Oil Rallies On Small Crude Inventory Build
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 20, 2020, 11:32 a.m.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Oil-Rallies-On-Small-Crude-Inventory-Build.html?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=vwo_notification_1582237237&_p_c=1

As the effect of the coronavirus epidemic begins to recede and oil prices start to recover, the Energy Information Administration reported a crude oil inventory build of 400,000 barrels for the week to February 14, hardly affecting the tentative bullishness.

Comments
By wglassfo - Feb. 21, 2020, 5:13 a.m.
Like Reply

I am going to be the contraian view point and say oil will drop into 40 perhaps as low as high 30

We know china is not up to speed and will not for some time

The supply chain has not hit the west but it will

Oil demand means cars, trucks air planes all kinds of transportation to  and from china and within china will not restart for some time, months more likely unless workers are ordered back to work Airplanes flying into and out of china may not resume for a normal schedule for a full yr

Oil is also a major factor in turning raw material into steel,  all sorts of building materials

With china demand at 20 % of world demand nobody can expect china to just resume manufacturing and travel in a short time

Oil demand will fall off a cliff

Time will tell but that is MHO

By Richard - Feb. 21, 2020, 7:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Without putting a time frame on it, I'll bet you $1 that we trade Over $100 before trading BELOW $45.

By wglassfo - Feb. 21, 2020, 11:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I will take that bet of 1 dollar CAD

I mean what is a patriot unless I bet CAD

By Richard - Feb. 23, 2020, 11:07 p.m.
Like Reply

$1 CAD above $100.00 before below $45.00

By Jim_M - Feb. 24, 2020, 12:35 p.m.
Like Reply

I read an article that Russia consistently pumps just above their quota.  Sooner or later Saudi is going to get tired of it and turn on the spigots.  They have threatened that in the past.  They will only play the patsy for so long.

By Richard - Feb. 24, 2020, 2:16 p.m.
Like Reply

retest of the recent lows is complete.