Stripped of her title....
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - July 19, 2019, 11:40 p.m.

The state of Michigan had their beauty contest, and the winner was a Chinese American lady, Miss Kathy Zhu.

This victory assured Ms Zhu a place in the Miss World America Contest…. But then, the bad news came out!

She was stripped of her title, which means she cannot represent the state of Michigan in the upcoming Miss World America contest.

Her sins are as follows:

During a photo shoot, a muslim woman tried to make her wear a hijab, and she refused!!! No need to tell you… in Michigan this is totally unacceptable… she clearly is a hateful Islamophobic.

In addition to this, it was discovered that she had tweeted about black-on-black murder rates. Good grief!!! No matter that she referred to factual statistics, you just can’t do this…this clearly makes her a racist.

However, the most horrible thing she did is this…. In 2016, she participated in a pro-Trump campaign organization! How horrible!!!  How could she?!?!?!

Didn’t she know that pro-Trump people are not welcome in MIchigan, and they certainly can't represent the state of Michigan... and, heavens forbid, maybe even represent the USA!

Found on inforwars… I know, some of you don’t like this website, 

https://www.infowars.com/chinese-immigrant-kathy-zhu-stripped-of-miss-michigan-title-after-refusing-to-wear-hijab/

but also discussed on many news media sites, such as

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-supporting-miss-michigan-stripped-of-title-162200073.html

Comments
By TimNew - July 20, 2019, 7:35 a.m.
Like Reply

Too many sources out there to dispute it regardless of the source you cite.

This is liberalism folks.  Censorship is an integral part of it.  It has to be, because liberal ideology does not stand up well to facts.   

By carlberky - July 20, 2019, 11:59 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.newsweek.com/who-kathy-zhu-trump-supporting-model-stripped-miss-michigan-title-over-racist-islamophobic-1450118

Trump-supporting Model Stripped of Miss Michigan Title Over 'Racist, Islamophobic, and Insensitive' Posts"

Zhu shared emails and text messages between her and Miss World America Michigan state director Laurie DeJack, which showed that the organization was unhappy with her online conduct.

DeJack wrote, "It has been brought to the attention of Miss World America that your social media accounts contain offensive, insensitive and inappropriate content, and in violation of MWA's Rules and Conditions, specifically the contestant requirement of 'being of good character and whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute Miss World America or any person associated with the organisation'."

Edited ... I'm done, to avoid the spinning that will shortly take place.

By TimNew - July 20, 2019, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

Of course you're done.  Who wants to defend the indefensible?

She posted stats on Black on Black crime.  How offensive..  Unacceptable to be truthful. 

She was asked to wear a hijab, she was offended and objected.  HOW DARE SHE!!!

The fact is,  if we start banning every word or deed that offends some liberal somewhere,  a lot of people will never be able to leave their house.

There is no legal protection against being offended and being offended does not automatically make one right.  Sadly, there are many who appear to believe the opposite. Granted,  her exclusion was not based on law, but on someones interpretation of "policy".  I garantee you that if she were fired from a job on that basis,  she'd have a great case for a law suit.

By GunterK - July 20, 2019, 1:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Carl, it looks like you are making my point, by referencing their rule book

"... specifically the contestant requirement of 'being of good character and whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute Miss World America or any person associated with the organisation'."

"good character" .....

a) Not willing to wear a hijab

b) making a comment about crime statistics that are known and verified

"bring the organization into disrepute" ....

we know what kind of world this organization is idolizing 

By carlberky - July 20, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Carl, it looks like you are making my point, by referencing their rule book

Not really, Gunter.

a) Not willing to wear a hijab

' ... your social media accounts contain offensive, insensitive and inappropriate content". No reference to the hijab incident.

b) making a comment about crime statistics that are known and verified.

Clearly not offensive, insensitive and inappropriate content.

Zhu only showed the posts that she wanted you to see.

Any further comments requiring me to engage in useless debates will be written with the knowledge that I AM DONE.

By TimNew - July 20, 2019, 7:15 p.m.
Like Reply

What posts have you seen, other than the ones mentioned in your article, do you find offensive?

By TimNew - July 20, 2019, 8:34 p.m.
Like Reply

BTW,  had the unfortunate "Miss America" been a member of one of the designated victims groups, we'd never have heard a word about it.   Were she Muslim or black or Hispanic, welllll, they can't be charged with racism or inappropriate or offensive statements.  

Were she to have said "White people are killing us off as they oppress us"  and she were a member of one of the "groups", she'd still be wearing her crown.  I mean,that sort of rhetoric is even OK during superbowl halftime shows. As long as......

But she's oriental..   Tough luck sweetie.