How the Mighty Have Fallen
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Nov. 19, 2020, 9:51 p.m.
Comments
By TimNew - Nov. 20, 2020, 2:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi JOJ.    I just wanted to make sure you know the Onion is a satire publication. Occasionally,  people take it seriously.

By joj - Nov. 20, 2020, 10:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Rudy is saying things in press conferences that he wouldn't dare say in court.  He belongs in the Onion.

By wglassfo - Nov. 20, 2020, 12:25 p.m.
Like Reply

I am not a lawyer and I do not pretend to know the legal system

But a lawyer did suggest the following thought

Dominion can publicly deny allegations about their machines with impunity. They don't have to prove any thing in public

However, if they are serious, about their reputation, and biz model, then Dominion as a business, or any of the officers can bring defamation charges against Powell and the others at the public press conference.

If in court a lawyer may make allegations against a witness, to try and challenge the testimony. However, public statements, out side of court, can be grounds for defamation and law suits can follow to seek some sort of punishment for wrong full statements

If Dominion files a law suit, then the Trump lawyers need to produce the evidence and Trump himself would likely be named as a defendant 

As it stands now, Dominion either files a law suit or their public statements are just bluster with no legal evidence to prove Dominion is correct

By metmike - Nov. 20, 2020, 12:34 p.m.
Like Reply

"no legal evidence to prove Dominion is correct"

Guilty until proven innocent?

Dominion's machines were rigged because they can't prove they were not and accusations that they were rigged with no evidence must be correct and if they don't file lawsuits against those claiming they were rigged must mean they were rigged?

By TimNew - Nov. 20, 2020, 12:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Couple things.

JOJ. Lots of politicians, including Obama have been written up in the Onion.   

Also,  I'd like to know what you think Guliani has said that he would not say in court.  His recent press conference was framed as an opening statement.

MM,  Dominion does not have to prove they are not rigged.  The burden of proof is on the accuser, as it should be.  Trump's attorneys claim they have a great deal of proof.  I've yet to see it,  but lets wait and see what they have. If half of what they say is true,  this will be quite a year end. If they are lying,  I think they should be prosecuted or at least sued to within an inch of their lives.

By wglassfo - Nov. 20, 2020, 4:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Dominion was asked to report to the PA [something] I don't have a working knowledge of your system so can't say report to whom

However, Dominion was reported to be lawyering up. This in itself proves nothing. Lawyers hired by Dominion or not reporting to explain how the machines work proves nothing

Not showing up does add some validity to the accuser

However, the presumption of innocence still stands until proven other wise. So far, Dominion has nothing to prove, other than explain how the machines work. It does beg the question why they would not show up and explain, unless they don't want to answer questions by their accuser

It might be in PA or some other venue, Dominion will be asked how the machines work and answer questions. 

Where and how remains to be answered

If these machines were used in 30 states and cost millions you can bet questions will be asked. I made a mistake in an earlier post when I said 37 states