Political candidates in 2020
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 23, 2019, 8:05 p.m.

The RS Politics 2020 Democratic Primary Leaderboard

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/2020-democrat-candidates-771735/

The main way that the dems lose is if it they make more blunders like they did in 2016, running a horrible candidate that was NOT the peoples candidate but the swamp  and unelected bureaucrats candidate. They had the election in the bag, running against somebody that was so greatly disliked from the get go....... and lost it. 

All they need is somebody not too extreme that is very likeable(has charisma with good communication skills). In 2016, if you would have substituted Bill in for Hillary, with his gifted charisma but the same agenda, it would have been a landslide. Obama won with his charisma. Hillary was anti charisma. 

Unlike previous presidential elections, many things like the economy will not matter. If it did, Trump would have a huge advantage. Unfortunately, the main message that comes from the Democrats...........the one uniting them right now, is to stop Trump. 

Things like their message right now, that we have only 12 years to aggressively take actions to cut back on fossil fuels to save the planet is completely bogus. The planet is greening up for the same reason that they say we are destroying the planet.  The weather/climate/CO2 levels have been the best for life and this planet in 1,000 years.

Don't ask me, ask the planet that's greening up fast. Doubling CO2 would cause even more greening based on authentic science in every field. 

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

How can somebody that looks objectively at a planet greening up..........and knowing the reason why(climate change and the increase in CO2) and knowing with critical thinking that more CO2 will only cause more of the same, believe that we only have 12 years to stop it to save the planet? Don't they remember Al Gore telling us this exact same thing..........12 years ago???

They awarded him the Nobel Peace Prize. Hey, it's 12 years later and he was wrong about almost everything(polar bear numbers are up 25% since then). They should be taking back his Nobel Peace Prize. Instead, they are giving us the EXACT same message but moving the goal posts out another 12 years...........because the last 12 years with that "save the planet" message worked so dang well for the politicians(note Gore's award for being completely wrong) 

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/peace/2007/summary/

The only place where a climate crisis exists is on computers programmed to simulate the atmosphere based on a speculative theory for the next 100 years that have all been wrong so far. 

Besides being an atmospheric scientist, I've been an environmentalist for 37 years. Don't believe those that say people like me are deniers and don't care about the planet/environment.

That seems to be right at the top for the agenda that they are running on to be elected in 2020. No doubt the media will support this bogus narrative. It probably doesn't really matter. So many people will vote "Never Trump" that their platform could be "stop Trump" and they might win. 

Comments
By WxFollower - Feb. 23, 2019, 9:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

I’d love to see Biden though his age might be a bit of an issue. He’s one of the few Dems I could easily vote for being the right of center person I am overall. The vibe I’ve gotten from him going back to his being a leader of the Judicuary Committee 25-30 years ago was that he was a compromising uniting type who could potentially make a great POTUS. Plus he’s got s great resume of experience!

Could you see yourself voting for Biden over Trump?