Covington Catholic student sues NBC, MSNBC for $275 million
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 3, 2019, 12:50 a.m.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-covington-catholic-student-third-defamation-lawsuit-20190502-bpzf42ppazfkxgnqu3s2ymjxme-story.html

“The journey for justice for Nicholas Sandmann & for media accountability continues,” attorney L. Lin Wood tweeted on Monday. “False accusers should not rest easy.”

NBCUniversal is accused of “at least 15 defamatory television broadcasts, six defamatory online articles, and many tweets falsely accusing Nicholas and his … classmates of racist acts,” according to the suit.

“In short, the false and defamatory gist of NBCUniversal’s collective reporting conveyed to its viewers and readers that Nicholas was the face of an unruly hate mob of hundreds of white racist high school students who physically assaulted, harassed, and taunted two different minority groups engaged in peaceful demonstrations, preaching, song, and prayer,” detailed a complaint issued by Sandmann’s attorneys.

[More U.S. News] Drone delivers lifesaving donor kidney to transplant recipient, a first »  

The suit calls for $200 million in punitive damages, and an additional $75 million in compensatory damages.

Citing MSNBC’s “well-known bias in favor of liberal political views and against conservative political views,” as part of the alleged agenda behind the reporting, the suit accuses NBCUniversal of having “created a false narrative.”

The MSM has for years not had any accountability when they slander and use fake news, proganda and spinning  for agenda and political objectives........so they have continued to impose their belief system on viewers with impunity.

Just look what they did to Trump for 2.5 years with regards to the fake Russian collusion story. Not only no accountability but after they get busted,  the response is to ramp up the attacks and absurdly, now claim that he committed crimes because of the illegal investigation intended to destroy him.

But now we have an attorney general that isn't part of the swamp that's going to investigate the illegal investigators.  This is a part of the reason they are trying to obliterate this good persons reputation. When the evidence that he presents about this investigation comes out..............they will claim that Barr is a corrupt puppet working to serve Trump and he made up all that stuff.

That's the ironic thing. Part of the game plan includes accusing your opponents of doing exactly what you are doing.......

If Trump was a private citizen and this happened to him(smearing, vilifying, attacking, making false allegations, using fake news for 2.5 years, destroying his credibility, accusing him of being a traitor, make him less effective, causing his approval ratings to drop) he should be suing those responsible for a stratospheric amount of money. 

But this is all lost because...........when you hate somebody, they get what they deserve which is NOT the same rights as citizens that you like. 

Comments
By metmike - May 3, 2019, 1:23 a.m.
Like Reply

The quintessential example to prove the case that the MSN's objective was character assassination of Trump:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/28/cnn-and-msnbc-made-shakedown-artist-michael-avenatti-a-household-name/

How CNN And MSNBC Made Shakedown Artist Michael Avenatti A Household Name

"Avenatti was interviewed on broadcast and cable news networks 214 times from March to November 2018"

Michael Avenatti Appeared On CNN And MSNBC Over 100 Times In 10-Week Period In 2018

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/25/avenatti-cnn-msnbc-interviews-before-indictment/

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/michael-avenatti-prison/

Michael Avenatti Faces 36 New Counts and Up to 335 Years in prison.

michael avenatti

And that's in addition to their round the clock  falsely painting Trump as a traitor and law breaker for colluding with Russia for 2.5 years. ............but mind bogglingly, millions still believe everything the MSM says about Trump and now Barr?

These people are not journalists, they're extreme activists blatantly abusing their position of power to impose their belief system on gullible viewers. 

If you disagree, explain to us, in what universe would the above stories exist and have a legit explanation different than the one I just gave. What is that explanation please?

By TimNew - May 3, 2019, 2:26 a.m.
Like Reply

I'd like to think this lawsuit could be the beginning of some sort of transition for news media..   But I've become too cynical to hope.

Maybe if such law suits become popular?   My cynicism allows me to support unbridled greed from attorneys. Where even the hint of slander could result in a minimum of a few hundred thousand in defense.

Imagine if editors started asking "Is this the truth, the whole truth?  Can we verify this with credible data and or sources?  We don't wanna get sued".

It would be another nail in the coffin of the dem party and they'd likely lose the support of trial lawyers, a current cash cow.

By metmike - May 3, 2019, 2:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Hopefully this will be a big step in the right direction Tim and set a precedent that others follow.

With regards to Avenatti, I almost forgot about his role in the smear campaign against Judge Kavanaugh.

Avenatti: Third Kavanaugh accuser will prove credible against Kavanaugh, other ‘privileged white guys’ who defend him

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/408674-michael-avenatti-julie-swetnick-will-prove-credible-against-brett-kavanaugh-and

"Julie Swetnick, the third woman to come forward publicly with sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, is willing to take a lie detector test to prove her credibility, her attorney, Michael Avenatti, said in an interview Wednesday.

"This is another strong, courageous woman who feels incredibly strong about her convictions and her allegations," Avenatti said in an exclusive interview with Hill.TV's Jamal Simmons and Krystal Ball.

"I'm looking forward to putting her credibility up against people like Donald Trump, Senator [Chuck] Grassley (R-Iowa), Brett Kavanaugh, [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), and others. All of the privileged white guys that want to come after my client and cast aspersions against her and me. I'm looking forward to doing battle with every one of them," he added.

Avenatti on Monday said he had "credible information" about further sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh."

By mcfarm - May 3, 2019, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

yes this case needed to be filed and hope they win big. This  fiasco was used as just another cheap attempt to attack Trump voters