Ocasio-Cortez ties climate change to Hurricane Dorian
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Sept. 4, 2019, 2:38 a.m.

Ocasio-Cortez ties climate change to Hurricane Dorian damage in Bahamas: 'This is what climate change looks like'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/aoc-hurricane-dorian

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez                    @AOC         

This is what climate change looks like: it hits vulnerable communities first.

I can already hear climate deniers screeching: “It’s always been like this! You’re dim,” etc.

No. This is about science & leadership. We either decarbonize&cut emissions, or we don’t & let people die. 

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 4, 2019, 2:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Told you they would do it!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: This day in history August 17, 2019-hurricanes            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/37086/#37090

By metmike - Aug. 17, 2019, 4:54 p.m.            

"Why am I mentioning that these record hurricanes and record hurricane seasons occurred during global cooling?

Because later this year, when the 2019 hurricane season picks up, like it always does every year,  if we have any major hurricanes, you WILL be told erroneously by the MSM that global warming and climate change are causing hurricanes to get worse.

This will be more fake news about the fake climate crisis. We are having a climate optimum."

By metmike - Sept. 4, 2019, 2:44 a.m.
Like Reply

A signal of climate change: Hurricane Dorian stalls over Bahamas, causing massive destruction

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/hurricane-dorian-stalls-in-bahamas-signaling-a-climate-change-impact.html

By metmike - Sept. 4, 2019, 2:46 a.m.
Like Reply
By wxgrant - Sept. 5, 2019, 5:49 p.m.
Like Reply

I just read the CNBC article and wow there is a lot of bad information. "The strongest storms on record in both hemispheres" have occurred in recent years. Hmmm...1979 1975 1983 1958 1973 1978 1966 1984 1961 2005. Those are the years the top ten storms occurred by pressure. The lower the pressure, the stronger the storm. I will always be a firm believer that pressure it the true measurement of strength not to mention many of the very high wind estimates have never truly been measured. 

By GunterK - Sept. 5, 2019, 8:05 p.m.
Like Reply

you guys need to stop ridiculing AOC. She clearly stated that proper leadership is needed to bring about all these changes....

Vote Democrat in 2020!

And for those who vote Democrat in 2020, everyone will get to take home a free electric car.

With AOC's kind of leadership, we can promise you a future without hurricanes, without floods, without droughts.

Vote Democrat in 2020, and, we will finally get rid of the Border Patrol and those brutal ICE officers. We will no longer have borders. Everyone is welcome to join us. There will be some 600 mill new arrivals here in the US, and we can offer everyone free food, free housing, free everything!  

Go, AOC, go!

By metmike - Sept. 5, 2019, 11:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Well stated from an experienced  meteorologist with tropical expertise!