Wxfollower (me) decided to end posting at all of Marketforum after 20 years
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:21 p.m.

This deserves its own thread due to my longevity. All things eventually come to an end. I have decided to end posting at all of Marketforum. It has been an interesting 20 years going back to the coffee freezes of 2000, when MetMike, Susan (RIP), Suzannah (where did she go??), Office Boy, Cofco, Nagual and others had high quality, intense discussions about the threat to Brazilian coffee and the trading implications/opportunities at the INO forum.  Good luck to Mike as Moderator, a tough job for no pay. I couldn’t do it well and would never try it.

Also, I want to make note of Alex (RIP), who made Marketforum what it was after it originated from INO. Without him, there may never have been a Marketforum.

My last few threads were sarcasm of sorts to show my frustration with the infestation of BS posts in the NTR forum. I can’t handle it here anymore. Mike works hard at the tough and no pay job of Marketforum. But alas it is still not good enough. The BS, outside of Mike’s many excellent daily thread series as well as other longterm Mike threads such as on Covid, is rampant in numerous fake news based threads. 

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Good luck Larry!

After finding out that you are taking care of your sick brother I respect you for that and will remember that and the positive things and contributions that you made here over the past 20 years.

I wish (and tried) I could help you with your hatred for Trump and intolerance of non Trump haters but hope, that after he is defeated, your rage will diminish. 

By WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Mike. He’s in the hospital with his 7th UTI over the last 12 months and 3rd over the last month. Due to Covid related restrictions, I can’t be there with him. But I talk to him several times a day and he’s doing much better/should soon be released.

And I will always have enormous respect for you being a great son to your dear father. And of course your numerous high quality TR posts, especially those that address wx and for no charge at that!

By cutworm - Aug. 13, 2020, 10:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Both of you are Great examples of why we need strong families. A society is judged by how it takes care of the weak.