I watched Trump, Mnuchin, et.al on the stimulus/distribution.
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - April 3, 2020, 3:06 a.m.

I was actually impressed with what I heard. It appeared to me they had done a reasonable assessment of risks and mitigation, from who is included, (how and why), to concerns about bandwidth and capacity.  A businesslike proposal for deployment/implementation.  I've been involved in a few of those over the years.  

And of course, in the Q/A reporters asked many questions that had already been answered.  Maybe they weren't listening, or just aren't used to such presentations.

Contrast this to the Obamacare website which cost almost 2 billion (by the most conservative estimates, for a freekin website) and took years to implement.  But I suppose that's the difference between having a businessman in charge vs a community organizer.

In all fairness, the Health.Gov website was a more complicated effort,  but after several years, it was still quite error prone.

I am betting that the effort will have a 99+% success rate and the money will flow smoothly to the intended targets. I am also "betting we the people" will be inundated with reports of the <1% failures as the media/pundits/Pelosi et.al. attempt to convince us that Trump has massively screwed up once again. And a segment of the population will believe it.   But what about the millions who get their checks easily and on time? I bet some of them, who used to buy the party line without question, will start to wonder..    Maybe they haven't been getting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Comments
By metmike - April 3, 2020, 10:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Pelosi and Schiff were impressed too Tim.........by another opportunity to try to make Trump look bad which is what CNN and CNBC are using the pandemic for.

So far, each time it has backfired badly, mainly because people other than democrats blinded by hate, see through their counter productive, diabolical, deceptive attempts to obliterate Trump. 

Clearly, this is another desperate effort to use something to ruin Trump before the election. The 2.5 year corrupt Mueller investigation and silly 2nd Impeachment(most people forget the failed impeachment attempt in 2017),  were pretty sad but this one, in the midst of the biggest crisis in our country since the Great Depression and if fact trying to USE the crisis to get Trump is pitiful.

With virus crisis raging, Pelosi and Schiff ramp up new Trump investigations

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/with-virus-crisis-raging-pelosi-schiff-ramp-up-new-trump-investigations

And then there is the fact that Pelosi's colleagues were the ones who, during the debate over the relief bill, tried to insert costly Democratic policy priorities that had nothing to do with coronavirus. Many were ultimately left out of the bill, but some, such as $25 million for the Kennedy Center and $75 million for public broadcasting, became law. (The Kennedy Center intensified the outrage when, after the big grant from Congress, it nevertheless stopped paying its musicians.)

"Congress should look into why Nancy Pelosi insisted on $25 million for the Kennedy Center," said Republican Rep. Brad Wenstrup in a text exchange. "The Center has not been converted to a hospital to treat coronavirus patients, but it's reported they are laying off most of their staff." Wenstrup, who is a doctor and wants "after-action reviews" at federal agencies when the virus crisis is over, said he supports a bill for Congress to rescind the $25 million grant.

"I'd rather have a select committee to investigate how so much liberal pork got into the Covid response bill," texted Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz.

Those are legitimate concerns. But Republicans have yet another worry. Some House Democrats have been engaged in a long campaign to remove the president from office, using whatever weapon — Russia, Stormy Daniels, Ukraine, Michael Cohen, emoluments, whatever — might be available at the moment. Now, the United States is in the midst of a terrible, life-and-death crisis with the virus and its health and economic effects, and the investigation machine is revving up once more.          

"It's the same old, same old," said Rep. Jim Jordan, ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee. "They never miss a beat to get political and go after the president."

By TimNew - April 4, 2020, 7:56 a.m.
Like Reply

No one is working harder than Dems to get Trump re-elected.  He was doing poorly in the polls prior to the impeachment.   The stimulus debate catapulted him up to near 50/50. This investigation will likely put it squarely through  the goal posts.  I am grateful to the dems, and that is not affected by the fact they have no idea what they are doing.   That's nothing new.

They are making Trump look relatively good..  :-)