Boeing’s Flying Car Has Taken Off
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Jan. 24, 2019, 11:08 a.m.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-23/boeing-s-flying-car-takes-off-to-show-a-glimpse-of-the-future

"A Boeing Co. flying car designed to whisk passengers over congested city streets and dodge skyscrapers completed its first test flight on Tuesday, offering a peek into the future of urban transportation the aerospace giant and others are seeking to shape.

"A prototype of its autonomous passenger air vehicle completed a controlled takeoff, hover and landing during the test conducted in Manassas, Virginia, the maker of military and commercial jets said in a statement Wednesday. Propelled by electricity, the model is designed for fully autonomous flight, with a range of as much as 50 miles, Boeing said."

Comments
By carlberky - Jan. 24, 2019, 12:08 p.m.
Like Reply

I might call it a "Flying Taxi" but until it can fly AND drive the streets, I wouldn't call it a "Flying Car".

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2019, 2:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow!

I can see an application with regards to emergency vehicles right away.

These things will guzzle fuel of course, so if we are trying to conserve fuel or use less fossil fuels not a great idea but one can't imagine them in widespread use(or anything more than a low number with strict controls over their use) or we would have mid air collisions all over the place.