Joe Biden on China
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 2, 2019, 11:22 a.m.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/joe-biden-drastically-downplays-china/

Joe Biden’s Wildly and Dangerously Naïve Assessment of China

"You hear pretty often that a this-or-that political figure made a shocking statement, and sometimes it’s genuinely shocking, and sometimes it’s overhyped. But former vice president Joe Biden declaring that the figures running the Chinese government are “not bad folks” and that “they’re not competition to us” has to be the most jaw-dropping assessment of a world power since Gerald Ford’s 1976 assessment that “There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe and there never will be under a Ford administration.”

Biden’s full quote:

"China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man. They can’t even figure out how to deal with the fact that they have this great division between the China Sea and the mountains in the east, I mean in the west. They can’t figure out how they are going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system. I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what, they’re not competition for us.”

A few moments earlier, Biden had bragged, “I’ve met virtually every major world leader in my role as vice president, as Foreign Relations chairman over the last 30 years.” We’re left wondering if Biden’s view of the world changed at all in the past three decades."

metmike: The reason that Biden is saying this is because he is taking all the opposite positions of Trump in order to win the anti Trump, never Trump vote, which by a very wide margin will be the biggest block of voters in the next election.

Russia is the enemy, China is not. He is saving the world from Trump and many of the world leaders have asked him to run for president to do it. Trump has an unpopular tariff war with China right now..........so Biden will have a pro China posture because its the opposite of Trump.

Whenever possible, create a distinction between what people consider a negative in Trump and what his position is.

Comments
By metmike - May 2, 2019, 11:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Bernie Sanders slams Joe Biden for downplaying China’s economic threat to the US

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/sanders-slams-bidens-china-trade-stance-in-2020-democratic-primary.html

Bernie Sanders slams Joe Biden for downplaying China’s economic threat to the US

Key Points

• Sen. Bernie Sanders takes an apparent shot at former Vice President Joe Biden over comments he made downplaying the economic threat China poses.
  • Sanders’ trade views largely align with those of President Donald Trump, who has criticized free trade deals for sapping American manufacturing jobs.
  • Mitt Romney also slammed Biden, saying that his comments  “will not age well.”
By mcfarm - May 2, 2019, 3:37 p.m.
Like Reply

to many Biden has always been a conservative middle of the road type of lib...I have usually found him wacky at best. His little get together in Iowa was an example of how embarrassing he can be. Starting and stuttering to a group of what looked like fifteen {atleast} 80 year olds......sorry that is what I saw and feel. Not to be offensive but I do not see the threat to Trump from him or any of the even more wacked out candidates. Heck there may be a real threat somewhere but the party will smother that candiadate out if he appears not of color, gender, or commy. 

By mcfarm - May 2, 2019, 6:01 p.m.
Like Reply

and to further my point of one these jokers being a Trump threat, now come Swalwell with his new huge urgent issue of the word "women" not used in out constitution....go away, please just go away you wacko