Not "Smart Enough"
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 15, 2019, 3:53 p.m.

Sarah Sanders: Democratic Lawmakers Not "Smart Enough" To Understand Trump's Tax Returns

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/14/sarah_sanders_democratic_lawmakers_not_smart_enough_to_understand_trumps_tax_returns.html

"White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Sunday on "Fox News Sunday" with Chris Wallace that members of Congress who are pushing for the release of President Donald Trump’s tax returns are not "smart enough" to understand them."

"I don't think Congress, particularly not this group of congressmen and women, are smart enough to look through the thousands of pages that I would assume that President Trump's taxes will be," she said. "My guess is most of them don't do their own taxes and I certainly don't trust them to look through the decades of success that the president has and determine anything."

It sounds like a put down by Sanders but it's actually true. These people don't even do their own taxes. Who are they to scrutinize the complicated taxes of Donald Trump?

Should Congress hire some tax experts to do that for them?

What the heck for? The IRS is the authority on taxes. Like everyone else, Trump sent in his taxes to them.

If they cleared the IRS, why do they need more checking to make sure that he didn't do something illegal........that the IRS might have missed?

We can be assured that Congress only wants the tax records to find things to spin into Trump bashing stories.

Comments
By carlberky - April 15, 2019, 4:42 p.m.
Like Reply

"We can be assured that Congress only wants the tax records to find things to spin into Trump bashing stories."

And why does he want Hilary to be investigated … again ?

"Not smart enough?"  An insult worthy of Trump. Almost all are Lawyers, smart enough to pass the Bar exams.

By metmike - April 15, 2019, 5:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Most of them are probably smarter than me too Carl.

I'm pretty good with numbers though but still wouldn't think about trying to figure out what's going on with Trump's taxes. 

With regards to investigating other people. Dang, we should all know by now, especially from watching stations like CNN, that only investigations into Donald Trump and his associate's make sense because he is the Richard Nixon of today's era and in the more extreme views, the Adolf Hitler of today. 

Investigations into Trump colluding with Russia don't need authentic evidence.

Investigations into Trump breaking tax laws don't need authentic evidence. 

It's Trump for Pete's sake! We know that he must have done some bad things. All we need to do is to keep investigating and investigating............ the bad stuff will eventually show up. 

It's the new America. 

Guilty if you're from the other party, innocent if you're from my party. 

By TimNew - April 16, 2019, 7 a.m.
Like Reply

"Almost all are Lawyers, smart enough to pass the Bar exams."

My attorney always defered my tax questions to my CPA.

By kermit - April 16, 2019, 7:29 a.m.
Like Reply

50 % of the lawyers finished in the bottom half of the class

By carlberky - April 16, 2019, 8:05 a.m.
Like Reply

"My attorney always defered my tax questions to my CPA."

Tm, like the legislators, your lawyer is smart enough to rely on a tax expert.

By joj - April 16, 2019, 8:13 a.m.
Like Reply

"If they cleared the IRS, why do they need more checking to make sure that he didn't do something illegal........that the IRS might have missed?"

Call me naive, but perhaps there is a conflict of interest in the manner in which president Trump guides tax policy. 

Or even foreign policy?   

Not illegal.  But when he chose to run for public office , his private life ceased to be private.   

By TimNew - April 16, 2019, 9:34 a.m.
Like Reply

So I guess all these years, that old "What Clinton did was between him, Hillary and Monica" was just another smoke screen  Huh?

By mcfarm - April 16, 2019, 11:48 a.m.
Like Reply

this should settle this debate, even for hypocrite libs....."the hardest thing in the world to understand is income tax".....albert einstein

By carlberky - April 16, 2019, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow !!! Because of commodities and options, I always did my own tax returns. I guess that makes me smarter than Einstein. 

By metmike - April 16, 2019, 1:17 p.m.
Like Reply

"Call me naive, but perhaps there is a conflict of interest in the manner in which president Trump guides tax policy.

Or even foreign policy?"

Bingo, you are making my case exactly. This is why the democrats want to get the tax returns so that they can use them as evidence to support speculative case X, Y and Z of how it shows a conflict in interest or some other major problems. 

No matter what the returns show, there is a  99.9% chance, considering his massive real estates deals and business  deals that there will be some entities that they can dig up dirt on and/or make another case similar to the Russian collusion case..............manufacturing convincing sounding but purely speculative scenarios and selling them as high confidence facts.

That's how it works with everything Trump from his enemies joj! 

"Not illegal.  But when he chose to run for public office , his private life ceased to be private. "

Yes. This is true but if I was Trump, I would NEVER release my taxes to the dems. In what universe would they look at them and be ok with everything? We can speculate that there are some things he doesn't want us to know about(which is probably true-again, speculation) but there is no speculation that the dems would use his taxes as ammunition to vilify him............no matter what they show.

How dumb would it be to  hand over stuff they want to use against him............if he doesn't have to do it?

One side will claim it's being dishonest and it is from the standpoint of him claiming that he would release them and his excuses for not releasing them.  

So what should his excuse be? Tell the truth and say "You'll just find stuff in there to attack me on" but that makes him sound as if he's really hiding stuff. 

I am never for lying and not this time either but he really can't win on this one but will lose more by handing the dems a bunch of ammo to use in their mission to destroy him. 

By metmike - April 16, 2019, 1:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Regarding Trumps new tax laws. Because of the changes in the personal tax exemption, everybody that itemizes lost $4,050 in deductions/person.

For a married couple like Deb and I, that itemize deductions, that comes out to a loss of over $8,000 in deductions.

For somebody paying 22% on that extra income, that comes out to more than $2,000 in extra taxes.

By kermit - April 16, 2019, 3:18 p.m.
Like Reply

"Almost all are Lawyers, smart enough to pass the Bar exams."

And who is going to pay the "Barr" tab