Trump is increasingly divorced from reality
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Feb. 7, 2019, 8:30 p.m.

His condition has grown worse since last year, when there was great concern about his mental health.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/yale-psychiatrist-trump-increasingly-divorced-reality-scrambling-prevent-emotional-collapse/

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 8, 2019, 12:50 a.m.
Like Reply

"However, this is not just a personal mental crisis but a national public health and international security crisis. A most vivid depiction of his mental crisis is his “irrational” wall. You might say that he is trying to achieve two things: trying to steady himself through the image of concrete barriers, and trying to contain his “base”, which is beginning to slip away."

"Grasping at an increasingly primitive, concrete “wall” may be a reflection of feeling that the world is falling apart. The requirement that the country needs to close down its borders, despite evidence such as the El Chapo trial that a wall would not help drug smuggling, is an indicator of one’s inner experience. This “sense” of the world as a menacing place will not go away, even if we built a wall, since it is coming from within. What such a person needs is therapy, and the first treatment for dangerous individuals is containment—even if they fight you and will never admit it, dangerous individuals often feel safe when you contain them because of how they feel out of control."

mojo,

This article is extremely ridiculous, even by Rawstory standards, spouting complete nonsense to generate hate and try to discredit President Trump and stimulate interest by the thinking impaired........., based on stuff that makes absolutely no sense(to an objective mind that can think clearly), which tells us what kind of readers that this source attracts.

I can't help you with your neurotic issues regarding Trump(if I could, I sincerely would try)  but as moderator, have a responsibility to keep mindless, inflammatory, hateful, made up stuff from representing what MarketForum projects as part of its/our image to the public.

So guess what will happen to this thread in the next 24 hours?

It goes bye bye but again, serves as an example of what NOT to post here.

If you don't want to be made to look silly again by the moderator, then please post articles/discussions that make sense, ideally from sources with a shred of credibility. 

thanks

metmike

edit: As you will see from reading below, this thread led to a substantive discussion defining acceptable posting standards and the best path for MarketForum in the future...... so it stayed.

By mojo - Feb. 8, 2019, 8:14 a.m.
Like Reply

Dr. Bandy X. Lee is a highly respected medical professional. She's not the only psychiatrist to diagnose Trump as mentally incompetent, there are thousands of them across the country & around the world who have done so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandy_X._Lee

By TimNew - Feb. 8, 2019, 8:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Here's the problem with that Mojo.  Respected, reputable doctors don't offer diagnosis of people they've never met. The APA even made a rule about that back in the Goldwater days.  Kind of a catch 22.  When you engage in unethical unprofessional behavior, you are no longer ethical or professional.

Then you look at the rambling disassociated baseless thought process in her diatribe, and anyone but a partisan hack would see it for what it is.

By mojo - Feb. 8, 2019, 8:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Don't you think that if a psychiatrist sees somebody as a threat to society that they have an ethical & moral obligation & responsibilty to blow the whistle & warn people of the danger irregardless of the Goldwater Rule?

Remember what Bush said, 'if you see something, say something'.

It doesn't take a psychiatrist to see that Trump is insane & a danger to the world anyway.

By TimNew - Feb. 8, 2019, 9:17 a.m.
Like Reply

"It doesn't take a psychiatrist to see that Trump is insane & a danger to the world anyway."

LOL.  Great stuff MOJO.  I want to thank you for providing so much entertainment here.

But,  let's ask the next question..  As I am certain it is painfully obvious to you, and all with TDS, that Trump is an insane threat to the world, doesn't that make the warning from your "respected" "professional" unnecessary? 

BTW,  this "threat to the world" is responsible for more troop withdrawals and subsequent reduction is US aggression than all of his recent predecessors. 

By mojo - Feb. 8, 2019, 9:38 a.m.
Like Reply

You didn't answer my question so I'll ask again.

Don't you think that if a psychiatrist sees somebody as a threat to society that they have an ethical & moral obligation & responsibility to blow the whistle & warn people of the danger irregardless of the Goldwater Rule?

By cliff-e - Feb. 8, 2019, 9:40 a.m.
Like Reply

Interesting thread topic. Let's hope that personal opinion won't be used as a tool for censorship against freedom of speech and expression.

What would Alex think or do?

By TimNew - Feb. 8, 2019, 9:49 a.m.
Like Reply

OK, MOJO.   The law states that if a psychiatrist has reason to believe their patient is a serious threat to themselves or others, they are obligated to inform the proper legal authority.  This is the one exception to the doctor/patient confidentiality rule.

But see, the part you can't seem to quite grasp, is that this needs to be an actual patient.

In your world, with your way of thinking. a psychiatrist watching a soap opera would be obligated to warn about the evil twin who was about to kill his brothers girlfriend.

To expound.. A psychiatrist can't possibly make a valid diagnosis without at least a few hours of face to face time.  Failing that, if the patient expressed the desire and means to commit a violent act would be justification. Any psychiatrist making a diagnosis under any other circumstance is engaging in a serious breach of professional ethics.

And this is the case no matter how much you really really wanna believe them

By TimNew - Feb. 8, 2019, 9:55 a.m.
Like Reply

ODG Cliff.  This is the umpteenth time we've had "alarming news" about Trump being "Mentally Unbalanced" from some "esteemed" professional.  How you can find it interesting is a mystery.

By mojo - Feb. 8, 2019, 10:05 a.m.
Like Reply

You didn't answer the question again, Tim.  I'll ask again.

Don't you think that if a psychiatrist sees somebody as a threat to society that they have an ethical & moral obligation & responsibilty to blow the whistle & warn people of the danger irregardless of the Goldwater Rule?

Just a simple yes or no will suffice, if you are capable of that.

By TimNew - Feb. 8, 2019, 10:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Is Vandy writing for you these days?

I've answered your question 3 times. I'm sorry you don't  like or understand the answer, but it's a direct answer to your direct question.

The only other way I can answer is that without proper information, the psychiatrist can't warn anyone about anything. And without actual face to face time, the psychiatrist can't have proper information.

By metmike - Feb. 8, 2019, 11:29 a.m.
Like Reply

" Let's hope that personal opinion won't be used as a tool for censorship against freedom of speech and expression."

"What would Alex think or do?"

1. Alex and I had numerous conversations.  His biggest priority here was to develop the forum with quality posting, ideally trading posts but was frustrated because he was losing some of his best posters and traders.

2. In March 2018, MarketForum had officially died. There were only a couple of trading posts per week on the trading forum. MarketForum was going to close down. 

3.  In April, metmike stepped in..............as a trader and meteorologist injecting a new type of very active posting on both the trading forum and NTR forum.  Allowing all posts about everything by everyone, as long as they didn't excessively attack others here.

4. This revived Marketforum to a point but has stalled in attracting new people. It has come to his attention numerous times, that new people and some people already here are turned off by the offensive, excessive and neurotic  posting of nonsensical attacks on President Trump. 

5. Is this their personal opinion? Yes. Of course the ones with that opinion will think this is unfair censuring and defend it.  However, if Obama was president and mcfarm was constantly posting nonsense about his birth certificate from silly sources, you can bet this would be a problem. 

6. The fact that mojo actually sees this article as being legit tells us that he has no clue on how to decifer what makes sense and what does not when it comes to President Trump.............and needs an objective source, responsible for what Marketforum should represent to do that.

7. Alex got paid. metmike, even though being promised to get paid 9 months ago, has received zero of the monthly checks promised, while the owner get's theirs and the owner has not responded in many, many months to emails.........so he's not doing it for the money.

8. He's doing it, for the same reason that he coaches scholastic chess at 5 different schools. To try to make the world a better place. In this case, using opportunities to

a. Share weather and trading ideas as a meteorologist and professional trader

b. Provide authentic facts and truth on topics that are being misreprented by others trying to manipulate those that don't have access to the truth,  especially climate change, for political agenda

c. Bring together people who can share ideas and discuss/debate topics respectfully. .......that don't offend other people. 

After 9 months of doing this, I'm learning more and more. One thing that I think that I've learned is that articles like this are offensive enough to others that they are damaging the forum. They are designed for the thinking impaired and contain absurd, speculative  opinions with only one objective.............hurt a persons reputation.  They are extraordinarily divisive.

When an article like this is posted here. Does it bring people together? Can there be intelligent discourse over it?  Most importantly, as an objective observer looking at its contents using critical thinking, does any of it make sense.

No! No! and NO!

It's the complete opposite of everything that MarketForum should represent.

Considering that this thread has turned into a decent discussion of MarketForum values and objectives and what is not acceptable, I will keep it up.

Nothing has changed, including having to reign in mojo at times(who was reinstated here by metmike after being banned for life by the previous moderator-so that he had opportunities to post opposing opinions) except to better scrutinize these counter productive threads and if necessary take additional actions if a poster can't be controlled by that method.

I continue to encourage everybody to share any opinion that does not offend others.

Earlier this week, lar asked me to step in to moderate situations similar to what was offensive to him involving a poster that was making it hard for him to express himself freely without feeling that he was being attacked.

I did intervene by deleting 3 offensive posts. This has also resulted in me looking at the big picture of moderating, including how it applies here.

The side that hates Trump will think that I am being unfair by censoring their hate Trump speech. 

I have some advice for you guys. Instead of blaming an entity for denying you the right to fully engage in all out hate Trump posting with no controls, look in the mirror and ask yourself if having this hate define you is productive or counterproductive to your own spiritually and peace of mind? Positive karma?

Limiting the most extreme nature of it here, is doing you a favor. Don't believe that because you can't imagine that I would actually care enough about you to think that way. 

I do!

By metmike - Feb. 12, 2019, 7:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Just to be clear, I was and am serious about my statements on this thread and others since this thread was posted. 

I greatly appreciate those who have stayed and are making positive contributions.