Beto thinks you have a right to live near your work... But not to bear arms?
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Sept. 17, 2019, 10:03 a.m.

And rich people should be forced to live among the poor...   I'm not making this up.  Really.

Now, can someone explain to me, "Your inalienable right to live close to work"?  Forget the constitutions..   Just explain the basic natural law, based on reasoning and fairness.

These people are completely off the rails.    I don't even know what to say.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-claims-living-close-to-work-is-a-right

“Living close to work shouldn't be a luxury for the rich,” the former Texas congressman tweeted Monday. “It's a right for everyone.”

Comments
By mcfarm - Sept. 17, 2019, 10:26 a.m.
Like Reply

beto is a trust fund baby with the intellect of a goat. He also is an elite who would tell us all how to live, what to eat,what to drive, when to go and where but then live inside guarded walls in a exclusive neighborhood and jet around the country in  private planes. This country should be so over pols like him

By TimNew - Sept. 17, 2019, 11:12 a.m.
Like Reply

I've heard a lot of nonsense from both parties over the years.  I'll admit, from my frame of reference, more from the left than the right.  But this one is out of the park.

Can anyone please tell me how and/or why, your proximity to your job is any business of the federal government in any way?  How are they to decide when you are the right distance?  Any why would they be better able to judge such a thing?

By metmike - Sept. 17, 2019, 2:01 p.m.
Like Reply

It's obvious that they are just making up alot of stuff up that makes no sense at all that they think will generate votes.

Here's the scary thing..........for me at least.

If I had to pick between all the current candidates running for the democratic nomination and Hillary Clinton, I would vote for Clinton. 

Despite her being the most corrupt politician in history  and me greatly disliking her and many of her policies at least she is qualified and connected to the real world.

By TimNew - Sept. 17, 2019, 3:14 p.m.
Like Reply

I have to reluctantly agree,  but only because the bar is sooo  freekin low.

By mcfarm - Sept. 17, 2019, 3:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I would of picked Biden but this summer he has proven himself to be nearly senile and that is not a joke. This latest rambling story about this dude named cornpop has got to be the strangest thing ever. Now since Biden is gone around the bend I would just sty home and hope for the best.

By TimNew - Sept. 17, 2019, 4:02 p.m.
Like Reply

I may have voted for JFK.  Pretty sure, were he to run today,  I'd give him serious consideration. Of course today,  his fiscal policies would make him unacceptable to the dems, so likely he'd run as IND or PUB.

But,  I've never voted for a dem presidential candidate and I don't think this election is likely to change that.

By mcfarm - Sept. 17, 2019, 4:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes for sure every year that goes by JFK just keeps drifting to the right and we know why that is true