Exports Feb. 18, 2020
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 18, 2020, 1:38 p.m.
Comments
By wglassfo - Feb. 18, 2020, 11:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Couple things to think about

1: Notice the increase in wheat, although the other grains, not so much

I am sure most of you have heard about the locust in Africa. Well: It seems they can eat a lot and need to move to keep feeding on crops

These locusts have moved through south east Asia and are now on the border of china

Monday rice, cotton and I think wheat were up sharply on china exchanges

I think rice and cotton up the limit but maybe not

2: You won't see it on this link but china is importing USA pork and live chicken

We know china lost a huge number of hog numbers but it seems bird flu which there seems to be more than one strain, one of which can be transmitted to humans is devastating china  and Asian poultry [chickens]

And of coarse the lost animals because  nobody was allowed to go and feed then. Now that is down right cruel but that is also the china way of things

So: Even though china says it may not [read will not] live up to it's commitments on Deal version 1, china is importing meat from the USA which in turn gives us a market for grain, although the increased demand for grain feed won't show up for some time.

Just so you know, our location has a strong corn basis as does many other locations

I talked to my buyer today and she said Mich had a reduced corn crop or at least she is having increased difficulty sourcing corn from Mich which is our closest competitor

I sold some old crop and new crop corn today

Hey folks:

What about the increased activity of volcanos in the world plus the smoke cloud from Australia. Will that decrease the amount of sun light for crops in parts of the world 

By metmike - Feb. 21, 2020, 2:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Export sales........delayed 1 day because of Presidents Day:

https://apps.fas.usda.gov/export-sales/highlite.htm

By metmike - Feb. 21, 2020, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

@kannbwx

Aside from #corn and #soyoil, U.S. export sales were not impressive last week. This was one of the lightest selling week for #soybeans so far in 19/20, and #China bought a negligible amount. Soyoil sales have been booming in the last few weeks.