Presidential debate October 22, 2020
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 22, 2020, 9:08 p.m.

Should be interesting.

We should note that communication is one of Trumps weakest points and debating is pure communication.

If this were 2 decades ago, Biden would crush him because Joe used to be one of the worlds greatest debaters.

The cerebrally challenged, over the hill Biden can still hold his own though because this is the arena that he has always excelled at.

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 22, 2020, 11:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow! 

Did somebody give Trump a high dose of Valium before the debate?

Too bad Trump can't act like this all the time. 

He was very much in control this time and did a terrific job in clearly winning the debate. 

Biden won the first one, mainly because Trump was so rude. 

Both of them stated things that are not true. Biden insisted that Russia is behind the information on Hunter's laptop .

And that not one single person lost their insurance under Obamacare.

I guess my wife and I losing our insurance didn't count.

Then, under Obamacare, our new plan would not pay for me to go to the best eye doctor to have the surgery on my eyes because he was out of network.

So I had the surgery done with the only in network eye doctor they authorized. She botched the surgery on my right eye. It had to be done over and I was left with permanent eye damage.

I threatened a lawsuit and negotiated not paying the last $3,000 for the 2nd surgery but despite that, I am still for socialized medicine.

By metmike - Oct. 23, 2020, 1:51 a.m.
Like Reply

If Joe Biden is not guilty of wrongdoing here, then he would never need to make up that Russia is behind the Hunter laptop scandal.....or at least not used somebody elses story making that up for him. 

What we know with almost 100% certainty is that Russia is NOT behind this scandal. 

When you are innocent of something, you use the truth to defend yourself. Using a lie to defend yourself means that you are guilty because the truth will incriminate you.

Joe used a lie that he knows is a lie because blaming Russia has worked so well.

If you are innocent Joe, just explain the truth to us. If it's the truth, it will make sense. 

By TimNew - Oct. 23, 2020, 3:25 a.m.
Like Reply

In all honesty, what truth could he use? 

"My son and I never used my political influence to enrich ourselves.  My son negotiated and entered these deals based on his own merit.  This evidence has been manufactured for political ends".

If this were the truth, what evidence could he use to clear himself?

Aside from the fact that I strongly doubt that Hunter pulled this off on his own,  if you were to take the massive leap required to give Joe the benefit of the doubt, what evidence could be out there to clear his name?   Proving a negative is difficult.

By metmike - Oct. 23, 2020, 10:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Too bad they didn't have the mute button threat during the first debate. 

What a difference, like night and day. They needed this to control Trump.

Most people are no longer capable of escaping their cognitive bias when viewing realities/facts.

They are so conditioned to going to their favorite(birds of a feather) sites (echo chambers) to get reinforcement

and to feel comforted with confirmation that their belief systems are the best, that they almost never look at the world, using critical thinking like they used to before the internet created this powerful reinforcement dynamic.

So Biden won the debate AND Trump won the debate.........based on what you were looking to see before hand.

This morning, my wife Debbie said that she was reading almost everywhere from news sources that Biden won the debate(except for conservative news, saying the opposite). I assumed before the debate that this would be the case, regardless of the actual outcome.

Regardless, I enjoyed it and honestly, the most amusing/fun part for me was watching and listening to a Donald Trump that actually behaved...........using self control/discipline and being respectful  instead of being the loose cannon, impulsively rambling with arrogant impunity., trying to bully everyone.

This is why he is so hated.

This is why he will likely lose the election.

To me, him actually being a nice guy was a huge win for him because most people judge him on his off the charts character flaws and he actually displayed a high standard of character most of the time last night. 

A Trump like last night the past few years would have a double digit lead right now in the polls. 

By metmike - Oct. 25, 2020, 12:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Our youngest son and our daughter in law from my older son are pretty far left and they both insist that Trump won this last debate.

By metmike - Oct. 26, 2020, 2:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Biden stretches lead over Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania: poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522718-biden-stretches-lead-over-trump-in-mich-wis-and-penn-poll

A new poll finds Joe Biden stretching his lead over President Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania as late-breaking undecided voters say they intend to back the Democratic presidential nominee. 

The latest survey of likely voters in the three former “blue wall” states from the Elections Research Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison finds Biden nearly doubling his lead in each state compared to last month.

Crucially, Biden is above the 50 percent mark in all three states, while Trump remains mired in the low to mid-40s. 

In Michigan, Biden leads by 10 points, 52 to 42. Five percent of voters remain undecided. The same poll from September found Biden with a 6-point advantage. 

The poll from Wisconsin finds Biden leading 53 to 44, with 3 percent undecided. Biden’s 9-point advantage is up from 4 points in September.

The closest state is Pennsylvania, where Biden leads 52 to 44, with 3 percent undecided. Biden has grown his lead from 4 points in September to 8 points now. 

In addition to the former undecided voters breaking for Biden, he also leads big among those who voted third party in 2016 or didn’t vote at all. Across the three states, Biden leads 54 to 25 among third-party voters in 2016, with 21 percent saying they’ll still support another candidate. Biden leads 64 percent to 29 percent among likely voters in 2020 who did not vote in 2016. 

The Democratic nominee is running up the score among voters who have already cast their ballots, taking 87 percent support in Pennsylvania, 75 percent support in Michigan and 73 percent support in Wisconsin. Trump leads among those who will vote on Election Day, but it’s not enough to make up the difference, as he takes 57 percent support in Michigan, 59 percent in Pennsylvania and 57 percent in Wisconsin. 

There’s a massive gender gap, with Biden leading by about 20 points among women across the three states and Trump leading by about 3 points among men.

By mcfarm - Oct. 26, 2020, 7:05 p.m.
Like Reply

latest poll this evening had Trump plus 2 in Penn and has closed most of the other states. So damn funny how the polling is so similar to 2016 and the same damn errors are being made by pollsters. Jut like the msm the polling industry will be turned on its head when this election over. They crowed for 3 years now how they could never be as wrong as they were in '16. Don't look now.