Trumps presidency teetering on the edge
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Jan. 26, 2019, 10:26 a.m.

After trump dramatic and punishining loss on his wall shutdown bet it will be interesting to see how he regroups.

There is a pathway  for him out and a small chance for a recovery. Most presidents when faced with the kind of butt whooping this President has received since  November would pivot and move towards the middle try to work with the opposition we shall see if this one ego can let it happen. We should have a pretty good idea soon. Trump actiullty can take control of the border security debate his first move should be to bring in some experts that understand the needs on the border, this group should be both supporters and detractors of the simply build a wall plan he used as a rally cry. They could  give him a comprehensive plan for security on the border, my guess is that this plan would include areas of see through wall along with many other item but would be a passable plan.

The question is will he, history says NO let's all hope trumps history is not our future 

Comments
By silverspiker - Jan. 26, 2019, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

1/26/1875    Pinkerton agents, hunting Jesse James, kill his 18-year-old half-brother and seriously injure his mother with a bomb  ....

By mcfarm - Jan. 26, 2019, 11:25 a.m.
Like Reply

only thing Mueller could done more offensive {and ignorant} would of bring in a couple of tanks and a division of marines...by the way Trump has talked to every expert down at the boarder and every liar in DC....thanks for the hot tip on what he should of done

By TimNew - Jan. 26, 2019, 11:49 a.m.
Like Reply

I think Trump will ultimately use an EO to build the wall.  He'd rather negotiate,  but he will get the wall.  There is no question about the presidents constitutional authority over border security. I suspect even Ginsberg would agree.

The downside to the EO is that the people who hate him will still hate him.  The upside is he will be fulfilling a campaign promise that was key to his electoral victory.

I fail to see how this constitutes a "teetering on the edge"...

By mojo - Jan. 27, 2019, 8:25 a.m.
Like Reply

I fail to see how this constitutes a "teetering on the edge"...

Do you ignore the news, analysis & commentary much? 

By TimNew - Jan. 27, 2019, 8:50 a.m.
Like Reply

"Do you ignore the news, analysis & commentary much?"

I pay a lot of attention to what's going on.  Unlike you, I have sources that are not limited to "RawStory", which is the foundation of most of your beliefs.  You would be far better informed if you read no news at all.

By mojo - Jan. 27, 2019, 9:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Hey dude, I've got my cognitive bias & you've got yours, & never the twain shall meet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

BTW, get your own LOL gif, danged copycat.

By TimNew - Jan. 27, 2019, 9:48 a.m.
Like Reply

" cognitive bias"

Is that what they're calling what you have these days?   How cute.