED to be called an authentic meteorologist in the town based on the standards at the time in the tv industry. It wasn't just me, it was stated clearly by the AMS and other authorities that issued the TV broadcasting seals of approval.

So the competition started calling their guy a meteorologist after a couple of years, to offset our station having the only meteorologist. There guy, started doing weekend weather in dinky town because they had no openings in news and so he took the job with no clue about weather but was a very gifted and witty communicator..........which goes a very long way in doing well on tv........because he just wanted to be in a field where he could apply his gift at communicating.

I heard from a mutual friend that he had taken a mail order class and maybe read a couple of books and those were his qualifications, as well as being on tv doing weather for a couple of years(you do learn a ton of things on the job for sure-so that was his real training)

I was pretty unhappy that they were stealing the luster of my credentials by bestowing the same title on their unqualified guy. And I watched him dozens of times. No way on this planet did the guy deserve to even be called junior meteorologist. He was gifted in speaking but to impress the public that had no clue about the weather, he would make tons of stuff up that sounded real complicated to explain weather situations that were completely wrong. I remember one time, we were having a warm spell in the Winter with southerly winds and he claimed it was from Chinook winds coming from the Rocky Mountains well over 1,000 miles to our west..........seriously.

Our station taped their news, because it was the competition and we wanted to monitor them, so I could watch his shows later, that came on the same time as me.

We had a huge message board in the news room at that time to post important stuff. I decided to make an almost daily review of this guy's made up or wrong weather stuff and posted it on the board. 

I called it ______'s Lies. 

So when they started calling him Meteorologist ____   _______ on the air, it was upsetting to me.

And I would tell my wife when I came home all the time "nobody even realizes that he's making this stuff up except for me and the guys from the local NWS watching!!!"

Our station, finally did a promo of me, defining what a meteorologist was, using the American Meteorological Societies definition and told people that I was the only one in that category in this area.

Of course there was no law enforcing body/entity that reviewed tv news broadcasting which forced each station to abide by strict guidelines, including what you called your weatherman. Maybe it was sort of a code of self imposed ethics. However, with each station falling over the other one to out promote the other using embellishment, exaggeration and sometimes very distorted versions of reality..........there were NO rules.

For instance, we had a tornado outbreak here on a Saturday PM, in June 1990. The other guy was telling people on that Friday that it would be a nice day with no threat of severe weather. I had been telling people during every show since Wednesday, that we were in a high risk for a tornado outbreak.

I didn't work weekends, but went to the station in the morning that Saturday and started running a crawl on the bottom of the screen, hours before the first watch was issued, telling people to stay close to their tv's at home or radios if outside to listen for the latest weather updates(the station used to let me come in on weekends to run weather crawls at the bottom of peoples screens on snowstorms or other bad weather and it was big fun for me- I loved it because this was before the internet and the tv station was the only place I would get the weather maps).

That was the difference between a meteorologist and their guy. 

So I didn't care about publicity or being recognized for warning all of our viewers, I was mainly happy that my forecast verified exactly( not wanting people to get hurt of course but not wanting to be the boy that cried wolf and have nothing happen either)

So the other station, that completely missed it, took control of a narrative that their guy had saved countless lives. They went to houses of people that were their viewers that got obliterated that day and of course, they were watching their stations guy giving the NWS warnings that day..............and they did numerous promos, featuring these people, their houses and their guy in action saving lives that day because he passed on the NWS tornado warning right after it got issued, just before the tornado hit..................though  that station, until a couple of hours prior to that had been telling all their viewers that the weather would be nice that day.

I think they even got the mayor to present their station with an award for saving lives with their dopplar radar. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_1990_Lower_Ohio_Valley_tornado_outbreak

By joj - Dec. 22, 2020, 7:16 p.m.
Like Reply

From now on please do not call me Dr. joj.  Refer to me as "The Maestro".  ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHp-fcd9He8

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2020, 7:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Hilarious joj,

We already had a Dr. J anyways (-:

Good video for a maestro of music to listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiXDhvAO7s0

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2020, 7:55 p.m.
Like Reply

On other end of the scale, 3 of my favorite, funniest doctors(-:

Three stooges Dr Howard Dr Fine Dr Howard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53KcqITIPlA

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2020, 7:57 p.m.
Like Reply

More great 3 stooge stuff:

Dizzy Doctors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7rqa0MHKvM

By metmike - Dec. 22, 2020, 8:02 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Dec. 25, 2020, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump is really losing his mind(-:

First, he came out for giving Americans $2,000 of COVID relief.............and now this:

Trump and Melania Wish Americans Merry Christmas in Video Message

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-and-melania-wish-americans-merry-christmas-in-video-message_3632118.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2020-12-25

I'm not sure how much longer America and the Constitution can hold us together. We need Biden to come to the rescue to save the country and planet with the Green New Deal and Climate Accord ASAP(-:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62460/

By TimNew - Dec. 25, 2020, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes,  he's done so many terrible things like this to/for this country over the last 4 years.  January 21st can't get here soon enough.