Boeing and its 737 MAX
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - March 17, 2019, 6:36 p.m.

If you owe Boeing stock, I am sure you are aware of the recent 2 crashes that affected the price of the stock. Two brand-new 727 Max have fallen out of the skies, shortly after take-off.... one in Indonesia, and one in Ethiopia.

Legal analysts have pointed out that some 350 of these new planes are in service, around the world, and all of them had to be grounded until the cause of these accidents is determined. Quite likely, all of the affected airlines will charge Boeing for the costs (loss of revenue) of keeping these planes grounded.

The stock fell down last week, but then stabilized.

In the meantime, I am reading in foreign news papers that something much bigger is brewing. Since the problems with these new planes became evident several weeks ago, after the Indonesia crash, and Boeing has done nothing to investigate and correct, and now another group of passengers have lost their lives, it now seems that legal teams will charge Boeing with gross negligence. The punitive damages could be huge.

For the airplane buffs on this forum, here is the best suspected cause of these incidents, I have seen.....(it's a collection of twitter posts, but well done)

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-17/best-analysis-what-really-happened-boeing-737-max-pilot-software-engineer

Comments
By mcfarmer - March 17, 2019, 6:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Interesting. I haven’t heard that side of it.

By patrick - March 17, 2019, 7:09 p.m.
Like Reply

The FAA apparently left the certification of safety up to Boeing
It obviously wasn't safe, and never should have been approved
This is not going away

By cliff-e - March 18, 2019, 9:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Pilots need proper flight simulator training to be able to manually fly the airplane and not solely depend on the flight computer to do it. It appears the flight computer is set to climb too steep and when it senses a "stall" it throws it into a dive to regain airspeed for adequate lift. It's imperative that pilots watch the airspeed indicator when climbing and are able to retake control by lowering the nose to regain airspeed so the wing will generate lift again.