trump-told-4-lies-about-the-inspector-general-report-in-one-short-fox-news-hit
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - June 24, 2018, 6:52 p.m.
Comments
By TimNew - June 25, 2018, 5:54 a.m.
Like Reply

It's good they started the article with this disclaimer "Editor’s note: The opinions in this article are the author’s, as published by our content partner, and do not necessarily represent the views of MSN or Microsoft." because this is an obvious opinion piece. And the opinions are, to say the least, questionable.

For example, Trump  said they were plotting against his campaign. A lie, according to the author, in spite of several emails that expressed exactly that.

Lie 2, the IG blew it when they said the investigation was not biased..  Again, in spite of emails that stated that exact thing.

#3, While the report did not directly claim that Trump did nothing wrong, there is no claim that he did anything wrong. This is a stretch, drawing a conclusion based on a negative,  but calling it a lie is at least as much of a stretch.

Lie 4,  Comey is a criminal.  An argument can be made that some of Comey's actions were criminal.

This is an opinion piece that some will treat as news.

By carlberky - June 25, 2018, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

I try  not to get involved in " opinion " posts. There is no honest debate and no one is going to change their minds.

However, this piece seems to quote the AG and appeared to me to be more then opinion.

By mcfarm - June 25, 2018, 7:11 a.m.
Like Reply

well gee Carl, if so refute one thing Tim said.....I assume you would of if you could of but it so much easier to lay down for the left

By mojo - June 25, 2018, 9:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Knowing Cornholio's penchant for lying why would you even doubt it? 

By carlberky - June 25, 2018, 8:45 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Mc, you said, "well gee Carl, if so refute one thing Tim said..... "

Read Chapter 16, starting on page 497 0f the report.

I wanted the A G's words, and not my opinion.

By TimNew - June 26, 2018, 5:02 a.m.
Like Reply

You mean like this?

"

First, we found that several FBI employees who played critical roles in the

investigation sent political messages—some of which related directly to the Midyear

investigation—that created the appearance of bias and thereby raised questions

about the objectivity and thoroughness of the Midyear investigation. Even more

seriously, text messages between Strzok and Page pertaining to the Russia

investigation, particularly a text message from Strzok on August 8 stating “No. No

he’s not. We’ll stop it.” in response to a Page text “[Trump’s] not ever going to

become president, right? Right?!,” are not only indicative of a biased state of mind

but imply a willingness to take official action to impact a presidential candidate’s

electoral prospects."

Of course, they went on to say that there is no evidence that the obvious bias of key players had any impact on the outcome of the investigation.  That might be true,  but it certainly calls into question the labels of lie one and two from your article.  

By mcfarm - June 26, 2018, 7:02 a.m.
Like Reply

this was nothing more than a typical CYA piece from the gov. Of course there was bias on every page of the ig report but but  it had no bearing on their work hahaha and back to the deep state they go,,,,,wow kind of reminds one of comey when he laid out for 15 minutes how guilty of multiple crime Hillary was but then lied and said she had no intent...clean the house

By carlberky - June 26, 2018, 7:20 a.m.
Like Reply

" Of course, they went on to say that there is no evidence that the obvious bias of key players had any impact on the outcome of the investigation. "

You can have the last word. I'm done.

By mcfarm - June 26, 2018, 9:47 a.m.
Like Reply

again, there was bias on every page....they never looked for impact...had they looked for impact comey and company would be in jail by now....new just out for example: doj had weaky leaks ready to testify....finally the very soure who was going to swear under oath that the Russians were not the source and guess what Comey pulled the deal at the last minute....corruption, collusion, obstruction right there and then