to mojo
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Jan. 23, 2019, 12:36 p.m.

dear mojo,

you posted the image below into one of the recent threads. 

The image contains 3 items.

The first is a symbol of a society that believed slavery was good

The second is a symbol of a dictator who believed killing Jews (genocide) was good.

The third is a hat that summarizes the campaign promises of a presidential candidate

His campaign promises were:   boosting the economy... bringing back jobs from overseas..strengthening our borders to force immigrants to enter legally...removing the US from agreements that did not make sense...reduce military engagements in wars in far-away countries that were no thread to us...take care of our country before taking care of others......... summarized as Make America Great Again.

One could call these intentions to be "patriotic"

Now, I know, you didn't create this image, mojo. I know you copied it from one of your favorite internet sources.

However, whoever created this image, must be person consumed by hatred, making him/her spew out absurd comparisons such as this. The comparison in this image not only reflects an obsessed mind, it also offends any clear thinking person, be he a conservative or a liberal.

Comments
Re: to mojo
0 likes
By metmike - Jan. 23, 2019, 2:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"The comparison in this image not only reflects an obsessed mind, it also offends any clear thinking person, be he a conservative or a liberal."

Gunter,

Thank you.

Mojo, I hope that you are paying attention.

Besides offensive articles, we are trying to avoid offensive pictures too.  

I realize that after months of intentionally providing offensive stuff(as in being a troll) this may be tough for you to get the hang of at first but I will assist you.............if you truly intend on making points without offending others. 

I will  continue to do my best to give you the benefit of the doubt.

2 wonderful role models for you would be carl and lar that constantly make substantive points representing their/your side without the intentionally inflammatory nature of the delivery. 

Re: Re: to mojo
0 likes
By TimNew - Jan. 24, 2019, 6:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Funny thing about offense/offensive posts. People are offended way too easily these days. A reasonable idea to one is offensive to another.  I'd like to say that this "snowflake" mentality of heightened sensibility is limited to the left, and of course, this is largely true,  but you occasionally see the same lack of tolerance from the right in some cases.

The 1st amendment does not offer protection from being offended. We need to tread lightly where offense is concerned.  There's a very fine line between taking offense and censorship.