Quotes for June 27
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 3, 2019, 12:05 p.m.

Just trying to get your attention by using the wrong date(-:

The highest result of education is tolerance. Long ago men fought and died for their faith; but it took ages to teach them the other kind of courage, — the courage to recognize the faiths of their brethren and their rights of conscience. Tolerance is the first principal of community; it is the spirit which conserves the best that all men think. ~ Helen Keller (born 27 June 1880)

A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships. ~ Helen Keller (born June 27 1880)

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope. ~ Helen Keller

Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. My optimism, then, does not rest on the absence of evil, but on a glad belief in the preponderance of good and a willing effort always to cooperate with the good, that it may prevail. I try to increase the power God has given me to see the best in everything and every one, and make that Best a part of my life.
~ Helen Keller ~

There is no greater fallacy than the belief that aims and purposes are one thing, while methods and tactics are another, This conception is a potent menace to social regeneration. All human experience teaches that methods and means cannot be separated from the ultimate aim. The means employed become, through individual habit and social practice, part and parcel of the final purpose; they influence it, modify it, and presently the aims and means become identical.
~ Emma Goldman ~

God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.
~ Jacques Deval ~

Comments
By carlberky - April 3, 2019, 6:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.

Helen Keller

All claims of education notwithstanding, the pupil will accept only that which his mind craves ... Predigested food' should be inscribed over every hall of learning as a warning to all who do not wish to lose their own personalities and their original sense of judgment.

Emma Goldman

There is no education like adversity.

Benjamin Disraeli