Trump Could Have Won...
20 responses | 0 likes
Started by 7475 - Nov. 19, 2020, 9:58 p.m.

Trump got close,real close, to 50% of the popular vote.

If he had ANY other personality he would have picked up 10-20% maybe 30% more votes and it would have been a landslide.

Ya why?------Wait for it

Because his administration and policies were GREAT for America!!

But the liberal HATE mindset blinded those voters. Talk about bias and un-inclusiveness.

John

Comments
By TimNew - Nov. 20, 2020, 2:17 a.m.
Like Reply

If you look at what he's done, and ignore most of what he says,  his list of accomplishments are long and distinguished. 

With anyhting close to a balanced, unbiased media,  he would have won.

Had Pfizer, who donated about 250k to Biden, denied and then later admitted they were part of warp speed, made their announcement a week earlier,  he might have won. 

As I've said, the US lost that election and sadly, somewhere around half of the country vehemently, rabidly violently disagrees with me.

By mcfarm - Nov. 20, 2020, 7:02 a.m.
Like Reply

get a tape of Jason whitlock's "Hate v Love" segment...he is genius at explaining what happened and why

By metmike - Nov. 20, 2020, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Unfortunately, presidential elections are popularity contests to some extent.

People like Obama, Clinton, Reagan and Kennedy were gifted with charisma and likeability.

But they also go beyond that and judge based on character.........sometimes.

In Reagan vs Carter, nobody could question that there may never have been a president with more character and honesty than Carter. 

His agenda/short comings and failures were crushed by the charismatic Reagan.  My dad, a democrat at the time(me too) insisted that Reagan was just an actor playing his greatest role ever as the president of the United States.

I still consider Carter to be my favorite president because of his integrity. That was my priority then, ironically at a time when personally, back then  I did not act with the integrity that I do today and somehow, today, I overlooked the short comings of the president with the biggest character flaws in history by a wide margin.....because of his agenda.

Part of this is eliminating the emotion hate from my being. 40 years ago, I would have hated Donald Trump. 

Like John said, hate for him, especially by his enemies in high places with the ability to control narratives and MSM news coverage is what cost Trump the election. 

But he has nobody but himself to blame. This is not "nice guys finish last" stuff.

The mean bully that embellished constantly and got caught in hundreds of lies, while attacking his enemies to the point of giving them a reason to hate him  intensely and vow to obliterate him if its the last thing that they do.

Even his own party. Look what he did to McCain. I was never a John McCain fan because of his position on the Middle East for one thing but McCain seemed to be loaded with integrity and honor.

McCain ran for re election, in AZ, stating that he would over turn Obama Care.

When it came time to vote over this issue, McCain had the deciding vote. No brainer in any other situation. McCain would be true to his promise and vote to repeal Obamacare.

But because it was Trump trying to repeal Obamacare, McCain, the man with great integrity,  hated Trump so much that he wanted to hurt Trump more than he wanted to do what he promised his constituents.

He betrayed his constituents and voted to keep Obamacare to get revenge on Trump for the nasty things that Trump said about him.......claiming, absurdly that the bill did not go far enough in actions to get rid of Obamacare.

So we should keep Obamacare  because the fix only partially fixed it???

That would be like a farmer that can irrigate during a drought, when his crop needed 2 inches of rain but his irrigation system could only deliver 1 inch,  stating "1 inch of water is not enough..........so it's best to give my crop no water"

The point of that story is to illustrate how Donald Trump brought out the worst in his enemies and he created a whole lot of new enemies during the past 4 years by acting the way that he did.

Some of us (that don't hate people) and can overlook flaws like that still supported him because we focused on the positives for the US. 

But you can't expect everybody to be that way. People are not perfect and a guy like Trump, that brings out the worst in others is going to end up like he just did.

By TimNew - Nov. 21, 2020, 4:57 a.m.
Like Reply

No one but himseld to blame?

What if the press had actually reported his accomplishments?  There were many, and most people, even with an irrational hatred would have had to admit they were good things.  Can you recall Trump getting much, if any, decent press?   And how often did they twist his words into something unrecognizable?

Meanwhile, they treated Biden with kid gloves. "Mr Biden,  would you consider your self an American Hero or a Hero to the Whole World?". Completely covering up any potential for scandal.  They buried Trump for a hell of a lot less than what was on Hunter's laptop. 

Assuming votes were actually counted correctly,   the victory was razor thin.  Do you suppose honest reporting may have made a difference?

By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2020, 7:44 a.m.
Like Reply

and do not forget now just AFTER THE ELECTION we have not 1 not 2 but 3 companies announce vaccines. Tell me that news alone would not of changed votes.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2020, 1:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Genesis 31 – He Who Lives by the Sword Dies by the Sword

https://lifebearingwilderness.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/genesis-31-he-who-lives-by-the-sword-dies-by-the-sword/

"Or to put it more simply: what goes around comes around. Live a peaceful life towards others and they will generally be peaceful to you."

Donald Trump Delivers Commencement Address At U.S. Coast Guard Academy : News Photo

By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2020, 2:07 p.m.
Like Reply

so MM gets a new job at a local TV station. Immediately some people opposed to his hiring start on a campaign to impugn his character, calling him racists, homophobe, start surveillance of him and his family, threaten his family, dig into his tax records, have the deep state raid his friends home with armed weapons, night vision and drag his friend from his home who is 80 years old with a sick wife inside, all the while having cnn film it and show it over and over. Then after gathering no legitimate data what so ever they get MM fired, his wife fired from her job, the kids scared and bullied. And yet had MM decided to roll over and allow all this all would of been grand, Only if MM had   fought back to defend his family, friends and country is what caused all the trouble. Shame on MM he should of known better. Just shut up and obey. And if anybody ever thinks they will fight the "system" again they will be destroyed just like old MM because he tried to buck the system and was put down like a common Nazi that he was accused of being. And then years later someone will callously come around saying something like "live by the sword, die by the sword"

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2020, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

Everything happens for reasons. We can control some of it. We can't control some of it.

You are dwelling on only the elements that President Trump could not control and blaming that entirely.

I am recognizing all of that and agree with you about all of your points.

However, there is another element........... that President could/can control what he said/says and how he says it. This was important enough to make a difference in the end. 

You don't have to acknowledge that. Suit yourself. 

It's an irrefutable law that determines much of how people perceive you and what kind of relationship you have with others.

It's the difference between using insults and unkind nicknames vs treating others that you disagree with respectfully or even just avoiding the name calling and attacks. 

You defend his name calling and attacking as justified. We will NEVER agree on that one but look who just lost the election because of it. 

If Americans liked  name calling and attacking others, bullying and being mean then Trump would have won by a landslide!

By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2020, 4:13 p.m.
Like Reply

actually do not recall ever defending his name calling....ever...where did you get that false accusation? I am defending his right about fighting the deep state, the swamp of DC and this culture of cheating that is pervasive in our country 

By joj - Nov. 21, 2020, 4:51 p.m.
Like Reply

It bears repeating.  The presidency usually gets hit with "incoming" once in a term.  Maybe sometimes not at all.  Trumps moment came when the pandemic hit.  All he had to do was be honest with the American people about the challenge ahead.  The virus was NOT his fault, but his response was woefully lacking leadership.  

Instead of lying and giving false hope he could have rallied the country to pull together.  It is hard for me to guess what goes on in Trump's mind.  It seems like he thought he could avoid a market selloff by lying about the danger.  He sent out Kudlow and Manuchin to "talk the market up".  

Bush at the 9-11 ruins:  "I can hear you!  The people responsible for this will hear all of you!"   FDR facing an economy in ruins:  "We have nothing to fear but fear itself", or Churchill's  "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat".   

We had a common enemy (the virus).  It was a moment for leadership.  He failed.  All he had to do was tell the truth and unite the country.  He would never have gotten my vote but would have won in a landslide.  A REAL landslide.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2020, 5:32 p.m.
Like Reply

"actually do not recall ever defending his name calling....ever"

Great, then it sounds like we actually agree on most of it.

On Trump's name calling, some of his nicknames are hilarious and most of them pretty creative. My favorite is "Pocahontas" for Elizabeth Warren. 

However, on many occasions, he uses unkind nicknames to attach a catchy sounding, memorable negative stigma to an enemy.

Great for other people who also don't like the person that Trump is stamping a negative label on with his nickname but it offends people who like the person he is doing it to  and creating new enemies every time. 

This is not expanding your support base much, its expanding your enemy base, regardless of your agenda. This is human nature. 

Attack somebody that I like and I'm less inclined to like you. 

We can see this in more than just theory but in reality in 2020.

His attacking John McCain, with certainty, cost him the state of AZ in the presidential election. 

That's where this expression comes in:

“Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.”

— H. Jackson Brown Jr.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2020, 5:44 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

Right.

All he had to do was tell us to wear masks and not be so optimistic and.............The MSM would have all applauded him and told us what a great job he was doing and stopped attacking him.

You noted in another post that Biden can't impose a national lock down because all those types of decisions are made by the states.

And that's exactly what I've been saying about Trump and his control over decisions like that. He has almost none. The Constitution gives each state the power to impose all of its own COVID rules the way they seem fit. 

If Trump could have done something to change that, he would have. He was powerless and recognized that.

The main blame for COVID in any one state, if you want to blame policy and actions is entirely with the governor and ruling local bodies.

We are in red neck county IN but masks have been mandatory since mid July here because the local government made it mandatory.

Where they can get away with it, many people don't wear masks but any business or indoor event, they've had people at the door requiring a mask since early Summer. 

There is no realm on anything that the MSM would have been complimenting Trump on in 2020. None, outside of an isolated positive, then back to attacking him relentlessly.

If there had never been any COVID, they would have found many other things.

COVID made it especially easy because its been so deadly. 

However, I will completely agree with you on his rallies, many with people not wearing masks spreading COVID and being, as I stated before..........the dumbest thing a president has ever done.

But the other side, at the same time was encouraging millions of people to protest, some not wearing masks and none of them exercising social distancing.

Without a shadow of a doubt, more COVID was spread from the protesting than from Trump rallies......just from a common sense/science vantage point(that can't be proven)

But the same people condemning Trump for spreading COVID and not giving good advise.............while giving the worst advice of all.

They said: Get out and protest to exercise your freedom of speech and express your outrage and support civil rights(never mind you are spreading and catching COVID in the middle of a pandemic)

Covering up massive COVID being spread from protests-8/8 update below                                        29 responses |          

Started by metmike - July 30, 2020, 7:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57070/

Double standard of liberals between COVID and riots            

26 responses |  

Started by WxFollower - June 2, 2020, 1:56 p.m.      

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53203/

Town hall with Joe Biden on CNN            

13 responses |     

Started by metmike - Sept. 17, 2020, 7:07 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/59244/

By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2020, 6:24 p.m.
Like Reply

I will disagree on the McCain thing. As Mc Cain aged and he became more engrossed in the dc swamp more and more people figured him out. His duplicitous actions with the Stelle dossier right up to his shallow political stunt of voting for Obama care left his image in tatters to many Americans. He became a tired old man with health problems  bent on  betrayal because of political spats he lost. Another rino that hurt conservatives badly.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2020, 7:34 p.m.
Like Reply

"I will disagree on the McCain thing."

The people of Arizona strongly disagreed with you mcfarm.

Only the 2nd time since 1948 that they cast more votes for the democrat than the republican.

Arizona presidential voting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elections_in_Arizona

Actions speak louder than words but in this case, their actions were the direct response to Trumps words aimed at McCain. He offended and lost many more times the republicans that he would have needed to win in AZ.

Regardless of the MSM intentionally making it much worse, his trashing of McCain cannot be defended and he got what he deserved for it in AZ. 

You must know this already but McCain was seen as a war hero and martyr who fought for the US cause and sacrificed a great deal for it, including almost getting killed then years in a concentration camp, sometimes being tortured.

Only Trump would find a reason to attack this.

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

He takes his feud with the Arizona senator to a new level.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

But this is just one of the more blatant examples of his treatment of other people resulting in the accumulation of enemies vs increasing his friends./allies for no good reason other than because this is who he is. 

I get his good points..........being assertive and fighting the swamp and deep state and making tough choices based on the right thing to do for the American people much of the time. 

But when you burn bridges with real people as a habit and sometimes over things that don't matter.....with real people and that are counterproductive (to progress for your agenda) because you want/need their assistance/support, you get held accountable in the game of life. 

It's not rocket science. It's human nature.

By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2020, 11:12 p.m.
Like Reply

do not recall. was the trump statement before or after we found out mc Cain was assisting in fake dossier?  

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2020, 11:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Well before that.

Here's the date of the article:  07/18/2015 12:22 PM EDT

The feud, apparently had started long before that.

What's driving Donald Trump's feud with John McCain? War record, Obamacare among the themes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/21/how-did-donald-trump-john-mccain-feud-begin-obsession/3228906002/

The first part of their feud is below:

"Jan. 11, 2000: Trump, considering a run for president, criticized McCain's war service as he sized up other potential candidates in an interview on CBS. “He was captured,” Trump said, in remarks he would echo years later. “Does being captured make you a hero? I don’t know. I’m not sure.”

June 30, 2015: McCain tried to distance himself from Trump soon after the real estate magnate entered the 2016 presidential race by suggesting immigrants were “rapists” and drug smugglers. "I just disagree with his comments about the, quote, Mexicans," the senator told The Arizona Republic in 2015.

July 11, 2015:Trump hammered McCain during a campaign rally in the senator’s home state, saying he was “weak” on immigration. "We have incompetent politicians, not only the president," Trump said. "I mean, right here, in your own state, you have John McCain." The audience booed at the mention of McCain's name.

July 16, 2015: McCain responded to Trump in a piece in The New Yorker. The senator said Trump “fired up the crazies” and Trump responded by calling McCain a "dummy."

July 18, 2015: Most Americans caught their first glimpse of the feud when Trump, speaking in Iowa, questioned whether McCain was “a war hero because he was captured" in the Vietnam War. Trump, who did not serve in the war, said he liked “people that weren’t captured.” Many political prognosticators predicted the remarks would bring about the undoing of Trump’s campaign. "

By metmike - Nov. 22, 2020, 1:48 a.m.
Like Reply

According to CNN tonight, the entire world was looking to President Trump to lead them out of this pandemic and he failed them miserably.

According to CNN, most of the leaders of other country’s,  with regards to Trump being defeated, have the mentality of “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”.....their exact words.

One thing I will not miss when trump is gone is CNN’s constant, bias and unprofessional reporting and display of hatred towards him via yellow journalism.

By mcfarm - Nov. 22, 2020, 2:25 p.m.
Like Reply

"yellow journalism" would be a compliment for some dark place like cnn

By metmike - Nov. 23, 2020, 1:22 a.m.
Like Reply

As Biden marches forward with Cabinet, Trump hopes likely to fade in key states

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election/as-biden-marches-forward-with-cabinet-trump-hopes-likely-to-fade-in-key-states-idUSKBN2830EB

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s increasingly tenuous efforts to reverse his election loss to President-elect Joe Biden could be dealt a lethal blow on Monday, as Biden turns to the task of building his cabinet.

Michigan is set to certify its results Monday, and Pennsylvania is likely to move a step closer to doing so.

Trump, a Republican, lost both battleground states in the Nov. 3 election, but he has refused to concede defeat and has, instead, launched a legal battle to overturn the results there and in other close races across the country.

Trump’s hopes of preventing the Democrat Biden from taking office on Jan. 20 likely will be doomed if Michigan and Pennsylvania certify their results, confirming Biden as the winner of a combined 36 electoral votes. Biden won 306 electoral votes, 36 over the 270 threshold needed to win the White House.

It remains unclear whether the process in Michigan will work as state law dictates. Michigan’s canvassing board, which is evenly split between two Democrats and two Republicans, will meet on Monday to decide whether to certify the results.

Biden defeated Trump in Michigan by more than 150,000 votes, and the board is required by law to validate the count.

But a Republican member of the board, Norman Shinkle, has suggested in recent media interviews that he favors delaying certification because of technical irregularities. Officials in one county noted irregularities that may have affected a few hundred votes, and the Trump campaign has suggested that points to widespread fraud.

A deadlock on moving ahead with certification would likely force the matter into state appeals courts, where an order would be sought to compel the board to perform its function. If the members refused, Governor Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, has the authority to replace them.

Monday is also the deadline in Pennsylvania for counties to report their certified tallies to Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar, a Democrat. Boockvar likely would then certify the results on behalf of the state in a matter of days. Biden won Pennsylvania by more than 80,000 votes.

Trump’s push to delay certification in several states has met with failure, most recently on Saturday, when a federal judge in Pennsylvania dismissed a Trump campaign lawsuit, saying it was not in the court’s power to violate the Constitution.

BIDEN CABINET

Biden, working in his home state of Delaware, has pushed ahead with his transition plans despite the lack of cooperation from the current administration. Ron Klain, the incoming White House chief of state, said on Sunday that Biden will announce his first Cabinet picks on Tuesday.

Joe Biden will pick Antony Blinken as U.S. secretary of state, a person close to the president-elect’s transition said on Sunday, elevating one of his most seasoned and trusted aides as he prepares to undo Trump’s “America First” foreign policy.

Blinken’s appointment makes another longtime Biden aide with a foreign policy background, Jake Sullivan, the top candidate to be U.S. national security adviser.

The President-elect has chosen another veteran diplomat, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who held a top diplomatic post in the administration of former President Barack Obama, as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, media reports said on Sunday.

Biden said last week he had chosen a Treasury secretary, and would announce the winner near Thanksgiving, Nov. 26. Former Federal Reserve chief Janet Yellen is said to be the top candidate.

Meanwhile, Trump’s focus remains on his quixotic quest to overturn the election.

Trump’s push to delay certification in several states has met with failure, most recently on Saturday, when a federal judge in Pennsylvania dismissed a Trump campaign lawsuit, saying it was not in the court’s power to violate the Constitution.

Ahead of Monday’s vote by Michigan’s canvassing board, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, a Trump ally, and Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Laura Cox wrote a letter urging the board to conduct an audit before certification.

Trump’s campaign has also filed a petition for another recount in Georgia, which on Friday certified results showing Biden had narrowly won that state, a longtime Republican bastion in presidential elections.

While most Republicans continue to either publicly back Trump’s efforts or remain silent, a steadily growing chorus is imploring him to concede the election and assist with the transition to Biden’s administration.

Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski tweeted on Sunday that “it is time to begin the full and formal transition process,” noting the courts had so far found Trump’s legal claims without merit and that the pressure campaign on state legislators “is not only unprecedented but inconsistent with our democratic process.”

Electors in each state will convene as a so-called “Electoral College” on Dec. 14 to formally select the next president.

By mcfarm - Nov. 23, 2020, 8:10 a.m.
Like Reply

"not in the courts purview to violate the constitution"  well isn't that special. somebody sure has been violating the hell of it. Seems there have been many changes and rulings in the last year that were only to be made by the state legislature. pretty quiet on all the stuff isn't this judge?