NBC "Meet the Press" Chuck Todd intentionally misquote Barr
14 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 11, 2020, 9:13 a.m.

They later apologized and claimed it was a mistake,   but thats tough to swallow as the "missed" words immediately followed the "abbreviated" quote. Even more telling is the lack of mainstream coverage.  A google search shows only "right wing sites" covering it.  Another blatant example of "Fake News" that we see all too often.  Meet the Press isn't even a shadow of what it once was.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chuck-todd-meet-the-press-barr-flynn-edit

"NBC News' Chuck Todd aired a deceptively edited clip of Attorney General Bill Barr discussing the Michael Flynn case during his "Meet the Press" broadcast on Sunday, prompting the network to concede the mistake hours later -- but there is still no word on whether Todd will apologize on-air.

Asked by CBS News' Catherine Herridge how history would judge the DOJ's decision to move to dismiss the Flynn case, Barr initially responded, laughing: "Well, history is written by the winners, so it largely depends on who's writing the history."

Comments
By wglassfo - May 11, 2020, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

I wonder how many people get taken in by this constant MSM barrage of anything Trump does is bad and other descriptions of Trump behaviour and/or decisions. Trumps entire presidency hs been under attack with the latest documents showing Flynn was a victim of entrapment, but the real goal was an attack on Trump

Given that CNN has lost viewers, I wonder if more people  are catching on to MSM  fake news

Some will always believe or are "No Trumpers" no matter what. This is to be expected as not everybody agrees with others. This is also expected and actually healthy to have different opinions

But I have to think Trump will gain support as time goes on, assuming no big disaster happens to Trump decisions, going forward 

By TimNew - May 11, 2020, 12:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump, being a bloviating buffoon much of the time, makes it easy.  What confuses me is that with all the material he provides, they still feel a need to manufacture outrageous statements.  

But I agree with you.  While there is still too large of a percentage of the electorate that buys this junk,  I believe there is a growing number of people who have figured it out.

The endless investigations and impeachment effort from the left did them far more harm than good, based on assorted polls and if this latest issue with Flynn pans out,  and I suspect it might,  we'll be in for interesting times in November.  

But even if,   close to half the population will view the Flynn case as illegal retribution in spite of the facts.

By metmike - May 11, 2020, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Nearly 2000 former DOJ officials call for AG Barr to resign over Flynn case

It's not clear how the judge in Flynn's case will react to DOJ's reversal.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2000-doj-officials-call-ag-barr-resign-flynn/story?id=70615677

By metmike - May 11, 2020, 2:57 p.m.
Like Reply

This is what makes that last story funnier each time I read it, after these exact same DOJ officials........do the exact same thing, every time Barr does something to correct horrible biased political decisions that the DOJ was responsible for:

More than 2,000 former DOJ officials call on Attorney General William Barr to resign

Last week Barr told ABC News, Trump's tweets make doing his job "impossible."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/1100-doj-officials-call-william-barr-resign/story?id=69030388

By Luke BarrFebruary 17, 2020
By metmike - May 11, 2020, 3:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Here they are again....pretending to be for upholding the law as they actually try to interfere with fair justice for their political agenda using their previous positions. And its the same, never Trumpers each time:

STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS

DOJ Alumni Statement

DOJ Alumni StatementMay 6, 2019 

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statement-by-former-federal-prosecutors-8ab7691c2aa1

By metmike - May 11, 2020, 3:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Here was a lengthy, previous discussion on this from earlier this year:

Barr            

26 responses |            

Started by pj - Feb. 12, 2020, 10:25 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/47365/

By metmike - May 11, 2020, 3:47 p.m.
Like Reply

What's profound about the discussion at that last link about the Stone case that matches up with the Flynn case exactly, is what Professor Dershowitz has repeatedly stated: That the Mueller investigation got almost all of its convictions by creating crimes that didn't exist before the investigation.

Get Trump associates to lie about something, then charge them with lying..........long after they knew that Trump never colluded with Russia and after they already knew the answers to their questions.

Flynn was set up. He was not given the same rights as serial killers get.

His main crime was being associated with President Trump. His political belief system was the entire motivation for him being a target. They objective was to take him down or possibly break him down and get him to lie.

This man had devoted his life to serving his country, including instances of saving lives while in the military and risking his own life. 

To chew him up and spit him out because he was an Obama critic and worked for Trump and entrap him like this is a massive miscarriage of justice. 

The guy has been totally bankrupted and suffered tremendous discrace with unfair attacks by the media and yet................that's not enough. They want him to serve time in prison for lying about something that was immaterial to their investigation but they thought they could catch him doing.

Another example of how hate blinds. They hate Trump and they even hate people that support Trump so much, that whoever it is and whatever they did, they deserve no fair justice considerations or objectivity, they are always guilty, even when circumstances tell us they were wronged. They always deserve the most extreme penalty that there is.

By wglassfo - May 11, 2020, 11:08 p.m.
Like Reply

I am reading reports about Susan Rice being the ring leader in "unmasking" several people for political bias

I remember Susan admitted unmasking several people but told the news people it was for natn'l security. We now find out from documents that the unmasking was for political reasons and not a legit unmasking of americian citizens, for natn'l security

I wonder what kind of punishment, if any Susan Rice and a large number of associates will receive. There is speculation Obama knew but wanted deniability. Some how I have a hard time believing powerful people will receive the same punishment you or I would receive. Or a person such as Flynn who could have received a jail sentence. Will the long list of associates, who were determined to harm Trumps presidency face jail time, for their unlawful actions????? Some how I don't think that will happen.

By TimNew - May 12, 2020, 3:58 a.m.
Like Reply

For years,  I've heard assorted "sabre rattling" about how this guy or that guy was finally gonna get it,  but little of substance has come of it.

This Flynn matter seems to have a different feel,  like it has teeth and momentum.  Will anything come of it?  Remains to be seen.   If anything,  it will likely be lower level scapegoats..  We shall see.

By metmike - May 12, 2020, 3:04 p.m.
Like Reply

US attorney going ‘full throttle’ with review of Russia probe’s origins

https://nypost.com/2020/05/11/us-attorney-going-full-throttle-with-review-of-russia-probe/

"Former special counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of criminal coordination between Trump and the Russians during the 2016 election."

metmike: Of course he didn't and they knew that was the case early in the first year.  So they continued on a political witch hunt for 2.5 years, interrogating and harrassing Trump associates, trying to give the world the impression that they had something big, while creating crimes from the investigation..........interrogating  people under pressure and getting them to tell a lie about something they didn't want the investigators to know, then charge them with lying. 

Objectives?

1. Use this to plea bargain with them and get them to testify against Trump.

2. Make it look like the investigation was finding crimes.............yeah, right. Crimes that didn't exist before the investigation started but were created intentionally by the investigation.

This would be like the FBI, taking 20 innocent  people and bringing them in for questioning because they did not like them.  Make up a reason for why you are investigating them and make up the evidence to do it. 

First, do an extreme investigation on their lives/backgrounds.............where they've been, who they did business with, what they said, what transactions took place.  

Then, try to find an item in this background that suggests the possibility of questionable behavior and something that they would not want the investigators to know everything about.

Then, interrogate them about this item to hopefully  get them to lie, then charge them with the crime of lying.

That, in essence was much of the Mueller investigation.

You could take 20 democrats or republicans in the house/senate and bring them in under similar circumstances and send over half of them to prison for lying about something.

Or,  you could bring the Secretary of State in for questioning, let them tell numerous lies and destroy the evidence for real crimes that they committed, then completely ignore the facts/evidence of the REAL crimes(committed before the investigation) then,  tell everybody that it never justified an investigation.......it was really  just "a matter".

Right, a matter of applying  justice with blatant bias and corruption (-:

Comey: Lynch asked for Clinton investigation to be called a 'matter'

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/james-comey-loretta-lynch/index.html

By metmike - May 12, 2020, 4:03 p.m.
Like Reply

This discussion from a year ago covers the subject on unequal justice and the corruption of the justice system, including the Clinton/Lynch meeting to arrange the dynamics of that cover up and the corruption of the Mueller investigation.

Since that time, more and more facts and information have come out that show this to be true. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/24648/

Please note at the link above my response to the video:

mcfarm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpSHrDVuQvE   with the Meuller probe about to wrap up {they say someday} this is a great review on how it started, why, who was involved and why it is the hoax of the century

metmike: "WOW! Holy Cow!

If this isn't indisputable evidence that the FBI/Justice department is/was blatantly biased and corrupt then there is no such thing as bias and corruption."

metmike today: If you try to go to the video now...............you can't.  This is the message that you get:

Video unavailable

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

Dang, I really was hoping to view that video again to see how it justified my reaction(I am always skeptical of conspiracy theories from the get go and would not have reacted that way if this was one of them)

By metmike - May 14, 2020, 1:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Nothing to see here because these are democrats. They are allowed to violate the rights of republicans. Democrats can never be guilty of anything.

List of officials who sought to 'unmask' Flynn released: Biden, Comey, Obama chief of staff among them

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grenell-releases-list-of-officials-who-sought-to-unmask-flynn-biden-comey-obama-intel-chiefs-among-them

By metmike - May 14, 2020, 1:32 a.m.
Like Reply

And fairness or justice doesn't matter anymore.............just the politics.

Lawyer appointed by Judge Sullivan to offer arguments in Flynn case already has slammed Trump WH's 'improper political influence'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-sullivan-appoints-third-party-to-present-arguments-against-flynn-consider-holding-him-in-contempt

By metmike - May 14, 2020, 1:34 a.m.
Like Reply