THERE IS ONLY 1 RULE IN THE UNIVERSE
18 responses | 0 likes
Started by wxdavid - July 2, 2020, 5:59 p.m.

There is only one rule.  And here it is

IF YOU GO AGAINST  THE SCIENCE YOU WILL LOSE.
All the time
Without fail
In every instance
No exceptions.

By that I mean if you ignore the science, or think it does not matter, you WILL lose.

And if you go against the Science long enough,you will die.

It does not not matter who you are.

It does not matter who you voted for

It does not matter what your religious beliefs are

It does not matter how much money you have

It does not matter where or how you   get your news/ Information

It does not matter how well connected you are.

THERE IS ONLY ONE RULE

Comments
By metmike - July 2, 2020, 6:02 p.m.
Like Reply

So you have finally changed your position on the fake climate crisis then (-:

By wxdavid - July 2, 2020, 6:03 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - July 2, 2020, 7:59 p.m.
Like Reply

New cases in Florida have clearly been skyrocketing higher the last few weeks.

Deaths, with a lag time of around 2 weeks have increased a bit too but the next 2 weeks will help tell us how bad it really is.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For the state of Florida below:

Find this data here: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Daily new infection cases in zig zag blue below. Cumulative new cases in orange on graph 1.

On graph 2, deaths in zig zag purple. Totals deaths in red.

By wxdavid - July 2, 2020, 10:26 p.m.
Like Reply

I think you are missing the point

TX opened up waaaaay too soon after the shortest lockdown in the whole country.
same with  FL  and AZ.

they ignored the  SCIENCE

Recall back in the spring the idiot GOV  of Florida suggested blocking people from NY   trying to enter FL.
 as if the virus is a LIBERAL  issue.
Gee I wonder where the FL GOV  a  very close political friend with  Trump got the idea that the virus was not a big deal? 

By metmike - July 3, 2020, 12:03 a.m.
Like Reply

"I think you are missing the point"

Dave,

I completely agreed with you and even provided a graph to show that you are right about Florida. That was why I made the post.

Your desire to have an argument is blinding you to realities. When somebody agrees with you on your point, why would you then tell them they are missing the point???

By wxdavid - July 13, 2020, 12:47 p.m.
Like Reply
By wxdavid - July 13, 2020, 12:50 p.m.
Like Reply

There is only  1  rule in the universe that never ever changes.

IF  YOU IGNORE THE SCIENCE  YOU WILL LOSE

IF YOU IGNORE THE SCIENCE LONG ENOUGH  YOU WILL DIE

‘The beginning of a horror movie’? Disney World slammed as doors reopen amid spiking coronavirus case

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-beginning-of-a-horror-movie-disney-world-slammed-as-doors-reopen-amid-spiking-coronavirus-cases-2020-07-12?mod=home-page

By metmike - July 13, 2020, 1:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much Dave!

Obviously, you are greatly opposed to Disney opening. I don't have a strong opinion on Disney because of the precautions that they are taking.

Let's put this into perspective, comparing it with your position that protests have not significantly increased the number of COVID cases.....using actual pictures of the 2 different settings.

Keep in mind that Disney is enforcing mask wearing and social distancing and doing temperature checks...... the protests are the total opposite of social distancing, most but not all wear masks and there are no temp checks.

I went to a BLM protest in Evansville, with an N-95 mask on(to protect me) mainly to support my family members that were there, some are black. The Evansville Courier and Press stated that over 500 people were there. That's possible but it seemed like less than that to me.

Walt Disney World Officially Reopens amid Coronavirus Concerns: See Photos of Opening Day

https://people.com/travel/floridas-walt-disney-world-officially-reopens-see-the-photos/

First 2 photos are from Disney World..

DisneyworldGregg Newton/AFP via Getty Images

DisneyworldGregg Newton/AFP via Getty Images

This photo is from a protest in a state (California) with soaring COVID numbers that are affecting many more young adults and blacks than before.

Aerial protests black lives matter Protesters congregate at the Hollywood and Highland intersection as demonstrations continue over the killing of George Floyd despite the dangers of the widening coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on June 7, 2020 in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles, California. David McN

Back to Disney

Disneyworld

Another shot from a recent protest

Crowds of people protest police brutality and the death of George Floyd in Brooklyn, New York, on May 30, 2020. 

(Image: © Pablo Monsalve/VIEWpress via Getty Images)

Pictures are worth a thousand words here!

Science.............and data in the form of pictures that document the environments that we are applying that science to. 

By WxFollower - July 13, 2020, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Yep, Mike, excellent post! One of the worst double standards I've ever seen and which I've posted about for over a month, well before Dave started posting here again. Per the MSM/libs, if it isn't a BLM protest, thou shall not gather. But if it is BLM, by all means crowd in like sardines because "what virus?". The old DT could use his own eyes and tell there's a double standard here. But the new DT seems to be blind to anything having to do with BLM. Maybe blinded by his anti-Trump views? I'm anti-Trump, too, and have been quite vocal about that, but I'm not about to let that blind me on this.

By mcfarm - July 13, 2020, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

pretty simple MM. Because narrative is everything to the lefty. But narrative is evil. BLM rallies are fine. Ask, cnn, msnbc, deblasio etc. Just out yesterday seems the DR/virus expert the libs have followed breathlessly for nearly 2 months because he has been suffering from covid does not have covid at all. He has been tested negative 5 times and one negative antibody test and Yesterday good old chuck todd introduced him on
Sunday as "suffering with covid. Narrative, always the narrative, facts be damned. Science be damned. You stay on  the narrative until Trump is out of office. 

By mcfarm - July 13, 2020, 4:31 p.m.
Like Reply

speaking of blind eyes.  About 60 million people in Fl. Tx and AZ.....123 corana deaths this weekend.......yes tell me about lagging indicators and all the rest.......close it down, atleast until Trump is gone

By wxdavid - July 13, 2020, 4:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Mcfarm 

I'm not sure you really understand this whole science thing. There is often u a   gap between the actual infection showing up and the death toll rising. If the numbers stay this low say    by  July 25 you may have point.

Otherwise  You are engaging in silly  speculation 

By wxdavid - July 13, 2020, 4:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike it looks like that Disney is taking some precautions in that they are keeping the crowd under control and most people are in the sunshine or keeping social distancing and most the people and those pictures are wearing masks curious

My concern is that in Florida and other Southern States the percentage of people not wearing masks are significantly higher than in the northern States. This is one of the reasons why even though the sunshine or YV  light which normally kills / inactivates the  covid19   has not had that much of impact in the Southern States. They are not wearing masks and they are enclosed spaces. The Disneyworld   people are outside in the sunshine and like I said they appear to be keeping significant Spacing so that's a good thing.

If Florida did not have 15000 cases yesterday I would not be  reacting strongly to Disney world opening up.

As for the other pictures well I'm glad you were able to find 2 pictures of Tightly pack protesters who are not marching who are in a fairly confined spaces.  That is not good to see.

It is also extremely unfair of but I guess necessary for your politics to maintain that most of the other protest movements around the country during the month of June consisted of tightly packed confine thousands of people without masks. 

But the fact of the matter is that's not even close to being true. Most of the protest movements saw people wearing masks and moving that is to say marching so they were not in enclosed tight spaces. There were in fresh air with ventilation unlike those 2 photographs were people are very tightly packed

By mcfarm - July 13, 2020, 4:49 p.m.
Like Reply

unkind way of science that I don't get. You mean like that DR cnn had on for 6 weeks claiming to be deathly ill of covid? like that unkind way

By wxdavid - July 13, 2020, 5:18 p.m.
Like Reply

dude you are posting  FAKE  news stories where even the Police says     there is NO proof that BLM is  involved

the last thing s person  like YOU will ever do  is a read the story understand and think about it.

By metmike - July 13, 2020, 7:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"As for the other pictures well I'm glad you were able to find 2 pictures of Tightly pack protesters who are not marching who are in a fairly confined spaces.  That is not good to see.

It is also extremely unfair of but I guess necessary for your politics to maintain that most of the other protest movements around the country during the month of June consisted of tightly packed confine thousands of people without masks.

But the fact of the matter is that's not even close to being true. Most of the protest movements saw people wearing masks and moving that is to say marching so they were not in enclosed tight spaces. There were in fresh air with ventilation unlike those 2 photographs were people are very tightly packed"

Dave, 

You are making stuff up completely again about my statement and about the dynamics of the rally to suit and justify your bias. 

I actually picked  2 wide shot pictures of big rallies from a distance, one aerial because thats the ONLY way to see most of the people at one time. The bigger protesting like these are obviously capable  of spreading more COVID.   One reason that I  went to a "small" local protest here of 500 people was to try to understand what is going on and also knowing that I would be posting here on it.

Every rally is different but the vast majority of time is spent standing very, very close to others that completely surround them. Do you think that they march around in circles for hours to keep the air flowing to lessen COVID spread? Even when they are moving, there is no social distancing and you are passing thru the air that includes diluted exhaling of people in front of you, some shouting at the top of their lungs.

There was one guy screaming like a maniac so loudly and almost non stop, that my family actually backed off to put some distance between us. 

You totally made this up my position: "tightly packed confine thousands of people without masks"

I have always said that MOST people are wearing masks and my real pictures show real people wearing masks(though they are wide shots in order for one to appreciate the size) and smashed together like sardines...........similar to the rally that I went to and similar to most around the country.

There have been thousands of protests and well over a million people, so trying to make it appear  like I'm exaggerating the numbers is a losing position because we have the numbers and you know that they are massive. 

Even though being outside and wearing a mask greatly lowers the risk of getting COVID, lack of social distancing,  shouting and multiplying that risk by a 7 digit figure, that represents the number of protesters...........comes out to a significant number that are being exposed. 

List of George Floyd protests in the United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_George_Floyd_protests_in_the_United_States

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/Map_of_George_Floyd_protests_in_North_America.png

By wxdavid - July 13, 2020, 11:29 p.m.
Like Reply

I actually picked  2 wide shot pictures of big rallies from a distance, one aerial because thats the ONLY way to see most of the people at one time. The bigger protesting like these are obviously capable  of spreading more COVID.   One reason that I  went to a "small" local protest here of 500 people was to try to understand what is going on and also knowing that I would be posting here on it.

LOL   notice try. NO you picked  those   2 images to make  support  YOUR  political point   -  that   every or MOST   social protesting  marches  in JUNE  were just like that

Every rally is different but the vast majority of time is spent standing very, very close to others that completely surround them.

Do you think that they march around in circles for hours to keep the air flowing to lessen COVID spread? Even when they are moving, there is no social distancing and you are passing thru the air that includes diluted exhaling of people in front of you, some shouting at the top of their lungs.

yes I do.  That is MY  experience in the marches I went too.  The fact that YOU   are claiming  Most/ all of the protests are   people standing  around tightly  packed does not make it  fact

Again   your argument has massive flow in that you STILL have not answered.
 The  Vast majority of the protest in June were in the Northern state where there  was NO explosive  growth in cases

There was one guy screaming like a maniac so loudly and almost non stop, that my family actually backed off to put some distance between us.

You totally made this up my position: "tightly packed confine thousands of people without masks"

I have always said that MOST people are wearing masks and my real pictures show real people wearing masks(though they are wide shots in order for one to appreciate the size) and smashed together like sardines...........similar to the rally that I went to and similar to most around the country.

I don't recall you ever saying that you know of most of the people in the social protests were wearing masks.
if you did  that then I apologize

There have been thousands of protests and well over a million people, so trying to make it appear  like I'm exaggerating the numbers is a losing position because we have the numbers and you know that they are massive.

By metmike - July 14, 2020, 12:45 a.m.
Like Reply

My points, whether you want to believe any of them or not..........were already made clearly.

metmike: "Pictures are worth a thousand words here!

Science.............and data in the form of pictures that document the environments that we are applying that science to."

Will you respond again with smart aleck/silly comments, accusing me of misrepresentation, of saying things I never said  and making up your own version of protests?

Suit yourself.