Trump rally in Oklahoma
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 17, 2020, 7:42 p.m.

As previously discussed the MSM went from insisting we stay shut down, to being good with millions of people packed by sardines at protests(some violent with extensive damage and deaths) because it works for their agenda:

Double standard of liberals between COVID and riots            

23 responses |         

Started by WxFollower - June 2, 2020, 1:56 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53203/

Now, flipping back to being against large groups(at least this one) because it's a Trump rally.

Personally, I was not strongly against the rally's (I went to one in our extremely low risk town wearing an N-95 mask.......but would have passed if I still lived in Detroit which is higher risk).

Personally, I think this is a very bad decision by President Trump to have a rally right now.

The facility has a capacity of around 19,000 people and I believe they will be seated closer than 6 feet from each other and probably many not wearing masks and this is indoors and many will be shouting. This is an ideal environment for several infected people to spew massive amounts of virus around them and infect numerous other people. 

Very bad judgement!

Comments
By metmike - June 17, 2020, 8:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Judge Denies Request To Force Coronavirus Safety Measures At Trump's Tulsa Rally

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/06/17/879193876/judge-denies-request-to-force-coronavirus-safety-measures-at-trumps-tulsa-rally

A group of Tulsa, Okla., residents, businesses and nonprofits(all democrats or never Trumpers) tried to force event organizers to enforce social distancing protocols for this weekend's upcoming campaign rally for President Trump.  In a lawsuit, they said the rally, which is to take place at an indoor arena, could act as a superspreader event for the coronavirus. 

But a Tulsa judge rejected their effort Tuesday, as Public Radio Tulsa reported.

The lawsuit said the event, as it is currently planned, "will endanger not only the health of the guests in attendance ... but the entire Tulsa community and any community to which guests may afterward travel."  

The rally is scheduled to take place at the BOK Center, which is run by ASM Global and has 19,000 seats. 

The plaintiffs said that ASM Global does not have adequate safeguards in place.   

"If ASM Global moves forward with the event without adequate review, planning, training, protective equipment, and safeguards, cases of COVID-19 —  and the unavoidable attendant deaths — will rise," the lawsuit said. 

A spokesperson for the BOK Center told The Washington Post that "government officials have advised that the campaign rally as planned is consistent with the guidance [from state authorities] for entertainment venues." She added that "in the event that the governing authorities impose new restrictions, we will notify the event organizers immediately."          

There has been controversy surrounding the rally since it was announced. There are mounting concerns about the spread of the virus but also fears that Trump's presence in the city will inflame racial tensions."

Kamala Harris                    @KamalaHarris         

This isn't just a wink to white supremacists—he's throwing them a welcome home party. https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1270858531957280769 …

Los Angeles Times                    @latimes           

The Trump rally will occur on Juneteenth Day, when many Americans commemorate the end of slavery, in a city that was home to an infamous 1921 massacre of Black people, one of the worst racial atrocities in the nation’s history. https://www.la"

"Over the weekend Trump announced on Twitter he was changing the date of the rally "out of respect for this Holiday."

metmike: Oooops, foiled again in trying to paint Trump as a white supremacist (-:

However, it appears as if the new position is that Trump rallies should be denied because they could inflame racial tensions. Well, only if folks believe people like Kamala Harris and fake news sources like CNN that tell us the president is a "dictator and racist and we need to fight back" as Don Lemon put in on the air last week while I watched him. 

By metmike - June 17, 2020, 8:56 p.m.
Like Reply

We hear that rates are skyrocketing in Oklahoma and its a horrible time and place for President Trumps rally.

Well, that's not completely true.

Oklahoma has one of the lowest rates of any state this year. Deaths for the entire state have been in the single digits since back In April and even then, they got above 9, once.

However, those very low rates have gone way up recently and are on par with some states that used to be bad but have dropped way down.

So what if you were a state with high rates that are just 30% what they used to be and falling and wanted to have this rally?

I will guess that part of Trump deciding on this location weeks ago, was in fact such low rates at that time.  Again, I think having the rally right now at this location is a very bad idea and am just providing the stats.

Oklahoma below.......low cumulative cases noted by pink shade.

Oklahoma below by county. The county in the center in dark pink is where the rally will be held. Not an extremely high number but at least moderate and increasing recently.

By metmike - June 17, 2020, 9:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Oklahoma deaths at the bottom have stayed VERY LOW. In the single digits except for 1 day back in April.

At the top, you can see the recent increase. Still not high and greatly related to the increase in testing but in the WRONG direction. Some is likely from opening up and probably from people not wearing masks and practicing social distancing in strict fashion.

We hear that rates are skyrocketing in Oklahoma and its a horrible time and place for 

By pj - June 18, 2020, 12:29 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - June 18, 2020, 12:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much pj!

Creative and funny!

What's your opinion of the protests and the potential affects on COVID?

By pj - June 18, 2020, 2:12 p.m.
Like Reply

What's your opinion of the protests and the potential affects on COVID?

Undoubtedly cause(d)  more transmission. Ditto Trump's rally particularly if many follow his lead and as I expect, don't wear masks.

By wglassfo - June 18, 2020, 3:19 p.m.
Like Reply

I have never seen so much flip flooping in all my life as to corona risk

State govenors will not enforce masks, social distancing, they order police to stand down while looting and burning is going on

Govenors who order police to stand down should be liable for law suits for those who lost property or more serious crimes such as rape, shooting etc. A person should expect protection from losing your business to mob activity

So: If you allow demonstrators to protest, I don't care if peaceful, which many are not, then you might as well just throw the rule book out the window and allow full opening of all business etc. If you think you are in danger of the virus then stay the heck away.

People are allowed to do stuff that was at one time not allowed. Now the govenors pick and choose what happens

Who gave this power to any individual official

This whole thing about people in close quarters has become so stupid as to what people can do or can't do

The bigger problem in my book is not a stupid rally. The crime is the looting burning and danger to personal safety

Don't expect anybody to step up and try to put a stop to that sort of criminal activity

We really need to sort out our priorities and like I said, if you think the virus will affect you, then stay away from the rally

If you get sick. don't expect any sympathy from me.