Where were you 50 yrs ago?
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by pj - July 21, 2019, 1:20 a.m.

Seems most remember where they were when the moon landing took place.

I was on the Jersey Shore. Watched it in a bar.

Where were you?

Comments
By TimNew - July 21, 2019, 7:59 a.m.
Like Reply

In my living room in Kenmore, NY, a little suburb of 14k on the northern border of Buffalo with family and friends. 

By carlberky - July 21, 2019, 8:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Glued to the TV, watching with my wife and five year old daughter in Reseda, Ca.

By madmechanic - July 21, 2019, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

With me (unfortunately) being only 30 years old, I wasn't even a thought on my dad or mom's mind. In fact I don't think they had even met yet.   

That being said, I remember growing up, my dad had a pretty good documentary set on VHS tape that was all about the Apollo program so I certainly watched the Apollo 11 moon landing on that documentary. Not quite as exciting as watching history being made in real time but still incredible to think about.

By carlberky - July 21, 2019, 11:15 a.m.
Like Reply

I never realized till now how ugly I am, because you're so beautiful... I'm not a man! I'm not a beast! I'm about as shapeless as the man in the moon!

Quasimodo ( hunchback of notre dame )

By metmike - July 21, 2019, 3:22 p.m.
Like Reply

At 13, we were all at home, watching on our black and white tv in the Detroit area with Dad snapping numerous pictures of the tv screen using his Polaroid camera.........that we were to see a couple minutes later after they were developed.

https://petapixel.com/2015/06/11/the-history-and-magic-of-instant-photography/