china
7 responses | 1 like
Started by mcfarm - Oct. 11, 2019, 5:01 p.m.

funny have not seen a single apology to our President for all the hateful, awful untrue things blasted his way the last several months over China. Seems corn went up 18 cents today, beans 11, dow about 500 and a big part was a preliminary del with guess who?  China. Guess I will go check cnn, msnbc, the nytimes and all the other doubters maybe they are busy writing an apology

Comments
Re: china
0 likes
By wglassfo - Oct. 11, 2019, 11:15 p.m.
Like Reply

I did a tip of the hat to you and said I was wrong about china

However I can't find where I posted it so let me be the 1st to say it. here and now

Well done mcfarm

You stuck to your guns and it looks like you were correct

If my info is correct the news was released after the close of the market

So: Why??  if market was closed

If it really was china, the info I read is huge for Ag commodities. Seems it was Ag commodities 1st and then technology

Double digit corn is huge if it really was china. Did word leak?? I dunno and don't really care. A deal is a deal

I am sure we will hear more details, as time goes past

Well done mcfarm and everybody who believed in Trump

0 likes
By metmike - Oct. 12, 2019, 9:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Trump announces "phase one" trade deal reached with China

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-china-trade-trump-meets-with-chinese-vice-premier-liu-he-today-2019-10-11-live-updates/

mcfarm,

This is what I've been saying would have to happen. There was never a chance that some sort of deal would not be made.

Trump is all about making deals and he was always going to make the best one possible with China before the election to increase his chances of winning.

It's always been inconceivable that Trump, going into the 2020 election would leave the China situation unresolved. This, by itself would cost him many millions of votes.

Now that the dems are getting more traction in their 2+ year attempts at trying to overturn the last election, he is more motivated to make the deal sooner. ......to preserve the results of the 2016 election as well as helping him in 2020.

So instead of tightening the screws to get a better deal down the road in the negotiation, he should be ready to start making the deals with concessions.......which is exactly what this appears to be. 

Re: Re: china
0 likes
By mcfarm - Oct. 12, 2019, 10 a.m.
Like Reply

yes Wayne as I have said for months this fight had to be fought. Took balls of steel to do it. No thanks to all the sphaggetti spined congress members WHO RAN FROM THE BATTLE SCREAMING "ITS TOO HARD" you are a man of integrity Wayne to stand up and admit Trump could do it...maybe more will come out but there are few like you.

By mcfarm - Oct. 12, 2019, 6:43 p.m.
Like Reply

MM, do not know what kind of concessions were made. This phase one, phase 2 stuff may be part of a concession just to separate out some sticking points and make progress. All I know until more details come out {and I do not mean leaks on cnn and other msm Trump bashers} I mean fact about the deal. Would be really surprised if Trump does not go the RR road and demand trust only with verification. He seems really serious and has pretty much stood his ground in front withering criticism

speaking of ...saw a report on Tucker the other nite. Seems cnn used the word "racist" with Trump bashing more than 4100 times in a 2 week period in July....yes sure JOJ, crap like that is entirely fair , right? The they went on to "the end is near" or the WH is in crisis" or more Watergate similarities" or....or ...or

0 likes
By cliff-e - Oct. 12, 2019, 9 p.m.
Like Reply
Re: Re: china
0 likes
By mcfarm - Oct. 13, 2019, 7:48 a.m.
Like Reply

so some guy come along and declares "tariff's could cost Midwest a few billion'  and the country 231b in on paragraph. Where does he declare the trillions that  China has crewed Americans out of? And where does he discuss the trillions in  trade both countries benefit from when we sign a deal and stop the cheating. Typical spoiled easterner not willing to fight America and hope the rest of us give up also

0 likes
By wglassfo - Oct. 13, 2019, 12:40 p.m.
Like Reply

I listened to the entire press release with Trump and china plus advisors present. It was a fairly long presentation and lots of questions. A lot of ground was covered in this phase one agreement, and was much more detailed, down to the finer points, so you and I could understand, thus the reason why it took so long, especially with so many questions from reporters

Both Trump and china made statements about phase one and the fact agreement has been reached and now it has to be put on paper and signed

Both sides agreed most of it was already in writing and agreement, with china giving Trump a summary two pages long in front of all the world to see.

One of many questions asked was about enforcement

Both Trump and china stated enforcement had already been discussed and china said they wanted enforcement as much as Trump did

I suspect china does not want any surprise tariffs and Trump wants technology enforcement so everybody has  a reason to keep the deal, as agreed

Phase two and also phase three seems to be a bit vague at this time so who knows but the big thing was china wanted to end this trade war with honour and as they said a win-win for everybody

Remebeer when I said china puts a huge value on "saving face"

Well it seems china sees this agreement as "saving face" for them as the tariff increase will not happen, and they have also got agreement on FX values which china did not want a weaker currency. They could see long term, a weaker currency was not in their best economic interest.

China also said this was more than just china and the USA but also world trade and peace. I suspect they are looking at the EU as a trading partner, with their silk road project.

I know words can be cheap but china sure looked to me as if they really needed a deal as much as did Trump. Key word meaning "china needed a deal" sooner than later or else they would have waited for the 2020 election. Also looked to me as if Trump let his advisors do the work and he stayed in the back ground when everybody got around the table, [which I think was the best  thing for Trump to do]

As for Ag commodities Trump said 16 billion was the most china had ever bought from the USA, during yrs past. He kept saying 40-50 billion of commodity sales, which everybody knows is impossible, in one yr.

However, china did say they had already booked enough imports to bring the total for this yr, as of now, up to a total of 20 billion of imports from the USA, surpassing the old record of 16 billion of sales to china.  Most of this buying happened in the past couple of weeks. Trump was aware of the recent china purchases. Obviously they are buying before the price goes up, but who cares?? China needs food. We know they have a shortage of protein, buying every available source of protein until not much was left for sale. Remember the donkeys in Kenya??? Those of us with commodities to sell will profit when price goes up, but finance was also a big deal for the USA. As per this agreement, banks, credit cards etc can enter china with out all the red tape. It seemed to me all the major topics of trade were discussed and enough agreement had been reached that both sides decided a press conference was needed to settle down world trade and world peace was also tossed out as something everybody wanted. China had a lot they wanted and it seemed to me that most of what china wanted, the USA was willing to concede, with out, obviously, giving the store away. Nobody makes a deal and gets everything they want. This looked to me as if both sides could live with the agreement, especially listening to china speak and questions from china reporters at the press conference.

Trump got the glory but other people did the work which fits his style

Now we see if words become action which I think both sides really want