Another Thing I like About Trump
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - May 16, 2019, 7:23 a.m.

I could go on and on about all the things I dislike about Trump and the way he is ruining our country.

But today, I will mention something I REALLY like about him.  It is reported in the Washington Post today that he is resisting the march to war with Iran that Bolton and Pompeo are pushing for.  The report suggests he got angry with them for getting way ahead of the president on this.  Some minor attacks on Saudi oil vessels by allies of Iran in their proxy war in Yemen are being blamed on Iran by the White House hawks.  Trump, while blustery in his rhetoric, is showing restraint on the US habit of stupid foreign involvement.  

That is a good thing.

Comments
By carlberky - May 16, 2019, 11:25 a.m.
Like Reply

joj, what's the other thing? <G>

By joj - May 16, 2019, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Carl - I agree with Trump taking on China over theft of intellectual property.  I don’t agree with the way he is doing it.  Pulling out of TPP, which excluded China, was a mistake.  Sticking a thumb in our European allies, who would be VERY helpful in taking on China, was a mistake.  But, he is the first president to take on China.  

Now if I could only get a single conservative on MF to agree with me on ANYTHING.  G!