It’s not absurd to imagine Trump igniting a second Civil War
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - June 4, 2018, 5:35 p.m.

Imagine that an impeachment resolution against Trump passes the House. Trump claims it’s the work of the “deep state.” Fox News’s Sean Hannity demands every honest patriot take to the streets. Rightwing social media call for war. As insurrection spreads, Trump commands the armed forces to side with the “patriots.”

Or it’s November 2020 and Trump has lost the election. He charges voter fraud, claiming that the “deep state” organized tens of millions of illegal immigrants to vote against him, and says he has an obligation not to step down. Demonstrations and riots ensue. Trump commands the armed forces to put them down.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/not-absurd-imagine-trump-igniting-second-civil-war-heres/

Comments
By mojo - June 4, 2018, 8:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Yep, I do indeed. It was an astute observation.

By mcfarm - June 4, 2018, 9:29 p.m.
Like Reply

You deep thinkers might also recall it was Trump who said he would gladly accept the results of the election......and who was it that said she would not???? Wow just wow you guys are nuts

By metmike - June 5, 2018, 12:23 a.m.
Like Reply

mojo,

I deleted your post that expresses a desire for the CIA to "bump off" the president of the United States. 

Your negativity,  expressing how much you despise Trump constantly makes me cringe personally but will allow posting on the topic. 

However,  it's unacceptable on this forum to wish for Trump to be assasinated. 

By mcfarm - June 5, 2018, 7:05 a.m.
Like Reply

oh yes it surely "could be"...if you want to make that argument about accepting the election results how could escape the fact that it should be made about hil not trump? You are nuts and 1/2

By mcfarm - June 5, 2018, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

well how about an explanation then?

By metmike - June 5, 2018, 9:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Vandy,

I welcome everybody's opinion on everything and will probably be more tolerant of those that disagree with me. 

If mcfarm was posting about Obama in similar fashion, my response would be the same and I would cringe just as much personally because messages filled with hate are against my strong desire to help make the world an honest and better place.

By metmike - June 5, 2018, 11:23 a.m.
Like Reply

"Metmike, if this is not what you are talking about--comparing Trump to Obama, then I do not get your point."

Vandy,

There are numerous elements that define a post. One can be whether it is factual or not. Another can be the tone. Another can be the intent. Another can be the language used. Another the value of the information. 

A post can be steller in 4 out of those 5 categories but still fail with regards to being acceptable if it blatantly violates the other category.

I am NOT scrutinizing mojo's posts(or yours or mcfarms) for accuracy. Most of this political stuff is opinion and I am not metSnopes. However, bashing relentlessly, whether it be directed at Trump or Obama carries with it a limit/tolerance of how far you can go. 

I am being much more tolerant than what a couple of posters have suggested that I be. However, for bashing  directed personally at another poster, the bar is set higher. 

As always, this is a judgment call and there is a 0% chance that everybody will agree with everything. 

I unbanned our loose cannon, mojo which has stirred things up a bit. mojo can still be banned again(as can anybody) if they get so out of control that metmike feels that they are hurting the forum. 

My view is that mojo represents the voice of  millions of people obsessed with hating Trump. MarketForum is not Fox News or CNN that try to spin everything and filter out everything that they don't want their viewers to see/hear. 

When this message of hate gets too extreme(suggesting assasination of Trump) I will be the filter that reigns it in.................hopefully, without having to take the extreme measure of blocking more and more of  it out.

vandy,

For the most part, nothing that you are doing or saying seems to be at risk but I would like for you to stop making reference to the female genitalia................even though it is a rock solid fact that Trump did it. 

Another example of one element that defines a post overwhelming the authentic fact(s) in that post. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After more thought on it, I would appreciate you agreeing in this thread, to no longer using a reference to the P word. If I see it in any of your posts, those posts will be deleted immediately. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will hopefully be getting a chance to spend more time developing the NTR forum, especially when we make it more accessible. The way it is now, you have to know its here already and then scroll way down to get there.  I have suggested we identify it clearly at the top and have a button that transports us instantly to NTR-land.,