Thousands protest in downtown Portland Monday
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 21, 2020, 2:40 p.m.

Thousands protest in downtown Portland Monday; federal officers again respond with force

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/07/portland-protests-continue-for-54th-night-amid-controversy-surrounding-federal-officers-presence.html

Protests in Portland have carried on for more than 50 days. Here's how they started

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/us/portland-protests-fifty-days/index.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Graphs of COVID in OR and analysis below.

New daily positives with the much higher rate of testing and opening up.............and widespread protesting with no social distancing have been soaring higher the last month(now close to 6 times higher than what they were just before the protests).   Possibly, over half of this is from the increase in testing. Some is surely from opening up and poor habits/lack of precautions and as it seems  likely in OR, MANY to MOST from the protests.

Deaths have started slowly going higher.........this should continue.

Find this data here: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Daily new infection cases in zig zag blue below. Cumulative new cases in orange on graph 

metmike: Yet............we hear that there is no evidence that the protesting is spreading COVID.

Yeah right, no evidence...........if you throw out all the profoundly convincing data that shows it. 

Comments
By metmike - July 21, 2020, 2:44 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike Because they don't want to have the evidence, they are intentionally designing this big study that will determine where people got COVID from.........so that it CAN'T show it came from protesters. 

NYC’s COVID-19 contact tracing will ask about outdoor dining, not protests

https://nypost.com/2020/07/19/nyc-contact-tracers-will-ask-about-dining-not-protests/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push-notification&utm_campaign=nyc-contact-tracers-will-ask-about-dining-not-protests

Dr. S. Patrick Kachur, a professor at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, defended the city’s position about leaving demonstrations out of tracing questions.

“Asking about protests might alienate some people — and it might not generate that much useful information.

“When we can’t explain the uptick in our fair city’s COVID-19 infection rates among the 20-29 age group — and we aren’t asking if they’ve attended a Black Lives Matter protest, that’s called hypocrisy too. Wake up, Your honor. Closing your eyes and covering your ears won’t change the facts,” Pitts said.

Dr. Jake Deutsch, co-founder of Cure Urgent Care that’s tested over 5,000 patients for COVID-19, agreed that the tracing corps should ask about protests.

“The purpose of contact tracing is you’re trying to identify sources of where the infections are occurring, so I think you ask about gatherings whether it’s bars, protests, schools, churches. The question shouldn’t just stop with, ‘Were you in a restaurant?’ You’d have to be much inclusive. And trying to predict that [bars are] the source of the problem I think that’s a pretty impossible presumption given the fact that it’s a highly contagious virus,” Deutsch said.

He believes the higher proportion of twenty-somethings testing positive for COVID-19 is due to increased testing for all New Yorkers — not just the elderly and vulnerable.

“I’ve seen more young people be tested than we’d seen for months ago for instance so I think you’re going to see a spike when you see more testing,” Deutsch said."

metmike: Quintessential example of how to design a study so that it gives you the results you want. The anti scientific subjective/biased reasoning here is mind boggling/staggering. The study already shows that new cases CAN'T be from the protests before they even start it because they are treating that potential factor,  like asking the participants if they had recently been to the planet Mars. 

And it has to be 100% intentional. The designers are clearly in touch with all these factors. They KNOW that there is a large segment of people claiming the protests are a cause for all the protest aged people to be testing positive(and the black rate going higher too).

Why not PROVE their position that its not from protests by asking that question? That would be science.

Not asking that question but instead TELLING US before the study that it's NOT from the protests and they won't test is 100% politics. 

This study, is just another one that is evidence of this, below:

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124

By WxFollower - July 21, 2020, 2:49 p.m.
Like Reply

I've been maintaining that the MSM as well as libs haven't been treating gatherings for protests like gatherings for anything else as regards the virus risks. i.e. double standard and I'm sticking to this. Now as regards what % of case increases has been due to protests, neither you, I, or anyone else knows for sure as these are complex situations to analyze.  

By metmike - July 21, 2020, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Double standard of liberals between COVID and riots            

26 responses |                

Started by WxFollower - June 2, 2020, 1:56 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53203/

Latest COVID numbers:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55092/

It's not even debatable anymore that a huge number of people got COVID at these protests. The question is more like, how high up in the tens of thousands of people got it that way(after it continued to spread from people that were at protests) or could it be more than 100,000 from that source soon?

It's mind bogglingly obvious just from common sense but the data backs up the obvious. 

By metmike - July 21, 2020, 11:12 p.m.
Like Reply

"Now as regards what % of case increases has been due to protests, neither you, I, or anyone else knows for sure as these are complex situations to analyze."

And they don't want us to know.............evidenced by the study in NY not even asking people if they had been to a protest.

With regards to the data, I don't know everything but have been looking at COVID data ever day since March, often breaking it down to look at individual states to try to understand it. I was not against protests. I went to one here in early June!

However, the data is pretty compelling. I showed you Oregon, with it's rate going up 6 times the level it was at when the protests started.

However,  CA makes it crystal clear........ since they have had the toughest restrictions of any state in place........ but the most protests. Since the protests started, the COVID cases are 4 times higher in CA.

Yesterday was the highest yet at almost 12,000 new cases. Exactly how many of the new cases are coming from the protests we will never know but it has to be in the many thousands. ........at least, when you consider people go into their community later and spread it.

Again, the new cases are affecting many more young people/protest aged and blacks. We hear that young people are partying more and this makes sense but other than the protests, what would cause the black numbers to suddenly go up?

By metmike - July 21, 2020, 11:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Georgia is the other unique state where we can  isolate the protest variable a bit  compared to other states.

GA opened earlier than any other state, in late April.

No increase at all thru May into the very start of June. Then there was a noticeable increase, starting in the 2nd week of June, right where you might expect it from the GF protests.

However, a week after the RB protesting ramped up the protesting into high gear the COVID numbers rapidly accelerated higher.

By metmike - July 22, 2020, 12:01 a.m.
Like Reply

We here that numbers in the northern states, where there are more and bigger protests are not going up, so it can't be the protests.........but this is not true at all.

I showed you OR's rate going up by 5 times and their protests have been constant since the end of May. Same thing in WA State.  Those are northern states. CA is not a northern state but they are the perfect example of a state NOT opening up but having COVID  rates jump..............with them having the most protests.

MI's rate is lower than its major outbreak in April but more than triple the rate they were at when the protests started. MI has been very tough with its retrictions and should not be seeing increases this great, just from opening up. Similar thing in IL, another northern state.

With most states, especially since they are not asking people if they've been to a protest, its impossible to know how much COVID was spread from the protests. 

However, if you look at WA, OR, CA and GA you can see the protest fingerprint strongly in the data. 

To me, it's not whether its very significant or not, it's a matter of  how many tens of thousands have COVID now because of the protests(these people go back to their communities and spread it).

It's insane to continue to read that there is no evidence of the protests spreading COVID. 

I just showed the profound evidence. The reason to say this is rooted in politics, unfortunately.

The sad thing is that alot of people will die because of this and most states, suffering higher COVID rates because of this, will impose tougher penalties on people for activities getting ALL the blame, when they are only causing part of it.............while the MSM/democrats continue to encourage more protesting.

This is much worse than Trumps really dumb OK rally. That was one event with 3,000 people, many not wearing masks in a county that didn't have a massive amount of COVID(but plenty enough for at least several people there to spread it).

The numbers at protests are now in the millions. Even if you have a very small % getting it as protests, when you multiply it by a 7 digit number-total people attending the rallies(at many thousands of rally's), it becomes a BIG number. 

There is just no escaping that scientific reality. 

By mcfarm - July 22, 2020, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

MM the answer from the protestors is an easy one. A 2 or 3 day flu is simple if it wrecks America and hurts Trump

By GunterK - July 22, 2020, 1:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you, metmike, for your extremely thorough analysis of Covid19. … as you proved with facts… protests cause spikes in Covid 19 infections and deaths… checkmate!

So, here is the average Joe, who can’t get his hair cut, because his barbershop has been locked up since March. And his mayor and governor are ordering him to stay away from gatherings of more than 10 people. And at the same time, they encourage him to join a mob of 2000 screaming BLM protesters and not to worry about the virus.

There has to be a point in every person’s mind, where one has to say “this does not make sense”

My question is… are the masses aware of the data you just presented? Is this forum the only place that informs the People?

If the masses were aware of this deception, would they not come to the conclusion ( as mcfarm and many others on this forum did ), that the Democratic Party, as well as the Democratic mayors and governors, do not care about the welfare of their people, they destroy their own cities, they destroy their country. Their only goal is to cause chaos, because chaos, economic destruction, poverty and death make Trump look bad.

I could see a middle-of-the-road guy say “I don’t like Trump, but the other side is evil…. enough is enough!... this time, I am going to vote for Trump….”

PS:

I used the official term “Covid19”, even though Ms Pelosi now calls the virus the “Trump Virus”

By metmike - July 22, 2020, 7:55 p.m.
Like Reply

"My question is… are the masses aware of the data you just presented? Is this forum the only place that informs the People?"

It's turned almost entirely political. Those that have the data and know are not speaking out. It's not a politically acceptable position to speak out against the (peaceful) protesting. Doing so, can be severely damaging to your career.......regardless of whether you are in politics or science(the majority of scientists are pretty liberal, with political and social scientists almost ALL liberals, some at the extreme end).