Iran.... what if? (TR)
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - April 25, 2019, 10:36 a.m.

The linked article does not flatter US foreign politics...however. it points out what could happen if the US pushes Iran too far. As we know, right now, the US (or should I say Mike Pompeo) wants to shut off all Iranian oil exports

The author believes, in a worst case scenario, oil could jump to $500/barrel or more.

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/04/24/pepe-escobar-war-on-iran-calling-americas-bluff/

In the past, I have read quite a few articles written by Pepe Escobar. They were always worthwhile reading

Comments
By metmike - April 25, 2019, 1:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter. Oil prices anywhere close to that high would be catastrophic for all world economies and trigger a widespread global depression.

I imagine that demand would plunge well before we got that high(other than some freaky, brief spike).

By Richard - April 25, 2019, 3:50 p.m.
Like Reply

It is not a what if but when. I have been buying WOMO a few times over the past 8 years and I am doing it again now. I like the sept 100 calls for 2 ticks and if we get the decline I have been looking for, maybe even 1 tick. Plan on grabbing 100 of these options. I have 20 so far. just 80 more to go. Trump is purposely pushing Iran. he wants a war with Iran and he needs to do it and get it over with in time for Nov 2020 elections. Looking for 200 to 225 oil at the peak in 2020 and then a move lower, some basing and then a move back up to $350 later in the next decade. People are going to be F* up with gasoline over $10. Trump will most likely loose in Nov 2020. A very sad day for America.

By GunterK - April 25, 2019, 4:17 p.m.
Like Reply

you wrote "...Trump is purposely pushing Iran. he wants a war with Iran ..."

I believe, the people he has surrounded himself with (like Pompeo) are the real problem. Pres Trump started out on a different note (such as creating a mutually respectful relationship with Russia), but things have changed.

By Richard - April 25, 2019, 4:48 p.m.
Like Reply

I need to clarify my statement. Trump DOES NOT WANT WAR, but he is not an idealist, he is a compromiser and negotiator and he has made a deal with the Devil and part of this deal is, he needs to have a war with Iran. So Now he has agreed to it and now he reluctantly wants war with Iran. But the deal he made and all the details are pointless, we are getting a war very soon. WW3 will be great for Traders, everyone else, not so much.