WHY THE NEW HCQ STUDY IS CRAP
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wxdavid - July 5, 2020, 8:50 p.m.

of course conservatives/ tumspsters many of which are incapable of any basic critical thinking skills dont grasp why this ahem so called study is bullshit|

Lets use some  BASIC  critical thinking skills  not based on CNN but on ya know  SCIENCE!

1 The study does NOT  even says hydroxychloroquine (hcq) .... It claims HCQ plus Azithromycin  wrks

that is NOT what trump  was  talking about

2 the study did NOT randomly treat patients but selected them for various treatments based on
non valid / arbitrary criteria.

3. The Henry Ford medical team  ALSO  used  the   steroid dexamethasone which is proven to be Lower Mortality rates  of  covid19 cases

. SO was it the HCQ or the dexamethasone???

4 The Henry Ford team excluded 267 patients -- nearly 10% of the study population -- who had not yet been discharged from the hospital. WHY?? This CLEARLY skewed the results to make HCQ look better than it really was.

5. this study was observational: they are not as valuable as CONTROLLED clinical trials  where patients in a clinical trial are randomly assigned to take either the drug or a placebo

There have been two clinical trials on HCQ for Covid-19, one in the US run by NIH featured 470 patients ... the one in the UK 11,000+. And those double blond clinical studies showed HCQ is BS

Comments
By metmike - July 6, 2020, 2 p.m.
Like Reply

Dave,

You keep repeating this over and over and over as if it means that this drug can't work because you don't understand how the drug works.

I had already acknowledged my concern with this study when finding out that some patients were also taking steroids. 

Personally, I have not decided how much HCQ works but being familiar with the biological mechanism...........which is why its used extensively for autoimmune diseases and inflammation, I am 100% certain that it would help to fight inflammation in SOME patients. 

This may be 1 reason why steroids are working too(the other is that steroids suppress /regulate your immune system.

You keep hanging your hat on anything and everything that shows this drug can't work.......including discrediting ALL results of the latest study, as if the HCQ couldn't have been responsible for any of those big life savings benefits.

Whether you will admit it or not, if inflammation is part of this disease(in the lungs) as reports suggest then HCQ will help SOME patients because its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that HCQ reduces inflammation.

You keep dwelling on everything that discredits this drug....................I'm looking at everything with an open mind and a pretty good understanding of how it actually works.

Show me where I am wrong about the inflammation?

This is why I'm right:

Hydroxychloroquine inhibits IL-1β production from amyloid-stimulated human neutrophils

https://arthritis-research.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13075-019-2040-6

Results

SAA stimulation induced significant production of IL-1β in human neutrophils. SAA stimulation also induced NF-κB activation, pro-IL-1β mRNA expression, and NLRP3 protein expression in human neutrophils. HCQ pretreatment significantly inhibited the SAA-induced IL-1β production in human neutrophils, but did not affect the SAA-induced NF-κB activation, pro-IL-1β mRNA expression, and NLRP3 protein expression. Furthermore, SAA stimulation induced cleaved caspase-1 (p20) secretion from human neutrophils, and this release was suppressed by HCQ pretreatment.

Conclusions

Treatment with HCQ was associated with impaired production of IL-1β in SAA-stimulated human neutrophils without affecting the priming process of the NLRP3 inflammasome such as pro-IL-1β or NLRP3 induction. These findings suggest that HCQ affects the NLRP3 activation process, resulting in the impaired IL-1β production in human neutrophils, as representative innate immune cells.