Libs in a grownup world?
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - March 16, 2018, 7:53 p.m.

When you look at the arguments that liberals make, and the tactics that they use, you have to ask yourself, “Would grownups really listen to this crap?”Let’s try a few typical examples.

“The Rich Should Pay Their Fair Share Of Taxes!!!”

©onservative:How much do the rich pay in taxes?

(L)iberal: I don’t know

C: How much should they pay?

L: More than they do.

C: How much would be fair?

L: More

C: The top 10% pay 72+% of taxes and the bottom 50% pay little or none. What would be fair?

L: You’re racist!!!

“Anyone working 40 hours per week deserves a living wage”

C: What is a living wage?

L: Enough to live on.

C: Is a living wage for a single mother of 3 the same as a living wage for a 16 y/o living with his parents?

L: What????

C: Should a single mother of 3 make more than a 16 y/o living with his parents while doing the same job?

L: You’re a racist!!!

“We need sensible Gun Law”

C: What are the gun laws?

L: I don’t know,but we need to keep assault weapons out of the hands of dangerous people.

C: What are assault weapons?

L: Weapons of war, like AR-15s!!

C:What makes an AR-!5 different from 100’s of other semi-auto weapons?

L: I Dunno,they are just more dangerous.

C: The most common weapon in mass killings is a 12 gauge shotgun.Should we ban those too?

L:Maybe.

C: So you are for banning all weapons?

L: You value your right to own weapons over the lives of children!!!

“Immigrants should have the same rights as everyone!!”

C:I agree.We do not deny the rights of immigrants.

L: Are you kidding?We deny their rights all the time and try to deport them!!

C: We never do that to legal immigrants.

L: You’re a racist!!!

I could go on, but the histrionics of the left are not conducive to intelligent and rational discussion. Why is anyone listening?

Comments
By joj - March 16, 2018, 9:05 p.m.
Like Reply

You REALLY need to get another hobby!

By TimNew - March 17, 2018, 6:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Would you prefer I take up posting click bait that denigrates Trump?

By frey_1999 - March 17, 2018, 12:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Just another example of tim trying to state his opinions or beliefs,  as facts.  

By TimNew - March 17, 2018, 6:03 a.m.
Like Reply

These are definitely my opinions and I make no attempt at presenting them as fact though I can state there is plenty of observable evidence to support my opinion.

Would you care to dispute my opinion?

By mcfarm - March 18, 2018, 9:45 a.m.
Like Reply

opinions? I have money that says you will find each of these arguments on cnn or msnbc nearly daily

By TimNew - March 18, 2018, 9:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Oh,  I did not "invent" the arguments,  hence the observable evidence...  And very likely the ensuing silence :-)

And it's quite typical to see a response to a fact based argument that calls into question the character of the presenter.  "Nazi", "Homophobe", "Racist", etc.  are common.  They rarely, if ever apply,  but when you have no argument to support your position,  you have 2 choices.  Accept the argument, which almost never happens, or hurling baseless epithets.