Oil
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by cliff-e - May 22, 2019, 8:35 p.m.

And yet another commodity they don't want to buy from us.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-oil-buyers-shun-u-190000152.html

Comments
Re: Oil
0 likes
By metmike - May 22, 2019, 9:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks cliff,

This is good news. I think that we can all agree that it’s great that the US can now be energy independent. However, In a world with finite supplies of fossil fuels, I have always believed that for us to be selling our limited supply(of course it’s a global market and big oil only cares about profits) is selling our future energy security.

The less we sell to China, the more we will have in 2025,2026, 2027.........2040....2050 when the world may be running low.

That’s only in this universe. 

The alternative universe, still using fossil fuels at this rate will end in 2030 according to some.

Best to prepare for this universe though and the more  cheap, efficient, reliable and precious fossil fuels we have in 10 years, the greater our energy security.

The life blood of every developed countrys economy, is its access to affordable energy. 

China, not having more access to our Precious fossil fuels sort of seems like it might be a detrimental thing for China(and big oil profits). 

Re: Re: Oil
0 likes
By carlberky - May 23, 2019, 7:47 a.m.
Like Reply

"The less we sell to China, the more we will have in 2025,2026, 2027......… 2040....2050 when the world may be running low."

Wow! Hope Russia and Saudi Arabia don't figure that out.

Re: Re: Re: Oil
0 likes
By metmike - May 23, 2019, 12:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Seriously though Carl. This is obviously a global market that has a surplus of oil in 2019. 

Peak oil is something thats been underforecast for 60 years, so there's a chance that 30 years from now, we could still have a surplus(I think abiotic oil is possible). 

However, if all the predictions are close to being true. Then oil today valued at $65 will more than likely be worth $165 or more in 20 years. In addition, energy security will be much more challenging to obtain.

Every barrel of oil that stays in the ground will only contribute more to that and be worth more monetarily. 

We don't think about things like car, cell phones, crops or whatever that all can be manufactured every year..............as many as we need, so lets sell the heck out of em.

This is NOT renewable energy. Once its gone, its gone forever, even if you can find more of it somewhere else, there will be less and less of it(unlike cars and cell phones)

By carlberky - May 23, 2019, 2:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike, 20 years ago, who could have predicted the advances technology has given us.

I fervently believe that the advances in the next 20 years will make fossil fuel as relevant as buggy whips.

By TimNew - May 24, 2019, 3:45 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree. In  20 years,  our enery picture will barely resemble  todays.