Nick Sandmann interview
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 23, 2019, 7:50 p.m.

Despite being threatened with boycotting for allowing Nick Sandmann, the smiling 16 year old in the famous video,  to talk , the NBC Today Show did an interview of him.

It played this morning.

You can see and hear that this is an upstanding young man being raised the right way.....sent to a terrific school that does not tolerate racism as he stated, with ethics, respect for other people, non aggressive and did absolutely nothing wrong this past weekend.

He told the complete truth and the video of the entire episode backs him up 100%.

It's sad that the interviewer, felt the need to put a misleading spin on some of his statements:"he wished he would have walked away" and "Sandmann acknowledged that if he and the other teens weren’t wearing the red “Make American Great Again” hats, which he purchased from a street vendor moments before the melee, things might have turned out differently.".........to make it appear like he was at fault and wearing the hats was at fault.

Listen to the interview. He does not say that at all! Read the transcript, that's not what he communicated to her.  He insists that he did nothing wrong.......and this is irrufutably confirmed by the videos. About the hat, he says that she needs to talk to Mr. Phillips (the other guy) to find out what he was thinking about the hats if she wants to know why he came up to them.

He and his classmates were brutally smeared in unprecedented fashion by much of the country this past weekend and the intense hatred continues to be directed at these teenagers, their school and their families(by some), after they went to the March for Life rally in Washington D.C to support their position  with regards to respecting the sanctity of all human life. It was completely twisted by social and the mainstream media to turn them into privileged, confrontational, racist monsters with a narrative that was 100% the opposite of the truth about them and the incident...........but served the purpose of the narrators, who abused these wonderful young men just because they were wearing MAGA hats. 

https://www.today.com/news/nick-sandmann-interview-today-show-s-savannah-guthrie-encounter-native-t147242

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 23, 2019, 9:49 p.m.
Like Reply

so proud of that young student. Cannot tell you how proud of a young man being attacked not for what he did or did not do ...attacked because he is who he is. The msm so wanted their narrative this young white conservative Christian  has to go on national TV to have bleeding heart lib start with "some say"..what a crock...if she wanted ask a straight forward question fine, but to start with the cowardly "some say" and then be followed with "because of who you are" tells the entire story. The narrative the libs so desperately needed falls about so quickly its embarrassing. Think the media learned one lesson in this fiasco? Hardly, the next big hoax is right around the corner

By carlberky - Jan. 24, 2019, 7:47 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/23/18193174/covington-catholic-school-native-american-students-video

A different opinion.

"When you saw the young man’s face looking at the elder, and just the smirk, and then having a whole group around him of his fellow classmates, all boys, doing the various things they were doing — chanting, doing tomahawk things, racist behaviors — this is what privilege looks like. This is what he has learned not only from his schooling but also from other sources of education, which include family and the larger national context.

"What he’s learned is this contempt toward others, this kind of privileged white male gaze that communicates, “I’m better than you, I don’t even have enough respect for you to even say anything to communicate, but I will communicate everything I need to through my body language.” That overconfidence, and that sense of entitlement, all of it was being performed in that moment."

By TimNew - Jan. 24, 2019, 9:49 a.m.
Like Reply

So now, silently smiling while being aggressively harassed on two fronts is a form of assault...  If you are wearing an MAGA hat.  

Tough to keep up with all these rules.

Guess we just need to remember that if you are wearing an MAGA hat,  anything you do is wrong, and anything anyone does to you is OK.

This actually applies to any action, word or deed that appears to be anything but abject condemnation of Trump.  As a matter of fact, this applies if you appear to be THINKING anything that does not include abject condemnation of Trump.

We'll be restoring order to this once great nation in no time.

By mcfarm - Jan. 24, 2019, 9:50 a.m.
Like Reply

yes great article carl. NOT.  So the bottom line is they can not only come for you if they dare think you are white privilege they can now come for you for what they perceive as a smirk. You have submitted what the elites in this country have sunken ....you are standing on a side walk being called white trash incest babies and many things I cannot print here then approached and not move then you are guilty of everything false and fake the left can possibly invent. You have certainly made the case for major problems coming if the radical left does not reverse its current course.

By carlberky - Jan. 24, 2019, 10:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Just thought it would be fair to let the other side give their opinion.

This thread is a prime example of why I don't like to engage in useless debate.

By TimNew - Jan. 24, 2019, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Defensible opinion is one thing.  Ridiculous attempt at rationalization against all available data is quite another.

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2019, 11:34 a.m.
Like Reply

What keeps getting over looked is the fact that the entire reason for these teenagers to  be in Washington DC was for the Right to Life March.

They traveled all the way from Covington Kentucky because their faith causes them to firmly believe in protecting the rights of unborn babies.

They were wearing the MAGA hats supporting Donald Trump because Donald Trump is Pro Life.  None of them said anything about the wall or anything related to Trumps other policies. 

A look at President Trump’s pro-life ‘solution’            

https://catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2018/11/09/a-look-at-president-trumps-pro-life-solution/

"In his first two years as president, Trump has enacted several pro-life policies, focused largely on reversing Obama-era measures to expand abortion funding."

You can debate all you want on whether women have a right to make the choice or not but there is no debating what these kids believe and what political person supports their belief on unborn babies.

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2019, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

The other item that's not up for debate is their age.

These are teenagers. The boy in the videos is 16 years old.  

He won't even be able to vote for 5 years. Much of what they know and their belief system has been determined by their parents and Catholic schools. How can millions of people judge and hate kids that they don't even know?

I've coached and taught 3,500 kids in chess, soccer, basketball, baseball and scouts over the past 25 years.

The chess club that I coach with kids the age of Nick met yesterday. I sometimes have to insist these kids get back to their seats when they are horsing or goofing around. These are kids for Pete's sake.  They are awesome and deserve our love, support/encourageement and respect..............and good example/mentoring. This is actually what I consider my mission in life.

This is whether they are from the inner cities or from rich neighborhoods!!!

Whether they are democrats or republicans. These kids have not even gone out in the world yet. They don't even know who they are or what they might become as adults.

And the world can judge them with intense hatred?

I watched the videos of the event. These kids did nothing wrong. How can people hate kids like this because they were wearing a hat that supports the political person that supports their reason for being in Washington DC?

By TimNew - Jan. 24, 2019, 12:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Obviously sensing that their original baseless charges are loosing steam, liberals are now taking up the chant "Why is a Catholic School with Tax Free Status sending kids on a trip to protest women's rights".

They appear to have a need to get something off these teenagers. I mean, after all,  they had the audacity to be wearing MAGA caps.  They need to be taught a lesson!!!

By mcfarm - Jan. 24, 2019, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

right carl, just want to be fair. How is it fair when 16 year old boys are falsely attacked. How can you or any other lib sit there and say such silly non relevant things. Just want to be fair...and then as usual declare the debate over and pointless.. there we have it folks an elite who knows it all so what's the point...just ask carl and he will tell you all you need to know with no debate

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2019, 8:22 p.m.
Like Reply

"This thread is a prime example of why I don't like to engage in useless debate."

I agree with you carl. Most discussions involving politics turn out to be useless debates.

Though I succumb to useless debate sometimes, I do my best to rely on authentic, indisputable facts which prove the points I try to make.

There have been many, many, many "politically motivated"  opinions on this particular issue based on zero facts.

However, the facts...........are the facts and they almost all line up the same way.............independent of politics.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/22469/

By metmike - Jan. 26, 2019, 11:11 p.m.
Like Reply

CNN and the Native American continued to attack and/lay blame the last several days on the 16 year old boy for the incident that the Indian clearly instigated. 

Let's add another point to show how absurd this is, especially for those that don't understand what's taught at Catholic schools.

Could this rich, white, Catholic boy from Kentucky be a racist?  Was he really disrespecting the Native American?  Were his responses in the NBC interview really all from coaching(as the Indian continues to insist)? Did he fail to take responsibility for his aggression/part?

I assume that most of you here are not Catholic or have not gone to a Catholic school and probably don't fully understand a few things about what sincere Catholics embrace as part of their faith. This would  especially be the case for a family that, instead of sending their children to a public school for free(tax payers money) spend a tremendous amount of money to have their children educated at a Catholic school to instill the principles key to the Catholic belief  system and morals into their children.

What are those?

USCCB Logo

Life and Dignity of the Human Person

http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catholic-social-teaching/life-and-dignity-of-the-human-person.cfm

The Catholic Church  proclaims that human life is sacred and that the dignity of the human person is  the foundation of a moral vision for society. This belief is the foundation of  all the principles of our social teaching.

"Implicitly, however, it encourages a positive attitude of absolute  respect for life; it leads to the promotion of life and to progress along the  way of a love which gives, receives and serves. (St. John Paul II, The Gospel of Life [Evangelium vitae. . . ],no. 54)

This teaching rests on one basic principle:  individual human beings are the foundation, the cause and the end of every  social institution."

"There exist also sinful inequalities that affect millions  of men and women. These are in open contradiction of the Gospel: Their equal  dignity as persons demands that we strive for fairer and more humane  conditions. Excessive economic and social disparity between individuals and  peoples of the one human race is a source of scandal and militates against  social justice, equity, human dignity, as well as social and international  peace. (Catechism of the Catholic Church. . . , no. 1938)

Whatever  insults human dignity, such as subhuman living conditions, arbitrary  imprisonment, deportation, slavery, prostitution, the selling of women and  children; as well as disgraceful working conditions, where men are treated as mere tools for profit, rather than as free and responsible persons; all these things and others of their like are  infamies indeed. They poison human society, but they do more harm to those who  practice them than those who suffer from the injury. "

metmike: Under these priniciples, racism or discrimination against anybody is totally unacceptable. This is why the school, when it initially fell for the fake news(as did other horrified Catholics) condemned the boys and threatened expulsion. If Nick Sandmann or the others had done what they were first accused of doing, they would have been kicked out of school because it  would have so egregiously violated everything that they have been taught.

And they traveled all the way from Kentucky to show their support and respect for life. I'm sure that they also wanted to see Washington DC  but  its patently absurd to continue to try to insinuate ulterior motives or underlying racism or a rich, white boy mentality or insincerity. 

We don't really know anything about this boy personally. But we do know a lot about what he's being taught at school in religion class (and at all the other Catholic schools around the country) It must line up with his parents belief system......who might be rich but are using their money to have him taught the values at the link above.

Being a Catholic, when it comes to human life, is more than just being anti-abortion" as some refer to it or against a womans right to choose. 

If this kid came from a public school, we would know that he's  been taught math, reading, spelling, science and the other basic, required classes.

But Nick Sandmann and his classmates also have religion class every day. That doesn't mean he/they are perfect or that he/they embrace every iota of what he/they have been taught.

But we know with 100% certainty what the ethical principles are, which they have been taught for however many years that they've gone to Catholic school.