Used car tires
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 23, 2019, 2:51 a.m.

Just curious

What do you folks do with your scrap car tires and other larger scrap tires

I know there was a place in the state of Georgia [sp ??] that burned a lot of tires

I hauled a lot of tires from our country into Ohio  to an old used up gravel pit until it got full

In our country we use some for recycled products but that hardly puts a dent in the supply

And to top it off we had a 5 dollar tire tax to do something with these used tires

Well the folks in charge of the program treated them selves to vacation trips and other perks at the tax payer expense. At least when th story broke and the environment Minister found out he shut the program down

Not we have piles of tires every where and nobody is doing a darn thing about this health hazaard. Tires that are piled from yrs ago and still we just hide them behind the barn. Nobody will take them.

I have a plan to do something with these scrap tires

I won't go into detail as the info is private but I can't even find somebody to talk to in gov't

Our local MPP office has a lady working on my behalf but she gets stone walled at every turn

We will be gone for some time but when I come back I may just up and go public with the media, if the lady has no success.

There is a news paper that broke the story about mis handling public tire tax funds so that will be my 1st stop, to that news paper

Sorry for this boring post, but if you have any idea what your country does, I am very interested

Burning and land fill is not acceptable for a number of reasons

Burning tires releases at least 10 toxic gases into the atmosphere and that is just what has been tested for. This toxic material does a lot of harm to our health and scrap tires just in a pile are a breeding ground for vermin and disease from mosquitoes

I am talking a 5 yr contract for 50-60 million/yr and I can make it work

No cost to the gov't as the old 5 dollar tax would pay for the contract I need

A program that people already paid the 5 dollar tax, thus not a single penny of expense to the gov't

Now who in gov't would not like a program that would cost then zero dollars

If I make any progress I will give an update but getting the attention of gov't is no small endevour to under take. Darn I tried this a couple times before and all they wanted to do was land fill them

Well now they find out that doesn't work, as I tried to tell them many yrs ago

Oh well, something to do

Just another project

Comments
By 7475 - Feb. 23, 2019, 7:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Wanye

We have a disposal fee/tax in New Jersey for those pesky used tires.

I dont know what happens to that $5 or so in the end.

I dont know who picks up those old tires from the new tire shops or where they go from there.

Im sure they dont burn the in the "open".

I have seen shredded tire product used for walking surface on "paths" and I want to say "play" areas but not sure about that last one.

Not enough demand vs supply in my opinion.

John