Mulvaney Admits Trump's Quid Pro Quo
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Oct. 17, 2019, 10:25 p.m.

Most corrupt president ever.  And I'm only talking about the stuff he is admitting to in broad daylight.

Who knows what's underneath it all.

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 18, 2019, 12:08 a.m.
Like Reply

You fell for another whopper joj.

Let me assist you in adjusting your statement to the truth.

"The dems and MSM falsely claim that Mulvaney admits Trump's Quid Pro Quo"

I listened to his original statement. He never said that.

This is what he says:

Mulvaney: “Once again, the media has decided to misconstrue my comments to advance a biased and political witch hunt against President Trump. Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election," Mulvaney noted. "The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server. The only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support from other nations and concerns over corruption."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mulvaney-admits-quid-pro-quo-military-aid-withheld/story?id=66353143

Let me guess, you will believe what the MSM tells you to believe about what Mulvaney says and not what Mulvaney actually says.

I think that if the MSM and dems told you guys that it was sunny outside and to make sure you put on plenty of sunscreen.............during a heavy thunderstorm, you would put on the sunscreen, go outside, getting soaking wet and  worry about whether you have enough sunscreen on to protect yourself from the fake sunshine.

By wglassfo - Oct. 18, 2019, 2:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi MM

That reply made me laugh out loud

We need to recognize the funniest reply to a post, some how

Your post gets a 10 out of 10

By metmike - Oct. 18, 2019, 3:45 a.m.
Like Reply

Glad I was able to brighten up your night Wayne!

By TimNew - Oct. 18, 2019, 3:48 a.m.
Like Reply

MM,  you continue to believe your lying eyes and ears!! 

Next,  you'll be tellin us that Trump did not say "Nazis are fine people".

By joj - Oct. 18, 2019, 6:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

Simple question.  Someone points a gun at your head and says:  

"To save you life tell me which of these statements is true.

1)  Trump was concerned about corruption in Ukraine and that is why the military sales were held up.

2)  Trump used the sales as leverage to get dirt on the Biden family."

Don't bother me with how biased you think the news coverage is.  Just save your life.

By TimNew - Oct. 18, 2019, 6:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Now,  I'll put a gun to your head and ask..

"Is a politically motivated action/investigation illegal/unconstitutional? "

If you answer yes,  nearly the entire dem congress and its leadership is guilty of multiple counts.

If you answer no, then Trump is off the hook.

By TimNew - Oct. 18, 2019, 7:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Let me modify.  Yes or no Trump is off the hook.  If no, he's in the clear. If yes, there's no investigation/impeachment.  

By joj - Oct. 18, 2019, 8:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I understand that you are ok with going to a foreign country and asking for dirt on a political opponent.  

Never mind whether it was with or without a quid pro quo.

Never mind that Trump's story about it all keeps changing as the truth emerges.

You are in the minority on that and I'll bet a dollar to a donut (how much are donuts these days?) that even THIS conservative supreme court will rule against Trump if it comes to that.

By TimNew - Oct. 18, 2019, 9:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Oh,  there are certainly potential questions regarding the ethics,  but not the legality.  Your selective interpretation of the law is duly noted for it's consistency.  I'll name several examples of your side of the aisle doing exactly the same.  But of course,  you'll likely exclaim "But that's different".  You've shown steadfast support for the dems asking foreign entities for dirt on Trump, where oddly,  it turned out there was none.

Being In the minority does not make one automatically wrong, and please site the specific grounds  the "conservative" supreme court will use to make a ruling against Trump for asking a foreign country to investigate potential wrong doings of US citizens.   

Now,  I can find a few arguments against the US launching an investigation into wrong doing by a US citizen on foreign soil based on assorted tenants of international law, and I believe it would violate specific terms of an existing treaty with the Ukraine...  But asking a foreign government to look into such?   Nope.  And neither can you, using existing real world law.

By metmike - Oct. 18, 2019, 3:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

Simple question.  Someone points a gun at your head and says:  

"To save you life tell me which of these statements is true.

1)  Trump was concerned about corruption in Ukraine and that is why the military sales were held up.

2)  Trump used the sales as leverage to get dirt on the Biden family."

Don't bother me with how biased you think the news coverage is.  Just save your life.

1. I don't need a gun pointed at my head to tell the truth.

2. The military money went out WITHOUT anything coming in return from the Ukraine, which busts that evidence of it being Quid Pro Quo. 

3. Schiff had the whistle blower report in hand for a month(and lied about having it) I speculate that he was waiting for the Ukraine to find dirt on Biden, then the money would flow and he could bust Trump. Instead, he got busted for lying and it showed no Quid PRo Quo evidence because the money was released without an act to reciprocate. . The leaders of the Ukraine  insists no pressure.  https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-01/former-ukrainian-president-poroshenko-trump

4. The president has the authority, legality and obligation to investigate corruption in another country if it affects the US. 

5. I have stated this several times. President Trump did clearly pursue this particular corruption/scandal investigation with more gusto because it was an opponent. 100% chance of that. Are we saying that he is only allowed to per sue investigations into republicans?  If not, then he did not break any laws. Ironically, look at the massive investigations, one after the other of him from the democrats that are 100% political...........then, they claim "Trump is not allowed to do what we've been doing for 3 years!!"  Since there was no Quid Pro Quo based on the statements of everybody that matters legally in this case..........there is no crime(other than the one made up by those trying to frame him again).

The most amazing thing of all is the free pass being given to Biden and the MSM saying there is no evidence of wrong doing.  Depends on what you call evidence. 

Analogy: Let's say it's the middle of july and we've had a long drought. Every lawn in Hunter Bidens neighborhood is brown/dead but the city has told residents that there is a ban on watering/irrigating until it rains, so they can't water.

However,  Hunter Biden's  lawn is lush green and growing fast. He claims that isolated showers hit just his house at night when everybody else was sleeping.

The water department decides to do an investigation but the lead investigator gets fired and Joe Biden brags about firing the guy.

Then,  the MSM and dems insist that Joe and Hunter did nothing wrong and there is no evidence.

Maybe not. Maybe Hunter has zoysia grass that is drought tolerant and that explains it.  but the fact remains his grass got really green somehow and unless you investigate, you can't pretend to know how that happened and having a green lawn, IS in fact evidence of potentially breaking the water ban law. 

By metmike - Oct. 18, 2019, 9:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Rick Perry speaks out after resigning as Trump's energy secretary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcBZRmfQ5W0

Insists there was no Quid Pro Quo, never any mention of Biden in discussions with Ukraine and his resignation had nothing to do with Ukraine.

Perry was supposedly Trumps operative acting to arrange the Quid Pro Quo. 

By metmike - Oct. 18, 2019, 9:39 p.m.
Like Reply

This is getting interesting and it appears that now, they are changing the story line since it's obvious there is and was no Quid Pro Quo related to Biden and him trying to dig up dirt on a political opponent in 2020.

If I have this right, it seems that President Trump was actually talking about the 2016 election in the phone call and not the 2020 election.

Surprise!

From CNN:

Here's the key passage -- where Trump asks Zelensky for a "favor":

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people ... The server, they say Ukraine has it."

What is Trump talking about? Good question!

At issue is how US law enforcement handled the Democratic National Committee server, which was hacked by the Russians during the 2016 election. A company called Crowdstrike, which runs cybersecurity investigations for the US government, was called in by the DNC to handle the server. Eventually, the FBI looked at the imaged copies of the DNC server -- essentially an electronic copy of everything that was on the server -- as the feds conducted their own investigation.

The fact that the FBI didn't look at the actual, physical server -- although it was no different than the imaged copy created by Crowdstrike -- has led some conspiracy theorists to suggest that the "real" server has been secreted away somewhere. LIke Ukraine! Why Ukraine? Because there is a rumor -- a wrong one -- circulating around the Internet that the founder of Crowdstrike is Ukrainian. He is not; he is a Russian-born American citizen. What Trump was pushing then is this July call with the President of the Ukraine was -- and is -- a double debunked conspiracy theory based on his personal belief that something weird happened with the DNC's physical server, which was never turned over to the FBI. "

Don't miss the totally debunked conspiracy theory Donald Trump pushed in the Ukraine call

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/crowdstrike-donald-trump-ukraine/index.html

metmike: So whether its a debunked conspiracy theory or not, the phone call that the whistle blower filed the complaint over was not even about Biden.......it was about corruption tied to the 2016 election!