Trump being Trump
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Sept. 13, 2019, 3:45 p.m.

I think many on this forum think Trump has one thing holding him back. His behavior. He in a Peggy Noonan world is not "Presidential" That was a debate today on our local radio show. I think MM and others would agree that if Trump was more "Presidential" the libs would have no chance. Period, race is over. 

Major problem arises. Trump was elected  because of who he is. Is he to change to pacify the soft right like Noonan and George Will? Why would he? Why should he? He is what he is and he beat odds that even Ali did not face against Liston. {although the mob contends to this day that Liston thru both Ali fights} and have much data to prove it.

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 13, 2019, 4:21 p.m.
Like Reply

No, Trump Rallies Didn't Increase Hate Crimes by 226 Percent

In fact, they didn’t have any detectable impact at all.

https://reason.com/2019/09/06/no-trump-rallies-didnt-increase-hate-crimes-by-226-percent/

The 'Hate Trump' agenda by the Democrats has gone way too far

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/456427-the-hate-trump-agenda-by-the-democrats-has-gone-way-too-far

Democrats hate Trump more than they hate racism

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/democrats-hate-trump-more-than-they-hate-racism

The Real Reason They Hate Trump  

He’s the average American in exaggerated form—blunt, simple, willing to fight, mistrustful of intellectuals.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-real-reason-they-hate-trump-1540148467

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2019, 5:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I get asked (sometimes here) "How can somebody like you,  vote for somebody like Trump??" by people that know me..........my messages of truth, honor,  love, devoting my life to making the world a better place.......volunteering my time to help the less fortunate or develop young minds. Somebody that practices environmentalism.

I have tried to explain that I'm a scientist that votes based on facts. When I read a scientific paper or see a study/data, for instance, I  let the empirical data and truth of the science have all the impact, discarding preconceived notions as much as possible and not caring about the source.

With regards to Trump. He is one of the most unlikeable people that I know. And his personality flaws grossly violate what I consider being acceptable for personal behavior involving interactions with other human beings. I would never want such a person for a friend. He is so very, very easy to hate, in fact, it's hard NOT to hate him for this reason.

But fortunately, the emotion HATE does not equate in my being. This, in combination with being a scientist that sees facts, makes it even easier to separate myself from the emotions which President Trump stirs up in others. 

Trumps agenda is light years better than anybody else. He's the only leader that is HONEST about the climate accord. Alot of his agenda's are honest and based on inconvenient truths but almost always based on facts.

As an OBJECTIVE scientist that can't hate anybody, how can I not support him?

I could ask my own question to those that can't understand my reasoning but I know some of the answers.

Why do you hate Donald Trump with such passion that it completely blinds you?

1. It's human nature to hate a mean person

2. Everything that comes from the MSM teaches us to hate him. Anybody that states otherwise is in denial. None of us can personally cover news stories and events. We all rely on news organizations/journalists to do their jobs...........covering and reporting and interpreting news. We hear what THEY tell us. When it comes to Trump, they intentionally spin the news so that it discredits him and causes us to hate him.

So maybe the answer to the question is:

"Why wouldn't you hate Donald Trump?"

Here's the defining element for me on this that was learned a couple decades ago. The emotion, HATE eats away at the person who feels that way and is the most destructive emotion of all.

These counterproductive emotions and effect cannot be overstated with regards to Trump. People hate him so much, that they actually want his MAGA policies to fail and  America to fail. They celebrate bad economic news for instance because Trump will get blamed. They  take the opposite side of many of his positions(a tactic of the democrats)  because they are Trump's positions.

Since Trumps positions are designed to benefit most Americans(my conclusion) these people are against America......not intentionally but because that's the sort of thing that hating somebody causes you do to. 

You can't just compartmentalize hate sometimes. When you cheer for bad stuff to happen to somebody that you hate, the hate grows.  You can spend 4 years hating somebody more and more and how does that empower you?

You still get just 1 vote in November 2020.

The MSM on the other hand can influence tens of millions of votes with their blatant hate Trump reporting. This is why I'm constantly calling them out for abusing their responsibility as professional journalists as they they act as political activists and hate mongers.

By mcfarm - Sept. 13, 2019, 5:56 p.m.
Like Reply

well said MM...but, but   should ?Trump change? Would Americans thinks its fake to change now at this late date?  And don't be so hard on the MSM's, they only report over 95 % negative on Trump....is that out of balance?

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2019, 7:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump can't ever change mcfarm, 

No doubt that he's been given advice by hundreds or more of people that would know, what it takes to win elections by getting people to like you......which is the key to winning for most politicians.

He has shown some control at times and when he reads a  good speech from a teleprompter is at his best, which is when he plays the role of the politician. For other politicians, this role defines them the rest of the time to. For Trump, outside of those times he is unpredictable and sometimes combustible and mean. 

I never watched his tv show, the apprentice that made him so popular before being elected, so I might not be right but got the impression that he was a  cut throat sort of guy that fired good people that just were not good enough........that was the object of the show. Half, or however many the show decided of the people got fired and no doubt there must have been some very competent people getting canned because their competition was even more competent....based on Trump's judgment(I think).

Funny how in real life he has fired more people than any other president(I think).

The most ethical president in my life time(maybe in history), Jimmy Carter, who I liked personally more than any president, fired his entire cabinet in one day, which is an interesting historical fact(aberration really) 

In 1979, the president axed 6 cabinet members in one day, citing American ‘fragmentation’

The dismissals sunk Jimmy Carter’s chances of re-election

https://timeline.com/in-1979-the-president-axed-6-cabinet-members-in-one-day-citing-american-fragmentation-6e916a8da613

Of all the 44 presidents that came before Trump, I would say that Carter is close to being the most opposite of him. For sure with regards to character and close to it with regards to policies(which is what got Reagan elected).

I worked in television during the last several years of Reagan(11 years as chief meteorologist), when the media's liberal bias was not as extreme and certainly did not come out in their reporting as much....but the bias was there for sure. I was a very liberal democrat in those days too but remember our democratic biased news director, Jon Ester's comments when he was listening to Reagan speeches. "How can you not like this guy!" "How can you not like this guy!"

With Trump, I can imagine what his words would be today "How can you not hate this guy!"

I am not saying that everybody who doesn't support Trump hates him. Just that many tens of millions of people really do hate him. I understand why and know that nothing I say here will ever change that one iota.........which is not my objective(I know for a fact that I have changed some minds on the fake climate crisis and know I can use authentic science to change more minds but really don't care on Trump-other than to expose the MSM for being hate mongers and dishonest with regards to him).

So I accept the human nature reasoning/position of those that hate Trump and would only ask that those people accept my position of NOT hating Trump for the reasons that I provided which allows me to see his agenda and not let the bad person get in the way.

By mcfarm - Sept. 13, 2019, 7:58 p.m.
Like Reply

oddly enough I think the Bushes would closely be aligned with Carter. Although hated by the media those 2 men showed as much grace under fire as I think is humanly possible. Bet the WH staff would confirm they never worked for more courteous caring people than The Bushes

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2019, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, the Bushes are a wonderful family!